Sponsored

What do you guys think of this- side door molding protectors?

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
Hi what do you all think of this? IT sort of gives the car a 99-04 corvette c5 look with these on our cars. Do you like this molding? It will prevent door dings in lots. OHi what do you all think of this? IT sort of gives the car a 99-04 corvette c5 look with these on our cars. Do you like this molding? It will prevent door dings in lots. Or does it look not so good? cheap looking?I kinda like it?Want to know what you guys feel about this look.

HM-MUSTANG15.2-500x500.jpg

HM-MUSTANG15.3-500x500.jpg
Sponsored

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
Doesn't look bad at all in my opinion. I'm not saying it looks better but if a ding/dent can be avoided I say it wins out.

glmarker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang premium Mach 1 FJG and 1964.5 Mustang
I had a set put on mine when I picked it up from the dealer. I am sure it will save a door edge chip at some point in its life and it is barely noticeable on the car.

Gary

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Not bad at all

Gman

Gman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Mustang
Back in the day when I bought my 2001 Trans AM, they were on there. Next day they were off. To me it's a lot bettter without them. If I had a Vette I would have done the same thing.

Sponsored

David Young

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang
It looks like what Ford put on their 'rentals-program' Mustangs in 2005-2009 :(

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I think the upper door panel edge sticks out farther, so those protectors are of little help. Especially in this day & age of sport-futility vehicles.

Mike's Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 401A
Back in the day when I bought my 2001 Trans AM, they were on there. Next day they were off. To me it's a lot bettter without them. If I had a Vette I would have done the same thing.
I did the same with my '99 Trans AM.

If you think about all the various shapes of other vehicles doors. Then think about the various heights of those vehicles. Follow that by the likely points of impact on your car due to the various shapes and heights of other vehicles. Then you will realize that the door ding strips have a very small probability of actually protecting your vehicle from a ding. So they're more an appearance mod than a protection mod.

If you like the way it looks, go for it.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I like them put they're way thicker than they need to be ... things look to be a half inch thick minimum when 1/8th would've done the job. For that reason I wouldn't get them personally as it look too "tacked on".

3onthetree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Man. W/PP
I have these exact moldings on my Black 17 GT PP. from SportWing correct? i think they look pretty good and not noticeable when installed. I would rather not have them, but they’re needed on a DD car. Yes the do stand away from the body about 1/2”, to be almost flush with the top fold of the door. I don’t like the piece on the rear quarter since it follows the curve and the rear edge bumps further out than the front edge. They are easy to install just take your time and follow the directions. I can upload pics if you like.

Sponsored

sed6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Dissenting opinion here but I think they are ugly as sin and won't do a thing to protect your car. Doors come in all shapes and sizes and there's no predicting where a ding will occur. The best protection against a door ding is careful selection of your parking spot.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
Dissenting opinion here but I think they are ugly as sin and won't do a thing to protect your car. Doors come in all shapes and sizes and there's no predicting where a ding will occur. The best protection against a door ding is careful selection of your parking spot.
I agree, but don't take two spaces even if the lot is empty. That seemingly makes you a douche (refer to the "Parking" thread), and opens you up to spinless, ball-less, cowards f'n with your car.

Not a fan of the ding guards.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
I think they will most definitely help channel and align the airflow along the side of the car! I envision a more stable platform at high speeds and less slideslew in cross winds.

I heartily endorse this product!!

CVCashmere
:D

3onthetree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Man. W/PP
I drop off my passenger and always park in the back corner spot. Still some jackhole parks their sh*tbox next to me. Just added insurance. Lined up doors from my 03’ Passat and 12’ Pilot and a random shopping cart, and they do contact the molding first.
Sponsored