Sponsored

Early bird, late bloomer. Finally in a S550!!

Macfarland

MacFastang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Prius III Touring
I remember when I subscribed to this forum back in 2012. One of the first subscribers. I could not wait for the S550 to be revealed. When it was finally revealed, I couldn't wait to own one. I went for a 2010 GT premium track pack first for budget reasons and because I wanted to own the unrefined retro-style Mustang as well. I enjoyed it for 3 and a half years.
I arrived at the dealer to take care of the airbag recall and vibration issues. When I browsed the dealer's used car inventory while waiting in the lounge room, I spotted this beauty on their website. Long story short, it was an opportunity I could not let go.
It is a 2017 GT premium, PP, 401A and navigation with only 5,700 miles. Final price before TTL was $30,500 ohhhh and I was only $300 upside down on my trade-in. Could not pass this opportunity.

All I can say is woooow!!! I think it drives and feels a bit better than my ex-S197 :lol:

Here are some pics at the dealership. Nicer background pictures coming soon.

Sponsored

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Congrats and welcome into the S550 ownership!

(*don't forget to update your "Drives" under your user ID to the left) :)

Sponsored

OP
OP

Macfarland

MacFastang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am still deciding whether to drive it like there's no tomorrow or garage queen hahaha

Now I need to buy a car cover, axle back ford performance and LED reverse light to star with.

What's the best way to remove dust?

What's the best brand to buy drying cloths and all washing stuff?

Also, is there a foam to remove from the sound tube? Car is very quiet compared to my 2010

DarkHor$e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed '17 PP Base- Sold!!!

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
I am still deciding whether to drive it like there's no tomorrow or garage queen hahaha

Now I need to buy a car cover, axle back ford performance and LED reverse light to star with.

Also, is there a foam to remove from the sound tube? Car is very quiet compared to my 2010
About 140mph gets most of it off.;) Good looking ride, should be much better than the solid axle car.
Lee

azelmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP2 RC, 18 BMW 430i, 2022 C8 Z51 (on order)

Nice car, same thing I had, year, color, options, saw it on the internet at a dealer and had to have it. Kissed my wife bye one morning, going to work, unknown to her I was heading to the dealer. Mind you I had just purchased a 2014 370z a few months prior, and a several months prior to the Z I bought a new Jeep. Came home with the Mustang, didn’t even tell her till we went out for dinner that night. She just shook her head... (My brother and I have car problems, never satisfied). However even though I loved it and drove and raced the crap out of it for 9000 miles. I than saw the 18 refresh and even better the PP2 was coming. Ordered the PP2 and sold the 17. She just shook her head again... I’m keeping the PP2 forever though, car is amazing. Well maybe not forever.... hahaha.

OP
OP

Macfarland

MacFastang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
About 140mph gets most of it off.;) Good looking ride, should be much better than the solid axle car.
Lee
I was kind of doubting if the solid-rear axle was better than IRS. :D

As much as I loved my 2010 (it was my first Stang after all) this just blows the '10 out of the water.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Macfarland

MacFastang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice car, same thing I had, year, color, options, saw it on the internet at a dealer and had to have it. Kissed my wife bye one morning, going to work, unknown to her I was heading to the dealer. Mind you I had just purchased a 2014 370z a few months prior, and a several months prior to the Z I bought a new Jeep. Came home with the Mustang, didn’t even tell her till we went out for dinner that night. She just shook her head... (My brother and I have car problems, never satisfied). However even though I loved it and drove and raced the crap out of it for 9000 miles. I than saw the 18 refresh and even better the PP2 was coming. Ordered the PP2 and sold the 17. She just shook her head again... I’m keeping the PP2 forever though, car is amazing. Well maybe not forever.... hahaha.

I'd love a 2018 GT PP2 premium in Orange Fury

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Congratulations mate!

I visited that very dealer on my last trip to the US in 2015 - it was the first time that I had seen an S550 in the flesh and was fortunate that they had the very combination of what I had ordered (GT DIB) on the forecourt.

The staff there were very friendly and only too happy to let us crawl through the car.

Took this pic as we were leaving.

44ed617c5ef209df2d7990713ddc4939.jpg

Ace21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1
Congrats! And nice color choice !

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
Congrats. Nice color combo.
If you want more sound, do stainless works full exhaust with H pipe! Beware... it gets loud when you step into it. Little spendy but worth every penny.
Good luck with the dust, you can never keep ahead of it!

OP
OP

Macfarland

MacFastang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congratulations mate!

I visited that very dealer on my last trip to the US in 2015 - it was the first time that I had seen an S550 in the flesh and was fortunate that they had the very combination of what I had ordered (GT DIB) on the forecourt.

The staff there were very friendly and only too happy to let us crawl through the car.

Took this pic as we were leaving.

44ed617c5ef209df2d7990713ddc4939.jpg
The dealer is in terrible condition but like you said staff is friendly and they gave me a good deal. :headbang:
Sponsored