Sponsored

The ford performance air filter

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I should get a black one - it won't show the dirt so I won't have to service it as often.

raceguy388

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Damn, I wish I would of known about the red one, it would go better with ruby red then the blue one.

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
I thought to put a note on this thread for folks doing this upgrade. I also ordered a FP air filter and got one. Upon checking the inside of it, there were multiple rubber residue pieces (manufacturing issue) from the same material as the bottom cap and front ring. There were too many and too fine (crumbling in your fingers) to even attempt to clean. Needless to say, I am getting a replacement.

Always check the engine side of a new air filter even if it is brand spanking new ;)

Sponsored

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
Nice, if these didn’t last forever and were washable I’d buy another!

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
Thank you lightrules! My car won't be made until next year but I can't pass up that deal!

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Nice, if these didn’t last forever and were washable I’d buy another!
Nice Mike. I assume yours is working out well. BTW, do you clean it with just water or do you use their special cleaner or will something like Simple Green (diluted) work?

Thanks for the part number! I just just ordered a red one also!
Nice. Seems a lot of guys don't know there is a red version. Seen many guys say they wish they had a red one but ended up getting blue because they didnt know red existed. Here's the link for others interested: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004IARIT4/?coliid=I3BB3S43IY67BT&colid=2Z3NBAPS2PT6H&psc=1

Thank you lightrules! My car won't be made until next year but I can't pass up that deal!
Awesome, congrats on the build!

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
Seems a lot of guys don't know there is a red version.
Yup! I was one of those guys! The red should look good with Ruby Red. Thanks again always appreciate
Helpful info!

Sponsored

Trj3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
Nice Mike. I assume yours is working out well. BTW, do you clean it with just water or do you use their special cleaner or will something like Simple Green (diluted) work?

Nice. Seems a lot of guys don't know there is a red version. Seen many guys say they wish they had a red one but ended up getting blue because they didnt know red existed. Here's the link for others interested: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004IARIT4/?coliid=I3BB3S43IY67BT&colid=2Z3NBAPS2PT6H&psc=1

Awesome, congrats on the build!
So this will fit my 2020R and its an improvement over the stock filter?

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
So this will fit my 2020R and its an improvement over the stock filter?
I don't think Ford made any changes to this so it should. and yes it's a way better filter than the cheap yellow paper when you get with the car. and you can keep it for life so it'll save you money as well.

Doskiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
To clean mine I get a bucket large enough to submerge the filter and fill it with warm tap water. Then I pour in about a half a cup of Simple Green, 3 capfuls of Dawn. I shake out the loose dirt first ....... you could also tap it gently a few times then submerge the filter and swirl it in the mixture for about 20 seconds. Let it sit for an hour then re-swirl before removing, I rinse with a nozzle-less garden hose inside out, shake off the excess water and let dry in the sun on my backyard deck. When it drys, the filter looks brand new. I use this process when I do my yardwork on the weekends ..... kill 2 birds with one stone so to speak. Some peeps use a hair dryer after the wash, but the sun works great for me. If you have to drive the car just put the paper filter back on temporarily.

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
I don't think Ford made any changes to this so it should. and yes it's a way better filter than the cheap yellow paper when you get with the car. and you can keep it for life so it'll save you money as well.
would you go put those rims on damnit