2018 Digital Cluster Installation Guide

DarkHor$e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed '17 PP Base- Sold!!!
Thanks, I tried it out today, driving around, worked like a charm!

There a little existing slot at the top of the cluster that the piece just slides into. enjoy! :thumbsup:
Sponsored

USMCSKYLINE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I was coming from San Francisco today and the sun was hitting me straight for about 30 minutes and I didn't noticed the glare...or at least it didn't bother me. Great idea though DarkHor$e.

DarkHor$e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed '17 PP Base- Sold!!!
T/Y. You'll see it. It's usually at mid to late afternoon, with the sun behind and to the left of the car, where it can shine down onto the flat. Anyway, if you see it, now you got a solution. Least i can do to repay such a BadAzz mod. Love this Freak'in thing!

USMCSKYLINE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
T/Y. You'll see it. It's usually at mid to late afternoon, with the sun behind and to the left of the car, where it can shine down onto the flat. Anyway, if you see it, now you got a solution. Least i can do to repay such a BadAzz mod. Love this Freak'in thing!
It is, I love driving at night.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
It only happens if the sun is behind you in the afternoon. It is rare I'm driving around when the sun is high in the sky so I don't notice it.

Sponsored

badsmurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I couldn't afford to finance a GT premium at this time unfortunately but I am in love with this instrument cluster, would a shop install if I purchase all the parts? I assume this kind of thing voids warranty?

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I couldn't afford to finance a GT premium at this time unfortunately but I am in love with this instrument cluster, would a shop install if I purchase all the parts? I assume this kind of thing voids warranty?
It will not void any warranty. The cluster only has a parts warranty though so ford won’t replace it for you if it goes bad.

I’ll install it for you but I doubt most shops would. Keep in mind you need to program the cluster and sccm. I offer a full plug n play kit. You can order from me and install yourself. Pm if interested.

badsmurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
It will not void any warranty. The cluster only has a parts warranty though so ford won’t replace it for you if it goes bad.

I’ll install it for you but I doubt most shops would. Keep in mind you need to program the cluster and sccm. I offer a full plug n play kit. You can order from me and install yourself. Pm if interested.

Pm sent, thanks for the reply!

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Any one wo has done this mod want to sell their take off .
If so,please send me a PM.

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
Any one wo has done this mod want to sell their take off .
If so,please send me a PM.
I have mine with 11825 miles on it, though the clear plastic lens has a scratch from removal.
Also, if anyone needs the standard SCCM, with variable wipers, my order I initially placed is finally off of backorder and I am more than willing to sell it for what I paid, in a few days when it arrives. I ended up using the heated steering SCCM, which works fine for me. Id hate to send it back if anyone is still in need. This is the part number - JR3Z-3F791-JA

Modmike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang eco-boost
Just picked up a 2018 Ecoboost automatic with group 101A (Sync 3, ugly wheels).

I want to do the digital dash but equally important for those of us who live in the great white north are heated seats and steering wheel. I would also love automatic wipers if that's even possible.

Is this the proper parts list for the digital dash considering I want heated seats, heated steering wheel, and automatic wipers if possible?

Digital Instrument Cluster - Automatic KPH JR3Z-10849-KB
Switch Assembly Right Hand Lower JR3Z-9C888-EA

Switch Assembly Right Hand Upper JR3Z-9C888-CA
Instrument Panel Bezel LHD: JR3Z-63044D70-BA

Do I need a new SCCM if I want the above options and don't currently have them?

Am I missing anything else?

Thank you.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
Just picked up a 2018 Ecoboost automatic with group 101A (Sync 3, ugly wheels).

I want to do the digital dash but equally important for those of us who live in the great white north are heated seats and steering wheel. I would also love automatic wipers if that's even possible.

Is this the proper parts list for the digital dash considering I want heated seats, heated steering wheel, and automatic wipers if possible?

Digital Instrument Cluster - Automatic KPH JR3Z-10849-KB
Switch Assembly Right Hand Lower JR3Z-9C888-EA

Switch Assembly Right Hand Upper JR3Z-9C888-CA
Instrument Panel Bezel LHD: JR3Z-63044D70-BA

Do I need a new SCCM if I want the above options and don't currently have them?

Am I missing anything else?

Thank you.
Are you looking to add those options because you don't already have them? Because heated seats and auto wipers require much, much more than the parts listed there. They're controlled by modules and require under seat fans and ductwork amongst a bunch of other components and changes that may not even be all that feasible. It would end up being cheaper and easier to get a car that has them already I suspect.
Sponsored