Honda Minis
Im sure its a simple fix...darn bean counter cheap parts
Sponsored

hp1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Mine just went out too. Apparently most dealer don't have the part in stock. Very convenient for the ac to go out in the middle of a heat wave.

smsgt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350 magnetic/black tech
Going to be booking my 4th air conditioning service at the dealer shortly. Had the compressor replaced then the system recharged twice since then. Still blowing warm intermittently however murphys law takes over when it happens making sure Im hundreds of miles from the nearest ford dealer and in record heat when it happens. When I take it to the dealer it will blow ice cold. I told them about the alleged troublesome evaporator I have read about in the forums and according to their conversation with ford on the subject " ford is not aware of any issues with the evaporator in the gt350 or mustangs in general nor is there a TSB for the evaporator". Never having had an air conditioner problem in the other 20 or so cars I have owned I am curious if this is a truly difficult problem to troubleshoot?

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Mine started working fine again shortly after I posted this. A fluke, I guess? I've heard of a lot of Mustangs doing this, though - and needing an evap replacement.

smsgt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine started working fine again shortly after I posted this. A fluke, I guess? I've heard of a lot of Mustangs doing this, though - and needing an evap replacement.
Mine can go a month and then suddenly, two hours from home, on a smokin hot day....hot humid air fills the car.

Sponsored

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
Mine has had the same issues, also intermittently. At one point it blew stinky, stale humid air for 3 days. I took it to the dealer and it ran perfectly for them. My 2011 did the same thing occasionally and then one day about 3k miles after warranty it Blew up. It was over 2k for the repair. I love Ford Products. I love mustangs. But, it seems that they are having some pretty consistent issues with AC systems. It would seem by the 21st century they would pretty much have that down.

Screamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2116 GT350
Evaporator

My evaporator was replaced at 11,000 miles. Sunrise Ford in Ft. pierce did a great job.

smsgt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had my new evaporator installed a couple of weeks ago (4th ac repair) .Just started blowing warm air again with no intermittent cold air this time. So after compressor and evaporator replacement, what are the other culprits involved here that could be causing the problem?

rfcs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Track Pak Triple Yellow
Had my new evaporator installed a couple of weeks ago (4th ac repair) .Just started blowing warm air again with no intermittent cold air this time. So after compressor and evaporator replacement, what are the other culprits involved here that could be causing the problem?
I can relate to your situation. I’ve had my GT350 replaced the evaporatir twice, and the compressor and accumulator once, all within 10,000 miles.

What evaporator part # was last installed in your car? (mine is part W).

About “culprits” orher than manufacturing defects in these OEM A/C parts, may include excessive heat and/or vibration from the engine. Design issues.

I’ve wondered if the design of the A/C systen in the S550 Mustangs should have specified for a different (or more heavy duty) compressor and evaporator. I haven’t been able to find who is the source manufacturer of these parts to know if Ford could have specified other applications but did not for cost reasons.

My guess is as good as yours.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
Perhaps I am a bit delusional, but I would think after the same car has multiple repairs to the same part that Ford would still cover it even after the warranty is over. Has ford issued a TSB on this? Does a TSB give you a free fix after your warranty is over?

Sponsored

smsgt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can relate to your situation. I’ve had my GT350 replaced the evaporatir twice, and the compressor and accumulator once, all within 10,000 miles.

What evaporator part # was last installed in your car? (mine is part W).

About “culprits” orher than manufacturing defects in these OEM A/C parts, may include excessive heat and/or vibration from the engine. Design issues.

I’ve wondered if the design of the A/C systen in the S550 Mustangs should have specified for a different (or more heavy duty) compressor and evaporator. I haven’t been able to find who is the source manufacturer of these parts to know if Ford could have specified other applications but did not for cost reasons.

My guess is as good as yours.
The evaporator assembly part# on my work order is FR3Z19850Y.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
The regular mustangs lots of problems also, supposedly the evaporator has had several different part nos. Ford knows and hope they don't fail till after warranty. Part of reason I bought a 0 deductible/premium rental 8 year warranty.

Shabooty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
So at 3800 miles, the AC in my R is acting up. I drove to work today and when I left, it seemed like it was blowing 100% warm but it cooled every once in a while on the way home. I messed with it some more when I got home and determined that the passenger side is cooling (although not at 100%) and the drivers side seems like it's not cooling.

How does the air pass through the condenser? Does each side of the car come from one side of the condenser? What I'm imagining is that the system is malfunctioning and can somehow get half of the unit cold.

The other possibility is whatever they are using for a mixing valve for the dual temp control....but like I said, the passenger side doesn't seem to get 100% cold, either - so I suspect a systemic issue.
I had this issue. Mine was the evap like everyone is saying. It would blow cold but as soon as it got warm outside it would start blowing warm stale air. It was fixed around 2k miles I think. Then same thing happened around 14k. On a side note, those of you that get your oil changed at a dealer, always make sure to check your oil level and what they’re charging you for. They filled mine with an additional 4 qts...

rfcs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Track Pak Triple Yellow
The evaporator assembly part# on my work order is FR3Z19850Y.
Y is the latest version for cars fitted with dual a/c controls. W is for single controls (same temp for all vents). I'm currently in the third evap part (OEM, O, and now W).

Are there any lemon law cases out there against Ford for the faulty a/c's in the new Mustangs? Have there been any cases of Ford buying back the cars solely because of a/c problems?

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
Mine wasn't blowing cold air on the weekend. Got in the car tonight, fired it up and hit the AC .... now it's blasting cold air from all the vents. Not sure what to think now.
Sponsored