2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com 16 - CJ Pony Parts - 1
2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com
Homepage Wiki MOTM Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Ford Bronco Forum Calendar Garage

Go Back   2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com > 2015+ Ford Mustang Forum > Local Sections > United Kingdom

User Tag List

Old Today, 03:45 PM   #16
hinch

Drives: Sideways
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloucesternige View Post
WHAT???? Really??

Surely there are some rear ended GT350ís in the states that are at the breakers? Iíve seen a Black very S550 at a show that claimed to have a genuine GT350 front end?
the 350 has a lower nose than ours (same height as the 18's but with a first gen style front on it) now if you had an 18 and wanted to go 350 it'd probably be slightly cheaper but for our versions there's a lot of parts you need not just the external panels.
hinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:49 PM   #17
Gloucesternige

Drives: 2017 Grabber Blue GT,SWB Defender, GT86
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinch View Post
the 350 has a lower nose than ours (same height as the 18's but with a first gen style front on it) now if you had an 18 and wanted to go 350 it'd probably be slightly cheaper but for our versions there's a lot of parts you need not just the external panels.
Well, all I can say is thanks!! You learn something every day!! So, are you saying the front panel thing that holds the rad and lights is different?

2017 Grabber Blue GT Ordered 27 December 2016. Build date:- April 3rd'17, Left Baltimore May 10th , into Zeebrugge May 21st, Into Southampton June 3rd,At the dealer June 8th, At home June 13th. Back to the dealer June 20th, finally home on September 2nd.
Gloucesternige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:56 PM   #18
hinch

Garage
Quote:
Well, all I can say is thanks!! You learn something every day!! So, are you saying the front panel thing that holds the rad and lights is different?
location of crash mounts, inner wings, crash/rad bar, light mounts and something else are all different. there was a thread about it somewhere in the yank section that listed all the part numbers you'd need
Old Today, 03:56 PM   #19
Gloucesternige

Drives: 2017 Grabber Blue GT,SWB Defender, GT86
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinch View Post
mac has done it and was it one of the steves did the 350 front wings?

i think most of them are all from the same oem but just rebranded you can usually tell who's is who's and which generation it is by the front splitter on them.

so if you look at a proper lower front splitter you can see its all one piece.

and if you look at theirs its split into 3 separate pieces

i think mr bodykit is doing possibly the closest replica at the moment.

but none of them have the front splitter coming out quite far enough in the outer corners if you look closely.
I canít put my finger on it, but that front end just doesnít look right?? It seems too narrow on the lower lip?

2017 Grabber Blue GT Ordered 27 December 2016. Build date:- April 3rd'17, Left Baltimore May 10th , into Zeebrugge May 21st, Into Southampton June 3rd,At the dealer June 8th, At home June 13th. Back to the dealer June 20th, finally home on September 2nd.
Gloucesternige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:57 PM   #20
hinch

Garage
Quote:
I canít put my finger on it, but that front end just doesnít look right?? It seems too narrow on the lower lip?
because its rounded off in the corners rather than jutting out square
Old Today, 04:32 PM   #21
tweedbean

Name: James
Drives: Two MINI's but looking for a Mustang
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
One thing to remember James is that the GT350 bumper youíre looking at here is designed to fit a non GT350 S550. If you are looking to go the whole hog and get the full GT350 look you will need special front wings and bonnet to suit your bumper. It may be cheaper and neater to import genuineGT350 parts and go the whole hog. I would certainly be interested in going halves on shipping for two sets.

Doesnít Mac have genuine GT350 parts on his beast?
Yeah done lots of research into this and like said genuine parts would need a lot of parts to fit bumping up the price. The company that supplies that rep bumper in the UK also make the rep wings, fenders etc all to fit a GT.

Mac runs the replica bumper from ikon and it needed work to fit, which you would expect from most aftermarket parts. Looking at lots of different front end options including RTR, Roush etc but all research for now as I wont be changing the car straight away as I want to live with it first, get to know what I like, what I dont etc.
tweedbean is online now   Reply With Quote