Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Funny how the European lower grill is like the v6 grill from the states
Yeah, they've changed everything. Freaking European regulations. US spec cars are so much better :rant:
Sponsored

EAndre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
E
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Base 6MT Recaros Sold
My only disappointment with mine is all the allen mounting bolts have rusted. They look like they have been on the car for 20 years lol

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
How is this compared to the ETS FMIC?
I like my ETS. [MENTION=27749]MakStang[/MENTION] like shis CP-E :p

I run about 10-15c over ambient on charge temps and have done in all weathers on pulls. Makis can post his for the cpe.

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, couldn't be happier. See my posts #158 and #159 in this thread, where I compare the cp-e DeltaCore with the stock fmic - night and day! And I live in a very hot climate (in the summer temps are 35-43*C! As you will see in the graphs above CATs range 2-9*C over ambient during a pull! No drop in boost pressure whatsoever and no turbo lag at all. The car keeps pulling and pulling throughout the rpm range.

But I cannot compare it with the ETS - which by the way is a great piece of equipment - as I have never installed it. I remained undecided for a long time between the ETS and cp-e DeltaCore and at the end I decided to go with the latter.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, couldn't be happier. See my posts #158 and #159 in this thread, where I compare the cp-e DeltaCore with the stock fmic - night and day! And I live in a very hot climate (in the summer temps are 35-43*C! As you will see in the graphs above CATs range 2-9*C over ambient during a pull! No drop in boost pressure whatsoever and no turbo lag at all. The car keeps pulling and pulling throughout the rpm range.

But I cannot compare it with the ETS - which by the way is a great piece of equipment - as I have never installed it. I remained undecided for a long time between the ETS and cp-e DeltaCore and at the end I decided to go with the latter.
ppsshh now you're comparing the pulls, I'm about 5-15 on pulls, depends what point and who's infront, if I'm in a tail wind it goes up etc etc ;)!

Anyway anything that's under 20c ontop of charge temps is decent, lower is always better! :lol:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fiesta St, 1989 BMW 325i
Just a quick comment on the ETS comparison. The ETS is better compared to our stage 2 race FMIC. The normal CP-E deltacore is a stock fitment unit and you can keep the grill shutters if so desired. Because of this, the ETS does have a much larger core than our "stage 1" stock fitment unit.

Not knocking ETS at all. Its a great product. Installed their RS intercooler last week and the quality and performance met expectations (tuned the car as well). Its good to have good competition as its motivation to make great products!

Check out our V2

http://cp-e.com/shop/product/ford-mustang-ecoboost-race-v2-fmic-δcore-front-mount-intercooler/

This has a core that is more than twice the size of the stage 1, and over 3 times the size of the stock intercooler. With the internal diffuser fins, it has no issue on the stock turbo (no lag or anything of the sort, 20 psi before 2500rpm). On the dyno the temperature rise from start to finish was -1 degrees F. Yes. It dropped. Its insane.

Watch out for a big sale this week too!

Also, grab a copy of this months s3 magazine as we took a stock EBM and threw full bolt ons at it (all CP-E parts) including our stage 2 intercooler.

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
My Mechanic had a hard time keeping the grill shutters on. They said it would of took another hour of labor trying to get it to fit right. Maybe they just didn't know any better.

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
http://cp-e.com/shop/product/ford-mustang-ecoboost-race-v2-fmic-δcore-front-mount-intercooler/

This has a core that is more than twice the size of the stage 1, and over 3 times the size of the stock intercooler. With the internal diffuser fins, it has no issue on the stock turbo (no lag or anything of the sort, 20 psi before 2500rpm). On the dyno the temperature rise from start to finish was -1 degrees F. Yes. It dropped. Its insane.
That thing is a beast; I love mine.

i-JCwzNc8-X3.jpg

Sponsored

J.P.B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Does anyone know what each of the cp-e FMICs weigh?

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Does anyone know what each of the cp-e FMICs weigh?
I'm curious as well, I'd like to know vs stock weight. Also is the stage 2 overkill if staying stock turbo and no tune? I plan on lots of drag racing and auto cross.

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
I'm curious as well, I'd like to know vs stock weight. Also is the stage 2 overkill if staying stock turbo and no tune? I plan on lots of drag racing and auto cross.
Just my opinion; stock intercooler is a cheap, plasticey joke and probably weighs less than 10 pounds. CPE stage 1 is easily twice that at ~20 pounds, not sure about stage 2. I would go stage 2 if I were you. Just a daily driver, stage 1 is the ticket. Why would you leave mountains of torque and HP on the table with an upgraded intercooler without tuning for it?

DB23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3T 200A Auto Ingot
Stage 1 is 30 lbs
Stage 2 is 45 lbs

Per cp-e website.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Just my opinion; stock intercooler is a cheap, plasticey joke and probably weighs less than 10 pounds. CPE stage 1 is easily twice that at ~20 pounds, not sure about stage 2. I would go stage 2 if I were you. Just a daily driver, stage 1 is the ticket. Why would you leave mountains of torque and HP on the table with an upgraded intercooler without tuning for it?
Leary of the ecoboom. Really don't want to blow the motor. I may consider a Ford performance tune but not certain

I want to be able to race safely without the engine pulling timing
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.