Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
STOP POSTING THIS SHIT, YOU'RE MAKING ME WANT TO BUY A $50K CAR THAT I JUST CAN'T AFFORD (And I know I can't afford it, I've crunched the numbers 100+ times trying to convince myself that I can :(:brokenheart:

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Actually, after crunching the numbers again, I might be able to... *Calls dealership* :lol:

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I thought about that, but honestly, I'd rather have the digital cluster. All the PP2 stuff would probably end up being replaced (upgraded) in 5 years or whenever the car was paid off, but the digital gauge cluster and premium interior isn't really something that would be cost-effective to upgrade after purchase. But luckily, I have a pretty decent down payment going towards it (more than I expected when crunching the numbers last time), so I might be able to afford the PP2 premium. We'll see how the next month or so goes, I have until march to order my car

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
For someone like myself who is not in the "know", is it not okay for SCCA even if it is a factory installed piece or option?

standard part

An item of standard or optional equipment that could have been ordered with the car, installed on the factory production line, and delivered through a dealer in the United States. Port-installed options provided by the manufacturer are considered to be the same as those installed on the factory production line. Dealer-installed options or deletions (except as required by factory directives), no matter how common or what their origin, are not included in this definition. This definition does not allow the updating or backdating of parts.

If the part is not installed at the factory, or port, it's not a standard (legal) part. IIRC the original 1LE and similar Showroom Stock specials drove this rule. As they would come with special race parts, not suitable for street use in the trunk for the customer to install. Kind of like an add on spoiler/splitter that might scrape too much for street use (cough - PP2- cough).

Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
standard part

An item of standard or optional equipment that could have been ordered with the car, installed on the factory production line, and delivered through a dealer in the United States. Port-installed options provided by the manufacturer are considered to be the same as those installed on the factory production line. Dealer-installed options or deletions (except as required by factory directives), no matter how common or what their origin, are not included in this definition. This definition does not allow the updating or backdating of parts.
Bolded.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Now with GT4 Badging...

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
standard part

If the part is not installed at the factory, or port, it's not a standard (legal) part. IIRC the original 1LE and similar Showroom Stock specials drove this rule. As they would come with special race parts, not suitable for street use in the trunk for the customer to install. Kind of like an add on spoiler/splitter that might scrape too much for street use (cough - PP2- cough).
As Mach mentioned, it's a factory directive, so it would be legal (and like someone else mentioned earlier, the GT350 had no problem with this). This is more directed towards thing like, as you said, the early 1LEs with their "track use" kit, or like the Demon (god forbid it ever see a road race) with the Demon crate that has an upgraded ECU, skinny front wheels, etc. the splitter doesn't come seperate because it's not streetable, it comes seperate because it would be near impossible to ship the car without damaging it. To avoid that risk, they just have the dealer install it when it gets there

Prabzez_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
So I don't know if it has been mentioned before, and i'm sorry if it has, but does anyone know how Ford managed to fit and clear 305's on a 19x10.5" rim up front? Are the fenders different on the 2018 compared to 17', and/or is the strut tower pushed back further?

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing needs to be done, you just have to have the right offset. You can fit 11" wheels in the front if you have the right offset

Prabzez_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I can't find the offset numbers from a quick google search so Ford must not have released them yet, but if we were to guess would the fronts be around a 30?

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I love the new wheels, what would want me to switch out is the weight of the wheels. You can get wheels that size and offsets in the 25lb range, that being said I love the new look.