Sponsored

Has anyone upgraded whipple gen 2 to gen 3 yet?

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT
As title states, curious to hear driving impressions. I imagine with the more efficient rotors engine will turn easier which would mean better gas mileage as well as easier throttle? I may be way off base jist looking for honest initial first impressions.

Also, what is the smallest 10 rib pulley we can run with 20percent od without over spinning the gen3?
Sponsored

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
As title states, curious to hear driving impressions. I imagine with the more efficient rotors engine will turn easier which would mean better gas mileage as well as easier throttle? I may be way off base jist looking for honest initial first impressions.

Also, what is the smallest 10 rib pulley we can run with 20percent od without over spinning the gen3?
I have the Gen3/150mm throttle body on the way. I know a couple guys who have 2.75 pulley's on their Gen2 Whipple's with 20% lowers on...

OP
OP

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT
I have the Gen3/150mm throttle body on the way. I know a couple guys who have 2.75 pulley's on their Gen2 Whipple's with 20% lowers on...
I was running 3.0 pulley on gen2 and it was running out of steam. Whipple said the 2.75 would be over slimming three blower with some mid range gain and no high range gain over the 3.0

Im waiting on my stuff now so curious what to expect from people that have it together already
Sponsored