2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com 127 - Borla - 1
2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com
Homepage Wiki MOTM Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Ford Bronco Forum Calendar Garage


Go Back   2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com > 2015+ Ford Mustang Forum > Local Sections > Australia


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-22-2018, 06:21 AM   #151
V8KOOP
Member
 
V8KOOP's Avatar
 

Drives: GT Fastback Competition Orange manual
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Victoria
Posts: 53
Thanks: 56
Thanked: 92 Times in 21 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
I believe they are closer to $52k brand new in Vic. Anyone would be crazy to pay RRP for a 2018 model. Just wait for 6 months after release and the dealers will be giving them away again. So much for Ford having a Halo car! They have simply treated the Mustang like a commodity volume product. In the space of 12 months $75k down to $50k for a brand new Mustang.....
__________________
2016 GT Fastback Competition Orange Manual
V8KOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Users thanking this:
Old 01-22-2018, 09:01 PM   #152
Mick
Member
 

Drives: 15 GT vert
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 348
Thanks: 1
Thanked: 69 Times in 61 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8KOOP View Post
I believe they are closer to $52k brand new in Vic. Anyone would be crazy to pay RRP for a 2018 model. Just wait for 6 months after release and the dealers will be giving them away again. So much for Ford having a Halo car! They have simply treated the Mustang like a commodity volume product. In the space of 12 months $75k down to $50k for a brand new Mustang.....
So true. Ford have butchered Mustangs desirability and anyone paying anywhere near RRP for MY18 is shredding dosh.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Users thanking this:
Old 01-23-2018, 02:34 AM   #153
Ford 18
Member
 
Name: Bob
Drives: Mustang 2018 (ordered)
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 43
Thanks: 21
Thanked: 11 Times in 9 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
So true. Ford have butchered Mustangs desirability and anyone paying anywhere near RRP for MY18 is shredding dosh.
I never buy a car to make money but at the same time I don't go out of my way to lose money either.
If all of us who have ordered a 2018 back out when the price is finalised that will leave the dealers in a bad place.
Very short-sighted by Ford.
Problem is I would still prefer a 10 speed auto and Magneride
Ford 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 02:35 AM   #154
Budoy
Member
 

Drives: Lancer
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Newcastle NSW
Posts: 56
Thanks: 56
Thanked: 16 Times in 10 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
I'm seriously thinking of backing out now, maybe buy a car for the wife first, then get a Mustang when prices go low.
Budoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 05:21 AM   #155
Mick
Member
 

Drives: 15 GT vert
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 348
Thanks: 1
Thanked: 69 Times in 61 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
What ever the on road RRP (depending on state) is shown on Fords, build your car feature, for MY18, I would be at least looking for $5k of that. By the end of the year, discounting will be ripe again. Supply, won't be a problem this time round. 15000 Mustangs have been registered in 2years. That's about 600 a month. That's not sustainable for this type of car in AUS. They can't even sell that many Mondeo rep mobiles every month. Mustang sales are now in free fall. But Ford will keep em coming. Because, that's what Ford and other's like them do. Discount City round 2 is coming.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 06:02 AM   #156
Budoy
Member
 

Drives: Lancer
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Newcastle NSW
Posts: 56
Thanks: 56
Thanked: 16 Times in 10 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
So maybe end of the year it would be feasible to get an my18 gt a10 with magnaride for around 65k?
Budoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 06:47 AM   #157
Mick
Member
 

Drives: 15 GT vert
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 348
Thanks: 1
Thanked: 69 Times in 61 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budoy View Post
So maybe end of the year it would be feasible to get an my18 gt a10 with magnaride for around 65k?
With Fords mandatory discounting and end of the year sales, somewhere near $60k would have to be possible for an Auto GT. Not sure about the Magnaride though.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Users thanking this:
Old 01-23-2018, 09:40 PM   #158
Melbnut
Member
 

Drives: Mustang gt
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Melbourne / Australia
Posts: 1,199
Thanks: 73
Thanked: 662 Times in 391 Posts
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
With Fords mandatory discounting and end of the year sales, somewhere near $60k would have to be possible for an Auto GT. Not sure about the Magnaride though.
given dealers are quoting high 70's low 80's for a auto gt with magnaride i seriously dont see a close to 20k discount within 6 months of the model launching.

if the car is 70k then maybe you will get it for low 60's
__________________
2016 Race Red Mustang GT (sold)

Melbnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 10:13 PM   #159
Mick
Member
 

Drives: 15 GT vert
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 348
Thanks: 1
Thanked: 69 Times in 61 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbnut View Post
given dealers are quoting high 70's low 80's for a auto gt with magnaride i seriously dont see a close to 20k discount within 6 months of the model launching.

if the car is 70k then maybe you will get it for low 60's
Given the price you can get a GT coupe for now, do you seriously think that many people will pay much over $70k for a base GT coupe? I'm not talking with option's, that we didn't have before. If your talking high 70's for a coupe, that means mid 80's for a vert. Ford might as well stop RHD production at that price point. Suicide mission. I don't think so.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Users thanking this:
Old 01-23-2018, 11:11 PM   #160
King3o0o
Member
 

Drives: Mustang
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Sydney
Posts: 118
Thanks: 37
Thanked: 23 Times in 19 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Given the price you can get a GT coupe for now, do you seriously think that many people will pay much over $70k for a base GT coupe? I'm not talking with option's, that we didn't have before. If your talking high 70's for a coupe, that means mid 80's for a vert. Ford might as well stop RHD production at that price point. Suicide mission. I don't think so.
better believe ?? haha camaro is 90k. ford aus gonna say its still 10k cheaper.

dealers was selling 15-17 for 70k, i have seen 80k when the queue was 9 months. so its possible
King3o0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 11:23 PM   #161
Mick
Member
 

Drives: 15 GT vert
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 348
Thanks: 1
Thanked: 69 Times in 61 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by King3o0o View Post
better believe ?? haha camaro is 90k. ford aus gonna say its still 10k cheaper.

dealers was selling 15-17 for 70k, i have seen 80k when the queue was 9 months. so its possible
Camaro is a low volume, high price, non factory RHD car, for GM die hards I guess. Mustang needs a reasonable volume, to keep the RHD program viable. A large part of Mustangs sales success, has been it's reasonable pricing. The novelty factor of being the first RHD Mustang, is well and truly over.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 12:33 AM   #162
dddd
Member
 

Drives: XR6T
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 44
Thanks: 12
Thanked: 9 Times in 5 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Camaro is a low volume, high price, non factory RHD car, for GM die hards I guess. Mustang needs a reasonable volume, to keep the RHD program viable. A large part of Mustangs sales success, has been it's reasonable pricing. The novelty factor of being the first RHD Mustang, is well and truly over.
I agree with this, also consider the continued slow weakening of the US dollar and Im not expecting much of a price incease at all.
But the dealers still have a lot of 2017 stock to shift so you can expect them to continue to warn of large increases on 2018 models
dddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 12:45 AM   #163
Mick
Member
 

Drives: 15 GT vert
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 348
Thanks: 1
Thanked: 69 Times in 61 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddd View Post
I agree with this, also consider the continued slow weakening of the US dollar and Im not expecting much of a price incease at all.
But the dealers still have a lot of 2017 stock to shift so you can expect them to continue to warn of large increases on 2018 models
Current base GT auto is $65ish RRP on road. But street price is more like $55k. New one will probably come in at $68-$70K +options. But it is a better car with more stuff, even in base trim. Base My18, will become a low to mid 60's, (street price) car.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 03:02 AM   #164
dddd
Member
 

Drives: XR6T
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 44
Thanks: 12
Thanked: 9 Times in 5 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Current base GT auto is $65ish RRP on road. But street price is more like $55k. New one will probably come in at $68-$70K +options. But it is a better car with more stuff, even in base trim. Base My18, will become a low to mid 60's, (street price) car.
Overall Im guessing a $2000 to $3000 max increase on base car.
optons that we have never had before will drive up prices from there
dddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 06:17 AM   #165
Melbnut
Member
 

Drives: Mustang gt
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Melbourne / Australia
Posts: 1,199
Thanks: 73
Thanked: 662 Times in 391 Posts
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Given the price you can get a GT coupe for now, do you seriously think that many people will pay much over $70k for a base GT coupe? I'm not talking with option's, that we didn't have before. If your talking high 70's for a coupe, that means mid 80's for a vert. Ford might as well stop RHD production at that price point. Suicide mission. I don't think so.
No i dont think many people will just jump and pay it (myself included). But i am sure ford is stupid enough to think they can charge upwards of 75k on road for an auto gt with magnaride. I expect the car to be well over 70k which is downright stupid.
__________________
2016 Race Red Mustang GT (sold)

Melbnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2018 Mustang GT release date in Canada? 99problems Order | Price | Tracking 1 08-10-2017 07:49 PM
2018 specs, options, ordering date jimmbbo Mustang S550 General Forums 1 06-30-2017 01:15 PM
2018 stang order banks opening soon,who is definitely gonna order? Dominant1 Mustang S550 General Forums 43 04-21-2017 12:56 PM
Order Date / Delivery Date Spreadsheet? bobpies United Kingdom 237 12-24-2016 07:16 PM
Order date and received date Voodooo Shelby GT350 Mustang 50 12-01-2015 12:54 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.2.4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.