2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com 125 - Nemesis UK - 1
2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com
Homepage Wiki MOTM Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Ford Bronco Forum Calendar Garage


Go Back   2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, Ecoboost) - Mustang6G.com > 2015+ Ford Mustang Forum > Shelby GT350 Mustang

Shelby GT350 Mustang Discussions of the 2015+ Shelby GT350 and GT350R Mustang


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-20-2017, 12:41 AM   #1
honeybadger
Just don't care
 
honeybadger's Avatar
 
Name: Kevin
Drives: '17 GT350, '17 Raptor
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Seattle Area
Posts: 562
Thanks: 392
Thanked: 422 Times in 194 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Honey Badger's GT350 Adventures

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd create a fun thread to share my GT350 adventures. As time goes by, I'm hoping to update with videos, pictures and text as we find new roads, take road trips, install mods, and start driving on the track.

My wife and I both thought one of the really parts of our parents' lives was how they came of age in the height of the American car scene. Whether it was one them specifically or one of our family friends, we grew up listening to them recount cherished memories that included iconic American automobiles - Mustangs, Camaro's, Buicks, etc...in the form of road trips, fun roads, hot rod-ing, or racing their friends. A few of them, they still have these cars (my father, for example, still has his '71 Plymouth Road Runner and his '61 Ford Custom). We always thought it was so cool to see something so important to them be carried on through the family.

My wife and I decided we wanted to get our own special car and make tons of those cherished memories in it as well. After a year of searching and test driving, the GT350 was the easy choice. It took a year, but we finally picked it up in October '16.

We've had a few small adventures since then, but the first real one starts on Saturday as we drive it from Seattle, WA down Highway 101 to San Diego. For our delayed honeymoon, we are taking a 14 day Pacific Coast road trip. We are pretty excited. We'll be spending a few days each in San Francisco, Santa Barbara, LA/Santa Monica, and San Diego along with a few random days in between those areas. If any of you have any recommended driving roads, places to visit or want to meet up for beers/cruise, let me know. Would love to have local knowledge and meet some fellow members.

honeybadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 12:52 AM   #2
Bosshog
Member
 
Bosshog's Avatar
 
Name: J-RO
Drives: 17' 350R // 16' FOCUS RS
Join Date: May 2015
Location: SEATTLE
Posts: 346
Thanks: 279
Thanked: 295 Times in 149 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
How are the roads? I remember driving my Boss from Sacramento to Seattle and having some snow flurries to deal with!
__________________
B o s s h o G
Bosshog is offline   Reply With Quote
Users thanking this:
Old 01-20-2017, 01:20 AM   #3
honeybadger
Just don't care
 
honeybadger's Avatar
 
Name: Kevin
Drives: '17 GT350, '17 Raptor
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Seattle Area
Posts: 562
Thanks: 392
Thanked: 422 Times in 194 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosshog View Post
How are the roads? I remember driving my Boss from Sacramento to Seattle and having some snow flurries to deal with!
We *should* be okay. We are planning on driving along the coast where it's 10-15 degrees warmer -- which looks to be mid-40s at the moment.

Hoping to stay off 5 as we've done that a couple of times already. Plus, we want to avoid the mountain passes because of the salt as well.

On a side note: we have to meet up and go for a drive man!
honeybadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 01:28 AM   #4
50 Deep
Jockin Shelby GT350's
 

Drives: Just a 16 Shelby GT350
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 1,703
Thanks: 1,034
Thanked: 1,451 Times in 625 Posts
Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Good luck on the journey. Sacramento is a little far from 101, but if you stop through send me a PM.

Highway 101 is a great road and it should take you through all the good scenery. Some of the Redwood trails in Humboldt are truly amazing for a short hike if weather permits. Highway 299 is closed last I checked due to a rock slide.
__________________
Signature Wheels Representative
GT350 Build Thread: The Force Is Strong R With This One
Instagram: @Hansologt350
Sponsored by:MGW Shifters / Caliperfexion / ZL1 Addons / Carbon2Carbon / PositiveGMotorworks/Signature Wheels / Elk Grove Ford /Imperial Works

ZL1 Addons 5% Discount Code: Hansologt350
50 Deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 01:32 AM   #5
CSL
Member
 
CSL's Avatar
 

Drives: 16 GT350
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 647
Thanks: 161
Thanked: 288 Times in 193 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Try to avoid the Siskyou's this time of year. Have a great time. We should get a rally together for all of us northwest folk this summer. Lots of great roads and terrain to explore! Hwy 20 over to Chelan sounds attractive to me.
CSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Users thanking this:
Old 01-20-2017, 08:06 AM   #6
TDC
Member
 
TDC's Avatar
 

Drives: GT350
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Long Island
Posts: 1,676
Thanks: 1,777
Thanked: 777 Times in 508 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
When you're around San Fran go check out Muir Woods (coastal redwood forest). There's an easy foot path through the woods and some nice views to and from there.
__________________
2016 GT350. White w/Blue OTT stripes. Tech
TDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Users thanking this:
Old 01-20-2017, 08:14 AM   #7
El Diablo
Made in USA
 
El Diablo's Avatar
 

Drives: 2017 GT350
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Vegas Baby
Posts: 177
Thanks: 101
Thanked: 129 Times in 61 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Awesome... can't wait for the pics/vids.
__________________
2017 Shelby GT350 - Shadow Black | Convenience Package | XPEL Ultimate | Ceramic PRO | Tints | FP Oil Separator
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 12:57 PM   #8
Bosshog
Member
 
Bosshog's Avatar
 
Name: J-RO
Drives: 17' 350R // 16' FOCUS RS
Join Date: May 2015
Location: SEATTLE
Posts: 346
Thanks: 279
Thanked: 295 Times in 149 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL View Post
Try to avoid the Siskyou's this time of year. Have a great time. We should get a rally together for all of us northwest folk this summer. Lots of great roads and terrain to explore! Hwy 20 over to Chelan sounds attractive to me.
This I am TOTALLY DOWN FOR!!
__________________
B o s s h o G
Bosshog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 04:29 AM   #9
honeybadger
Just don't care
 
honeybadger's Avatar
 
Name: Kevin
Drives: '17 GT350, '17 Raptor
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Seattle Area
Posts: 562
Thanks: 392
Thanked: 422 Times in 194 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL View Post
Try to avoid the Siskyou's this time of year. Have a great time. We should get a rally together for all of us northwest folk this summer. Lots of great roads and terrain to explore! Hwy 20 over to Chelan sounds attractive to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosshog View Post
This I am TOTALLY DOWN FOR!!
Let's do it. Have you checked some of the roads around Mt. Rainier national park? Some great roads there too. Although the speeds are a bit lower.
honeybadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Users thanking this:
Old 01-21-2017, 01:13 PM   #10
ghig302
Member
 

Drives: Boss
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Temecula
Posts: 339
Thanks: 24
Thanked: 119 Times in 79 Posts
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
When you are in San Diego or LA, see if there is a Mustang run. I have been on several, and they are always fun...
ghig302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 02:54 PM   #11
04Terminator
Member
 
Name: Cindy
Drives: GT350; 04 Cobra (sold)
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Humboldt County CA
Posts: 538
Thanks: 346
Thanked: 226 Times in 140 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybadger View Post
Hi everyone,

I thought I'd create a fun thread to share my GT350 adventures. As time goes by, I'm hoping to update with videos, pictures and text as we find new roads, take road trips, install mods, and start driving on the track.

My wife and I both thought one of the really parts of our parents' lives was how they came of age in the height of the American car scene. Whether it was one them specifically or one of our family friends, we grew up listening to them recount cherished memories that included iconic American automobiles - Mustangs, Camaro's, Buicks, etc...in the form of road trips, fun roads, hot rod-ing, or racing their friends. A few of them, they still have these cars (my father, for example, still has his '71 Plymouth Road Runner and his '61 Ford Custom). We always thought it was so cool to see something so important to them be carried on through the family.

My wife and I decided we wanted to get our own special car and make tons of those cherished memories in it as well. After a year of searching and test driving, the GT350 was the easy choice. It took a year, but we finally picked it up in October '16.

We've had a few small adventures since then, but the first real one starts on Saturday as we drive it from Seattle, WA down Highway 101 to San Diego. For our delayed honeymoon, we are taking a 14 day Pacific Coast road trip. We are pretty excited. We'll be spending a few days each in San Francisco, Santa Barbara, LA/Santa Monica, and San Diego along with a few random days in between those areas. If any of you have any recommended driving roads, places to visit or want to meet up for beers/cruise, let me know. Would love to have local knowledge and meet some fellow members.

Let me know when you're passing through Eureka. Would love to see Ruby Red in person.
04Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Users thanking this:
Old 01-23-2017, 12:24 AM   #12
honeybadger
Just don't care
 
honeybadger's Avatar
 
Name: Kevin
Drives: '17 GT350, '17 Raptor
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Seattle Area
Posts: 562
Thanks: 392
Thanked: 422 Times in 194 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghig302 View Post
When you are in San Diego or LA, see if there is a Mustang run. I have been on several, and they are always fun...
Nice! How do I find them? Here on 6G?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Terminator View Post
Let me know when you're passing through Eureka. Would love to see Ruby Red in person.
Will do! Because of the weather, we ended up driving down i5 to make time. Planning on driving 101 back up. Will let you know the specifics as we get closer!
honeybadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Users thanking this:
Old 01-23-2017, 12:56 AM   #13
honeybadger
Just don't care
 
honeybadger's Avatar
 
Name: Kevin
Drives: '17 GT350, '17 Raptor
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Seattle Area
Posts: 562
Thanks: 392
Thanked: 422 Times in 194 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Today I met up with fellow 6G members 50 deep and straightliner1.

Was awesome to meet you guys and get the 350s together. 50 Deep even convinced Straightliner1 to bring his Grabber R out in the rain. The other guys will post better photos since they know what they were doing. The wife unit is in charge of the DSLR usually







Off to San Francisco tomorrow!
honeybadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 02:20 AM   #14
50 Deep
Jockin Shelby GT350's
 

Drives: Just a 16 Shelby GT350
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 1,703
Thanks: 1,034
Thanked: 1,451 Times in 625 Posts
Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
It was a pleasure meeting up with you brother. My son had a good time and fell asleep in the car on the way home. That Ruby Red looks damn good in person. Even I was surprised @straightliner1 brought the R out. I just love to stare at that thing.

Here are a few of the pics I took. They are just ok.





By the way the place you want to check out is the old military bunkers in Sausalito, right after the golden gate bridge. The area is super cool for a short hike, overlooks the ocean, windy roads up and down the hillside, beach access, views of the golden gate bridge, and you get to go inside the bunkers. Check out this link

http://www.atlasobscura.com/places/m...es-and-bunkers
__________________
Signature Wheels Representative
GT350 Build Thread: The Force Is Strong R With This One
Instagram: @Hansologt350
Sponsored by:MGW Shifters / Caliperfexion / ZL1 Addons / Carbon2Carbon / PositiveGMotorworks/Signature Wheels / Elk Grove Ford /Imperial Works

ZL1 Addons 5% Discount Code: Hansologt350
50 Deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Users thanking this:
Old 01-23-2017, 10:11 AM   #15
Epiphany
Member
 

Drives: Quick
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Global
Posts: 2,314
Thanks: 1,046
Thanked: 2,757 Times in 1,149 Posts
Mentioned: 151 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Gonna be tough to see those wheels go T. They look damn good!
Epiphany is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GT 350 IM with 87mm GT350 TB, JDM harness and GT350 Brake vacuum hose steveespo V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes 8 11-29-2016 03:50 PM
Headers + GT350 CAI & GT350 Throttle Body Questions IvanCRF V8 5.0L Engine / Mods: Bolt-ons, Exhaust, Tuning 11 11-16-2016 12:00 PM
Tuning adventures of Falkkor DiEzel Forced Induction - 5.0L V8 Engine 7 06-20-2016 11:48 AM
Honey I strunk my Mustang... WaxDaddy United Kingdom 17 01-20-2016 02:32 AM
Bakerjd's Build Thread - Project Honey Badger bakerjd Members Mustang Journals / Projects 94 01-04-2016 11:00 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.2.4 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.