Sponsored

Clutch safety switch picture request

SubZombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP 401A
I was on a drive yesterday and did a stretch and knocked down the safety switch behind the clutch. I looked under there for a bit and I can't quite tell where it was mounted.

Can someone with a 15-17 6 speed take a picture of the switch behind the clutch for me so I can see where it is supposed to be? (I tried searching images but can't seem to find a good image) Would be GREATLY appreciated!
Sponsored

OP
OP

SubZombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP 401A
Did you figure it out or are you still needing a pic
Nope lol haven’t had time been reaching down and holding it to start. A picture would be greatly appreciated!

JackBauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic base GT 6SP
believe the switch is this 1. (clutch pedal is almost fully depressed here)
clutchswitch.jpg

Sponsored

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Happened to me today driving to my soccer game. Tried to extend my left leg a bit and heard a pop and felt something fall to the floor. well after my game I realized when the car wouldn't start. The switch broke apart, the spring inside and cup broke apart as did the plastic casing in 2 pieces. Tried jumpering the pins no luck, ended up figuring out the reassembly and taped the unit together and plugged it back in. Still couldn't get it to start until multiple clutch presses while holding the start button and it fired. Looking to replace it tomorrow. Just thought I would share :cheers:

Cloak

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
I was sitting in my 2018, updating my sync3 software. I reached up with my bare feet and pushed this switch in. I noticed that when I depress the switch, the start/stop button green light turned on. I then depressed the clutch and tried to start the car and it would not work. I literally have to press the switch with my left foot, while depressing the clutch withmy
Right foot to be able to start the car. I got under the dash and found the switch isn’t being pressed down enough with clutch to allow the car to start. Did I break my clutch safety switch by depressing it without depressing clutch???

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I was sitting in my 2018, updating my sync3 software. I reached up with my bare feet and pushed this switch in. I noticed that when I depress the switch, the start/stop button green light turned on. I then depressed the clutch and tried to start the car and it would not work. I literally have to press the switch with my left foot, while depressing the clutch withmy
Right foot to be able to start the car. I got under the dash and found the switch isn’t being pressed down enough with clutch to allow the car to start. Did I break my clutch safety switch by depressing it without depressing clutch???
The plunger actually adjusts . So looks like you may have pushed it in too far and now the pedal isn’t pushing it in. Reach down, pull the plunger piece out all the way. Then press the pedal down to let it adjust where it needs to be.

Cloak

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The plunger actually adjusts . So looks like you may have pushed it in too far and now the pedal isn’t pushing it in. Reach down, pull the plunger piece out all the way. Then press the pedal down to let it adjust where it needs to be.
Hey thanks, I’ll give that a try! Was afraid I might brake it if i tried that!

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Hey thanks, I’ll give that a try! Was afraid I might brake it if i tried that!
Hope it works ! Mine broke and after I replaced it I didn’t realize it was normal until I got the new one. Should click as it pulls out to the extended position.

Sponsored

Cloak

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hope it works ! Mine broke and after I replaced it I didn’t realize it was normal until I got the new one. Should click as it pulls out to the extended position.
I pulled the switch out and tried to pull the plunger. It does not go any further out. I even opened the cover to look inside and it doesn’t look like there is anymore of it to be able to pull out. Here’s a picture of how it looks

COM8DKi.jpg

Cloak

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Never mind, I kept working at it, and it pulled out! I was scared I’d break it, but it just needs a swift yank.

Installed it back and heard the clutch push it down to adjust for correct height. It’s fixed, thanks for the help!!

1UAiE64.jpg

TonyTouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
This happened to me yesterday, and I am fumbling around like an idiot trying to put the clutch switch back into place, but I have no idea where to clamp it back to. How exactly should I reinstall this switch?

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
I popped that switch out twice too by accident, and the car wouldn't start. Crawl under there and plug it back in. It should be clear as to where the plug goes!

TonyTouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
That's the thing. The switch plugged in, I just don't know where it's supposed to be mounted and/or clipped in.
Sponsored