Broke the front mounts on my differential tonight at the track

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
I don't understand - why is this even available?? The car was designed with a one-piece d/s...and if it is defective or damaged they just order a new one (an exact duplicate) and bolt it in.

But this two-piece d/s is completely different! I'm trying to imagine the scenario that the design engineers could have predicted to make them say:

"Guys - we had better make available a two-piece d/s for this platform just in case..."

It's intriguing, but totally mystifying.

And BTW - how did you even discover that it was available??
Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I don't understand - why is this even available?? The car was designed with a one-piece d/s...and if it is defective or damaged they just order a new one (an exact duplicate) and bolt it in.

But this two-piece d/s is completely different! I'm trying to imagine the scenario that the design engineers could have predicted to make them say:

"Guys - we had better make available a two-piece d/s for this platform just in case..."

:confused::confused::confused:

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB

You're right. You don't understand. The car comes from the factory with a two piece driveshaft. Crawl under your car and take a look. You'll see a hanger in the middle with a bearing.

Watch the video here:

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/0...-GT-DynoTech-1-Piece-Alunimun-Driveshaft.html

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase

Both the Challenger and the Camaro both have 2 piece d/s, the thought being that in the event off a head on collision the 2 piece drive shaft is designed to break in half and not come thru the floor board and kill the driver. sort of the same as we do with one piece d/s and loops...so its a safety thing ...
Sponsored