Gt tunes...

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
Maybe I'm not seeing the posts, but I keep looking at the sites for hp numbers for gt cars. All I'm seeing are numbers for the ecoboost. Is it taking longer for the gt's for some reason. I'm making my list of items I want to buy as soon as I get a delivery date so just excited to see numbers on the gt's. I saw on car went 11.7's with rims and cai and a tune, but didn't see any dyno numbers.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
You have plenty of options for tuning on the Coyote engine. VMP, Lund, Rev Auto, JPC and many others.

OP
OP

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
Have there been any dyno numbers posted and I just missed the posts? I'm curious how much hp can be gained with tunes, cold air intakes and exhaust.

This is my first mustang since the fox bodies were still being sold so I'm excited to say the least.

Thanks

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
I actually haven't seen any numbers, I know Rev Auto already went 11's with just a JLT, Tune and tires.

pb1302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Tuners selling their stuff without HP numbers is weak sauce. Lethal has a kit...no numbers. Is it really that hard? I know tuning is a tough gig on new cars....but no numbers is silly. Take the time to develop something good. All these available parts and legendary tuners without a comprehensive package yet...lets go people.

Sponsored

OP
OP

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
Tuners selling their stuff without HP numbers is weak sauce. Lethal has a kit...no numbers. Is it really that hard? I know tuning is a tough gig on new cars....but no numbers is silly. Take the time to develop something good. All these available parts and legendary tuners without a comprehensive package yet...lets go people.

That's kind of how I feel. I feel at this point the v8 gt is the flagship mustang yet all I hear about (number wise) is the Eco boost. I get its a cool engine, and its similar to the old svo so I too am interested in numbers. I just wish the 5.0 would take priority so that when mine comes in I have a clear plan on what Im going to do. I have no idea if its possible, but low 11's on motor would be great as this car is a hold me over car till the gt500 replacement comes out.

No offense to the Eco boost guys as I think its a cool platform.

Cp

Kidd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/PP1 Rapid Red
Guys this is the same motor that debuted in 2011 but with beefier internals like the ones that came in the boss. All of the data that your looking for can be found over on S197forum.com if your not seeing it here.
The biggest reason your not seeing dyno #s and such is because frankly it's "old news" and the ecoboost is the new kid on the block. All the info that your looking for on the coyote motor is out there, just might have to look around the internet to find it.

Edit: a quick YouTube search produced this video. Note that this is right off the trailer so the numbers will probably be better from a car with a few thousand miles on it.
Stock 2015 Mustang GT Track and Dyno Numbers Revi…:

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Guys this is the same motor that debuted in 2011 but with beefier internals like the ones that came in the boss. All of the data that your looking for can be found over on S197forum.com if your not seeing it here.
The biggest reason your not seeing dyno #s and such is because frankly it's "old news" and the ecoboost is the new kid on the block. All the info that your looking for on the coyote motor is out there, just might have to look around the internet to find it.
You're right, except for the new cams, higher flowing heads, new intake manifold and exhaust system. so beyond those facts you're right motor is completely the same

JJ@WMS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
You're right, except for the new cams, higher flowing heads, new intake manifold and exhaust system. so beyond those facts you're right motor is completely the same
Both valid statements and both true however the first statement is a bit more accurate. There was no major re design of the Coyote, basically its more like a Boss engine with a few more ponies stock.

You will see tuned numbers on GT's very soon but all the emphasis is on the Eco because its new and the platform is proving to be popular. Even magazines said 6 months ago that they werent interested in who can be the first in the 12's, 11's and 10's because its pretty much been done before. What will more impressive then the tuning is who can run fast with the IRS and who develops what products to improve upon the IRS's problems at the track.

Over the weekend we had more attention given to our car at the racetrack then any other vendor on the midway and we were just displaying the car. I answered hundreds of questions about it especially ones geared towards the powertrain. The Eco is new so its exciting and people want to know about it.

Tuning the Coyote has been around a few years so with the exception of getting used to the new calibration it should be pretty straight forward. We have tuned hundreds of the 11-14's and still hold the stick bolt on record. Its a great engine and provides plenty of power with a few mods. :headbang: This new one should be no different.

JJ

Kidd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/PP1 Rapid Red
"Beefier boss internals" was intended to cover that stuff in a condensed way for this thread but tuche sir, those are some of the technical differences in the motors.

Sponsored
OP
OP

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
I appreciate the info, but I've looked at the older cars for I do on tunes and I'm aware there are many tunes available. I was just unsure if the changes made on the 2015 would make more or less difference in power. Im assuming with the new cams and better flowing heads and bottled up exhaust we can expect to see good gains from exhaust and tunes. I am extremely out of touch with what the mustang is capable of these days. When I saw one of the cars on here went 11.8's with only rims and tires and a tune that is mind blowing to me when I've seen videos of these cars going 12.8-13.1 stock.

I look forward to those who will be working with the gt mustangs and see what comes from them.

Cp

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda will have tunes sooner rather later.

Tuning takes time & we may not be first to the market ... but we will be one of the safest, most reliable & powerful tunes on the market.

Best Regards,

TJ

Pie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0

Tuning takes time & we may not be first to the market ... but we will be one of the safest, most reliable & powerful tunes on the market.

Best Regards,

TJ
I think most vendors just got their hands on these cars so it'll take some time for them to develop something. I'am actually surprised how fast and how many vendors are putting out products for this car so quickly

dcrypter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT

Best Regards,

TJ
I can't wait till you release a suspension package for the '15, we know it needs it!

Kidd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/PP1 Rapid Red
I appreciate the info, but I've looked at the older cars for I do on tunes and I'm aware there are many tunes available. I was just unsure if the changes made on the 2015 would make more or less difference in power. Im assuming with the new cams and better flowing heads and bottled up exhaust we can expect to see good gains from exhaust and tunes. I am extremely out of touch with what the mustang is capable of these days. When I saw one of the cars on here went 11.8's with only rims and tires and a tune that is mind blowing to me when I've seen videos of these cars going 12.8-13.1 stock.

I look forward to those who will be working with the gt mustangs and see what comes from them.

Cp
I definitely think the after market will be able to extract a few more ponies from this updated 5.0 but I'd guess that gain percentages will be on par with the boss. If the 11.8 car your referring to was the .99 challenge car bare in mind that car also had frpp half shafts, cradle and "experimental exhaust" which was probably dumped longtubes. The motor its self is definitely capable of those times with minimal mods in a live axle car but nobody really knows what the limits of this irs is yet so I wouldn't count on any safe 4k rpm launches until it's proven. Not trying to be negative nelly just playing devils advocate lol
Sponsored