Sponsored

GT350 FORScan Tweaks

bmarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Shelby GT350
Last year I used Forscan to activate my trans temp gauge. I now want to activate my diff temp gauge. I know the licensing is time limited, so my license has expired. Must I download the software again or is there a way to just renew the license ?

bmarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Shelby GT350
Have not done the wiring yet but got all the supplied and several have successfully done it already. My local dealer had the pigtail and the sensor in stock ! They must be used for lots of apps. In any case, a full description of what you need and how to do it is in the GT350 thread “OEM Diffetential Cooler Install”, start about page 8 or 9. You do not hsve to do the cooler to get this to work. You do not even need the harness that has the wiring for the cooler pump and diff sensor. Two 20 gauge wires run from the sensor to a plug in the driver’s side kick panel. The Tech Pack diff cover already has the threaded boss for the sensor, so it is really a piece of cake. See rb92gt’s disgram at 176 in that thread, you only need to do the two wires that run from the diff sensor to the c264 connector in the diagram. But you need to have a laptop with bluetooth and the Forscan software loaded (and a license to use it - all free). Directions for this are detailed earlier in this thread. Great summary of the Forscan stuff at #375 in this thread.

Sponsored

shelbygt53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
This is prob the wrong thread but needed some help. I upgraded my GT to GT350r steering wheels, I noticed the buttons are arranged different than before. Is there anyway I can reprogram that with forscan so I'll know what button I'm pushing? Any help would be great

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Has turning off the airbag light been found? Instead of installing a resistor for aftermarket seats.

How about the seatbelt light?

reef_guru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 gt350
from page 2: mike02z, lemers, mattlqx, epiphany.

in regards to changing tire size from 305/35 to 325/30.

i went to the local ford dealer today and spoke with the service manager. according to him, if the forescan/mx speedo code change was done by me and not by them, and then entered into the computer on his desk, it voids the warranty. his reasoning is because it directly effects the mileage which is part of the warranties limit. he has no problem doing it for me. but he recommended the rubber be put on else where cuz his mechanics are brutal and will prob scratch the rims.

with that i will be taking the r spec wheels with 325/30 and 305/30 to discount tire to be mounted then dropping them off at the dealer with the car so they can put on the new wheels and re-program the speedo while its in the air. this way the mileage will not be effected.

i dont know about the service managers elsewhere, but im not taking that chance if something goes wrong in the future.

EastTNMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 3
from page 2: mike02z, lemers, mattlqx, epiphany.

in regards to changing tire size from 305/35 to 325/30.

i went to the local ford dealer today and spoke with the service manager. according to him, if the forescan/mx speedo code change was done by me and not by them, and then entered into the computer on his desk, it voids the warranty. his reasoning is because it directly effects the mileage which is part of the warranties limit. he has no problem doing it for me. but he recommended the rubber be put on else where cuz his mechanics are brutal and will prob scratch the rims.

with that i will be taking the r spec wheels with 325/30 and 305/30 to discount tire to be mounted then dropping them off at the dealer with the car so they can put on the new wheels and re-program the speedo while its in the air. this way the mileage will not be effected.

i dont know about the service managers elsewhere, but im not taking that chance if something goes wrong in the future.
Wow...that sounds like it would have to be a dealer looking pretty hard to find a reason to deny a warranty claim...and then prove/calculate what the difference is/was. Easy to fix...set the original code back into the module before you take the car to the dealer.

And it sounds like your Service Manager is not very good...he knows his mechanics are brutal, yet doesn’t correct that kind of work?

Last edited:

Sponsored

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
Wow...that sounds like it would have to be a dealer looking pretty hard to find a reason to deny a warranty claim...and then prove/calculate what the difference is/was. Easy to fix...set the original code back into the module before you take the car to the dealer.

And it sounds like your Service Manager is not very good...he knows his mechanics are brutal, yet doesn’t correct that kind of work?
Exactly. Sounds like it's time to find another dealer.

reef_guru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 gt350
im not sticking up for him by any means, but he did say they are more mechanical than tire changers. it basically boils down to this, if its not in their data base something changed that they didnt do, it voids the warranty. btw easttnmsng hows the knox area, im retiring soon and am looking at tn. any thoughts.

EastTNMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 3
[MENTION=33344]reef_guru[/MENTION] I retired 8 years ago and after doing some research for cost of living, weather, etc., I'm totally happy with our decision to move to Knoxville. Easy access to most areas East of the Mississippi. I have family in Illinois, Florida, and NC...so easy for us to drive/visit all...close, but not too close ;)

EastTNMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 3
Please check out the spreadsheet on page 1 of this thread:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98260

I'm trying to collect all of the FORScan codes on one spreadsheet (similar to what the F-150 folks have done.) If you have codes that are verified to work on your 350s, please let me know and I'll add it to the sheet.

Thanks.

bmarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Shelby GT350
In the past, I used Forscan and the MDX OBDLink to turn on my trans diff temp gauge. Getting ready to wire up the diff sensor (have not done this yet) but I had some time so I thought I would turn on the diff gauge, figure it would show no value until I got it wired. Using the same laptop and BT adapter, got paired, started Forscan, got in to the IPC module, changed the code (just the digits/letters that needed changing), hit "write". The procedure starts but then I get notification that it has been interrupted, says "this adapter has canbus compatability problems". Anyone able to help a computer challenged guy out ?
Sponsored