Sponsored

GT350 FORScan Tweaks

arsenalrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Can my KIWI3 OBD reader do the same ?
you need an adapter that read MS-CAN, most cheap ELM327 adapters only reads HS-CAN bus which only gives you 4 modules.

The IPC module MattLQX showed us will require an adapter that reads MS-CAN bus.
Sponsored

arsenalrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Matt, interesting to see the guy in your link able to turn on an engine hour meter. Have you looked at that?
This is a non-starter. The length of that address on the Taurus is different than on the Mustang. The bits that pointed out to be for the engine timer are the checksum on our cars. Different module software unfortunately.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I can help a bit, the short version is

step 1. buy an adapter that reads MS-CAN bus
step 2. download forscan http://forscan.org/download.html
step 3. sign up for forum http://forscan.org/forum/ucp.php?mode=register
step 4. wait for email then register your forscan so you can edit values
step 5. follow this very post special thanks to OP and Mattqlx
Step 1 :thumbsup: Delivery guarantee by 8/17/16
Step 2 :thumbsup: Kinda useless until you can register
Step 3 :thumbsup: Waiting on reply....
Step 4 :hitcomputer:
Step 5 :headbang: can and will do.
If not posted beforehand, I will have a pic of a tech pack display w trans temp by 8/18/18.

Thanks to the collective for information shared:cheers:

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
If not posted beforehand, I will have a pic of a tech pack display w trans temp by 8/18/18.

Thanks to the collective for information shared:cheers:
Ain't it great?

:cheers:

Socal350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryant
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2008 Mustang GT
So it turns out I was 100% correct. The second value of 720-06-01 does control the display of those two line items.

So without further ado...

Code:
Address 720-06-01

No Axle or Trans Display    7F6D 0664 9E22
Axle Oil Display            7F6D 1664 9E32
Trans Oil Display           7F6D 8664 9EA2
Both Axle and Trans Display 7F6D 9664 9EB2

Alright guys, there's some good news and some bad news but we're making progress :thumbsup:

I just received my OBDLink MX today and began playing around with the settings like Epiphany and Mattlqx. Using the information Matt provided, I updated the Transmission Oil and Differential/Axle Oil temperature configuration (Address 720-06-01) in my As Built file (Tech Package) using ForScan.

After making those changes I was able to display both oil temperatures (transmission and differential) in my tech package, however the differential output shows up completely blank when you check under the Gauge Detail menu in the car.

Any thoughts on this?
IMG_2879bck.JPG

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Alright guys, there's some good news and some bad news but we're making progress :thumbsup:

I just received my OBDLink MX today and began playing around with the settings like Epiphany and Mattlqx. Using the information Matt provided, I updated the Transmission Oil and Differential/Axle Oil temperature configuration (Address 720-06-01) in my As Built file (Tech Package) using ForScan.

After making those changes I was able to display both oil temperatures (transmission and differential) in my tech package, however the differential output shows up completely blank when you check under the Gauge Detail menu in the car.

Any thoughts on this?
Maybe Tech's don't have the sensor

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS

Any thoughts on this?
Awesome news on the Trans Temp display!!!

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853

Any thoughts on this?
Congratulations Socal. You win the prize!!! That's awesome. No added gauges to add, nothing to wire....Freaking A that's cool. There is no bad news....
No Diff temp is because tech packs do not have diff temp sensors in them....I understand there's a spot in the casting to drill one however I do not know if anyone has posted how to wire it to the 350.
For a cleaner display, I would use the trans temp setting only per Matt's advice:
Trans Oil Display 7F6D 8664 9EA2

Edit: Techs have the socket for the diff temp sensor pre-drilled.

Last edited:

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Maybe Tech's don't have the sensor
lol, they definitely do not have a diff sensor. This has been known for a long time, you can just look under your rear end and see.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350

Any thoughts on this?
Sorry for sounding stupid, but how do you access that gauge detail screen i'm seeing in your pic ? :shrug:
Sponsored