Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
How about a setting to monitor Trans temp? If you already have it (track or R), is there a setting to turn it off? Conversely, if you have a base/tech, can you turn it on?
Against all good sense, is there a way to disable limp mode for base/tech, so it can complete a 30 min session?
Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Awesome. Thanks for passing the information along. I will have to do some more research but this is purchase I may be making the near future.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Sounds like you hit the jackpot Epiphany, keep us updated!

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
Epiphany...I fucking love you. I've had the MX for a while but I've only used it with the OBDII Link app it came bundled with. I'll have to get FORSCAN for sure. This is amazing. Do you have a link to that Google Doc?

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
How about a setting to monitor Trans temp? If you already have it (track or R), is there a setting to turn it off? Conversely, if you have a base/tech, can you turn it on?
There is certainly some sort of toggle for this. They don't have separate flashes for the different cars, they just config the modules differently. Somebody just needs to poke around enough to find it.

Sponsored

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
I had the LX but looks like I need to return that and pick up the MX and Forscan.

I do have one question, will these changes be seen by Ford? Does it increase the Flash count? I simply cannot give up my PT warranty so I want to be sure before pulling the trigger.

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
Where does one get these cool bits of technology anyway?

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I had the LX but looks like I need to return that and pick up the MX and Forscan.

I do have one question, will these changes be seen by Ford? Does it increase the Flash count? I simply cannot give up my PT warranty so I want to be sure before pulling the trigger.
Yes, how does this affect the warranty? Good question.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
You're just changing the NVRAM configuration, not the flash itself. Any shop with IDS can do this or, on a budget, this software and an OBDII interface. It shouldn't affect warranty at all. All of these variables are software parameters that Ford themselves have built-in.

Sponsored

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
You're just changing the NVRAM configuration, not the flash itself. Any shop with IDS can do this or, on a budget, this software and an OBDII interface. It shouldn't affect warranty at all. All of these variables are software parameters that Ford themselves have built-in.
Thanks so much Matt!

For the person who asked where to get the OBD2 MX, Amazon is where I just ordered mine. Love same day delivery! I also downloaded Forscan. It will work for 2 months without a license.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
There is certainly some sort of toggle for this. They don't have separate flashes for the different cars, they just config the modules differently. Somebody just needs to poke around enough to find it.
I agree! There's something telling it to go into limp mode. I've seen screen shots of the '17s w trans temp displayed.

If it's there, this would be the cleanest, cheapest way to monitor.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
We are going to need a complete guide on this. Wish I was with my car.

arsenalrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
i just did a comparison of a tech pack vs. track pack build file, here are some of the Modules that only exist on track pack

<BCE_MODULE>
+ <DATA LABEL='7A5-01-01'>
+ <DATA LABEL='7A5-01-02'>
+ <DATA LABEL='7A5-02-01'>
+ <DATA LABEL='7A5-03-01'>

+ <DATA LABEL='701-01-01'>

trying to find the module that displays the tranny temp

build file can be downloaded here
https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt/

update1: looks like those are for 4.3'' displays on the track pack, which makes sense.

anyone know the part # for tranny temp sensor? looks like both track and tech pack will have that sensor, maybe the value of that module is different.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Rear Defrost and Rear Diff Temp??

Whats the name of the sound pipe module/functionality, and was it enabled or disabled?
I noted that the rear defrost was shown as disabled but in reality it is not. My friend Chris said the F150 community has noticed and commented the same. I don't know why that parameter is shown that way. As far as the artificial sound, I didn't delve any further and just happened to see mention of it. Next time...

Sounds like you hit the jackpot Epiphany, keep us updated!
The Track Key listing has me intrigued. I assume that when FR releases it there will be a flash file forwarded to you. If that were the case, I don't see why you would need to activate the parameter I saw but maybe you do. I don't expect clarity on the matter but am going to ask for any details on it.

Epiphany...I fucking love you. I've had the MX for a while but I've only used it with the OBDII Link app it came bundled with. I'll have to get FORSCAN for sure. This is amazing. Do you have a link to that Google Doc?
Here is a link to the Google spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uDSQ1Z5a2Wt8-kjrSiVSlDFGFHnfeuhb3RTMVz95730/edit#gid=0

And while it is F150 based, here is the thread at the F150 forums that got the ball rolling. Lots of information there.

http://www.f150forum.com/f118/forscan-software-enable-disable-features-your-truck-348987/

Yup. Hopefully this thread triggers that and more here in the GT350 community!

That is my understanding as well. There isn't a counter for config changes, meaning you can change them and change them back (in a matter of seconds once hooked up) without detection.

Thanks. It was late when I posted and I neglected to be as thorough as I should have been. I appreciate the legwork.

For the person who asked where to get the OBD2 MX, Amazon is where I just ordered mine. Love same day delivery! I also downloaded Forscan. It will work for 2 months without a license.
My friend Chris said something about the program being free if downloaded via Windows vs an app but he may not have been speaking about the licensing. I'll ask as he has been buried in all of this for months now.
Sponsored