Sponsored

2019 GT500 Caught Benchmarking Porsche 911 GT3

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Did you read the articles or watch the YouTube video? It's not an electric SC. It's essentially a centrifugal SC with variable boost.
I did not.
Like what Procharger did with one of their kits when you can adjust boost levels?
Sponsored

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
No way man, if it's got a transmission, it's gotta be manual for me. BS... that CVT garbage.

:cheers:

Sponsored

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
I did not.
Like what Procharger did with one of their kits when you can adjust boost levels?
You should read it, really good info and could take SC to the next level. I believe Procharger's adjust only per the tune you select. This is variable by the RPM. Which I think would be perfect for these american V8's that make a ton of power/torque down low already in NA form. Sometimes I think that's a flaw for roots SC, they make so much power down low in 1st and 2nd gear it just blows the tires off. If I read it right the computer could control boost through the RPM and I think per gear. So you could have it making lower boost in first but build up through the RPM then max boost around 3rd gear when you know you should have traction.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
You should read it, really good info and could take SC to the next level. I believe Procharger's adjust only per the tune you select. This is variable by the RPM. Which I think would be perfect for these american V8's that make a ton of power/torque down low already in NA form. Sometimes I think that's a flaw for roots SC, they make so much power down low in 1st and 2nd gear it just blows the tires off. If I read it right the computer could control boost through the RPM and I think per gear. So you could have it making lower boost in first but build up through the RPM then max boost around 3rd gear when you know you should have traction.
I gotcha now. Boost being controlled spread out through the gears throughout the RPM range would be great! Possibly help with traction. lol
Thanks for the explanation.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Any tiny tid-bits dumped recently?

Was treated to the vette mid engine pics.
Something to get the juices flowing anyway. Hoping they put different doors on the production models. Sorry OT...just passin some time here.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Any tiny tid-bits dumped recently?

Was treated to the vette mid engine pics.
Something to get the juices flowing anyway. Hoping they put different doors on the production models. Sorry OT...just passin some time here.
I feel ya! I have been watching the C8 Vette situation as well! I figure the beginning of next year will be mighty exciting if the C8, Halo Stang, new Supra, ZR1 all drop around the same time! Good time to be in the buying mode! I really hope to be able to compare the C8 and GT500. Those are the two that really peek my interest!

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I know that vette is gonna look killer cool once they take that cover off it.
Its a drag if the doors are not upward opening in some way or another. Hope they can find it in themselves to make the darn emblem on the front smaller and more discreet
Ill tear it off.
Will be interesting to see how it pans out.
Heard about the supra a while back but i thought it was only like 500 HP or something. Ill go and dig up that one too.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Don't forget about the rumoured non-hybrid NSX-R. That may bring me back to Japanese performance. The NSX-GT3 gives us a great preview with 500hp engine only.

My GTR was awesome, but my GT350 makes me feel better about driving. GTR was too much of a boxer dropper also. Lol.
IMG_0804.JPG

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I guess I'm an odd one out but I couldn't be less interested or impressed by the r35. I'm quite unimpressed with it be blunt
Sponsored