Sponsored

2015 GT PP track video w/ GT3's and the rest of the Porsche Club

Oversight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Hello all. I just picked up this GT PP a few weeks ago. 2015 GT Premium PP Oxford White with Recaros.

My first car was a 94 Mustang and haven't had another one since. I've had 3 1994-1995 Supra Turbos, 3 300ZX TT's from the mid 90's, 3 C5 Vettes (one 04 Z06) and many other performance cars like M3's, CTS-V, CL55 AMG and so on. I know... I have a problem...:doh:

This GT is quickly becoming one of my favorite cars I've ever owned. Mostly because of how well this car did at the track last weekend. I was passing cars that I could not pass in my previous car (2010 Lancer EVO making over 400whp). Nobody could believe how "stock" my car was. This 40k car was holding it's own with some serious track cars. I've been trying to attach the video somehow but I've given up. This car rotates on the limit. I honestly din't feel much understeer at all. It was loose on turn exit (which I enjoy). It is definitely a fantastic track car. The Stock PP brakes held up great to the Porterfield Race Pads which I highly recommend. I also would suggest the SRF brake fluid. It's crazy expensive but well worth it.

Here is the link to the video. If anyone can embed this, please feel free. Cheers!!

In this video you will see two 991 GT3's, a 997 Cup Car and a M3 spin right in front of me.

Sponsored

Last edited:

jrl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Great vid, nice driving!

Is suspension stock? car looked pretty balanced.

I have the same car on order (OW GTPP/Recaros).

OP
OP
Oversight

Oversight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Great vid, nice driving!

Is suspension stock? car looked pretty balanced.

I have the same car on order (OW GTPP/Recaros).
Stock except for Eibach Sportline springs. The car after the Springs became very balanced. Lowering the car is a must if it's gonna be on the track.

Congrats on the order, I had a 16 on order until the 0% for 72 months deal came out. I decided to have my dealer locate one. Ended up with the GT Premium when I only wanted the base. Very happy with the Premium options. Glad I did it.

jrl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
So, just pads, springs and brake fluid? Your on stock shocks/tires? Any issues w/ bumpstops on those springs?

Thanks again

OP
OP
Oversight

Oversight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
So, just pads, springs and brake fluid? Your on stock shocks/tires? Any issues w/ bumpstops on those springs?

Thanks again
correct..stock shocks and Hoosier R7 tires. No issues at all with the springs.

Sponsored

jrl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
correct..stock shocks and Hoosier R7 tires. No issues at all with the springs.
Oh yeah, R7's, got some serious grip going on (295 square?). Which porterfield pads?

Looks like fun, enjoy!

Last edited:

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Oh how I miss Putnam, such a fun track. What kind of times where you running?

sldghmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP (x2), 2016 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
NICE!!!!

evanescent03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 bmw m3
Watched until I saw the e46 m3 lose it in front of you ... nice driving and thanks for posting. I'm considering swapping my 2016 m3 for a GT PP. I haven't had aa many cars as you, I don't believe, but I have the same disease. Too many great cars, too little time!

Enjoy the car and keep us posted on your track day impressions!

Sponsored

evanescent03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 bmw m3
What features from the premium package are you most happy about getting? Do you utilize the drive mode selector much? I had an m3 with electronic damper control before .. my current car doesn't have it and I don't miss it at all honestly. Throttle response is something it might be nice to adjust for the track but even then, I wonder just how necessary it is. Any insight? Thanks!

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Watched until I saw the e46 m3 lose it in front of you ... nice driving and thanks for posting. I'm considering swapping my 2016 m3 for a GT PP. I haven't had aa many cars as you, I don't believe, but I have the same disease. Too many great cars, too little time!

Enjoy the car and keep us posted on your track day impressions!
Why are you thinking of getting rid of the M3?

-T

evanescent03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 bmw m3
Why are you thinking of getting rid of the M3?

-T
I rarely use the back seats, it's $950/MO and putting the extra $300/MO into savings or student loans wouldn't be a terrible idea. I don't need to, but wondering if I should. A strong sounding v8 is appealing to me and I think the new mustang looks nice too so there's a degree of just wanting one. I've been slightly addicted to swapping cars. The M3 was my ultimate choice for a commuter, kid hauler, track car combo. Now that I have it, I sure do enjoy it, but most days im just puttering around in it not using its potential. I wouldn't feel so bad about the cost if in actually got to really USE it more often. It's a fantastic small family track car. Still my preference despite some of the positive reviews of the c63 and ATSV.. the m3 has the most I like about it and the least I dislike.

It seems like the GT would make a good commuter and track car, and a kid hauler in a pinch. Two kids in car seats (and a short wife)