Sponsored

PP GT —> Koni Adjustable + Lowered

Pauliejr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Just wanted to share my experience on my setup and gather some suggestions for upgrades.

I have a 2016 GT PP with from the factory handled very well (for a mustang)

I installed a set of eibach/ CJPP lowering spring and LOVED the look, however the stock PP Spring can not keep up with the new setup.

I ordered myself a set of Koni Yellow adjustable struts for the front and all I have to say is WHAT A DIDFERENCE.

The install took me about an hour per side with hand tools and jack stands and I could not be happier.

While I was in there I replaced my stock Brembo pads with the power stop track ceramic/carbon pads and NO MORE NOISE

I will post pictures shortly

I did not do the rear adjustable shocks as I wanted to seeenhow this worked out first however I am extremely pleased and will be ordering them today

WhT do you guys think the next step on upgrading the suspension to be?
Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Is this better than the no hop kit?
I do not have a definitive answer to that one. But the BMR CB005 is the go to suspension mod for this car IMO. It does the job of controlling cradle movement (in any direction) all in one kit. It's probably the best bang for the buck mod for this car. Probably even more useful than a tune for more power because with this, you can actually get the power to the ground and corner with more confidence. It's astonishing how much the cradle actually moves. You can feel it even in daily normal driving. It's sad.

I'd recommend doing BMR CB005. Then if you need more I'd add the FRPP knuckle bearing and polyurethane vertical links (BMR or Steeda take your pick).

Do sway bars last if even at all. If you want a more serious mod - rear lower control arm bearing. I don't recommend doing this unless you are prepared for a busier ride. I like having it but I do not actually need it. Personally I'd skip diff bushings. I have them and would be fine (and maybe happier) if they weren't there but YMMV.

Suspension mods can snowball on you so choose your mods carefully and install one at a time. NVH, etc. can add up when you start adding multiple aftermarket suspension components so just be aware of that.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
WhT do you guys think the next step on upgrading the suspension to be?
Glad the Konis are working out for you.

If you want to talk about what specifically you'd like to change about the way the car is handling, we can help recommend something that would do that.

Most handling mods are a compromise, there aren't may changes that just "improve" things without some sort of sacrifice.
Sponsored