Sponsored

System off to Save Battery

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
So once it got cold (well not really in Florida :lol:) I got this message. I still had the OG battery but it was just about 3 years old. Checking the voltage numbers it seemed to be going bad (hence the message that I have not seen in the 3 years I have owned the car).

Got a new battery since this one was on its last legs but for whatever reason I still get this message even after 2 weeks of getting the new battery put in. Now once I turn the car on it will go away and the radio will work in a few seconds but I am not sure why even with the new battery it would continue to do this at all. Is there something that needs to be reset?
Sponsored

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
So once it got cold (well not really in Florida :lol:) I got this message. I still had the OG battery but it was just about 3 years old. Checking the voltage numbers it seemed to be going bad (hence the message that I have not seen in the 3 years I have owned the car).

Got a new battery since this one was on its last legs but for whatever reason I still get this message even after 2 weeks of getting the new battery put in. Now once I turn the car on it will go away and the radio will work in a few seconds but I am not sure why even with the new battery it would continue to do this at all. Is there something that needs to be reset?
did you check for a battery drain?

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
Same here, replaced my battery and it still dies over a weekend, I just hooked up a battery tender...

OP
OP
thehunterooo

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
The battery is not draining or anything like that. I didn't have an issue with the old battery but it seemed to be going out because of age and seemed to trigger this. I didn't want to wait to have to get jumped and buy one on a bad day so I changed it ahead of time. Otherwise the new battery is fine but I can't get out of this mode and I don't see anyway to reset it or anything like that outside of the BCM stuff like this http://www.fordescape.org/forum/diy-garage/52369-diy-battery-monitor-system-reset.html

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
Did you leave the battery disconnected at least 20 mins? If so you should make sure your new battery is completely charged and doesnt have a bad cell ie have it tested.

Sponsored

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
Are you leaving anything plugged into the OBDII port? It will drain the battery and cause this. If not I would put on a tender all night and make sure it is fully charged and then check again.

OP
OP
thehunterooo

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Did you leave the battery disconnected at least 20 mins? If so you should make sure your new battery is completely charged and doesnt have a bad cell ie have it tested.
Yeah the new battery is good all the numbers are good and such (I had it tested). I’ll have to perhaps disconnect it and let it sit for a while.

OP
OP
thehunterooo

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Are you leaving anything plugged into the OBDII port? It will drain the battery and cause this. If not I would put on a tender all night and make sure it is fully charged and then check again.
Just the nGauge but I always had it connected before. What I think happened was the oem battery was borderline going bad and when the temps dropped it put it into this power saver mode. But for whatever reason I can’t get it to stop going into it even with the new battery. I’ll disconnect the nGauge to see if that helps though. Even if the car is running for a while and you turn it off and back on a few mins later it will still do it. But now even on cold start once the car is on it goes away in a second or two.

OP
OP
thehunterooo

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Starting last night it went back to working normally guess the BMS took a long time to readjust.

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
I just got the same message today for the first time. My car is a '21 GT and I've had it for 4 months without ever seeing this issue. Anybody dealt with the dealership on this issue?

rmxdavid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible 5.0 - Magnetic Metallic
I just got the same message today for the first time. My car is a '21 GT and I've had it for 4 months without ever seeing this issue. Anybody dealt with the dealership on this issue?
Yes, I had the local ford dealer replace my battery under warranty for free. Now it is exactly 1-Year later, car is now out of warranty (2019) and the message is coming up again...Convinced it is just standard battery drain with these models + the colder weather and the car sitting outside. Not sure what I can do it about.
Sponsored