Sponsored

Oil system

dirtysanchez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I am in somewhat of a quandary regarding the oil system improvements for the coyote. I have a std car at moment, manual. It will be getting Roush 727 soon. I am about to fit shockworks gear as well. It will not really b a track car, “might” see 2 or 3 days a year if it’s lucky. Unlikely drag strip. It purpose Is spirited backroads driving.
It will be getting the street fighter oil cooler mod. My question is this. Do I fit the gt 350 pan and pump, while I have the struts out, making dropping the k frame easier, do I not bother with the pan and pump, or do I add the steel gears to 350 setup as well? Lotta work, and I only want to do it once. It is a peace of mind thing, but if the wisdom is to leave it alone, I’ll do that. What do you all collectively think?
Sponsored

Egghead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
I am in somewhat of a quandary regarding the oil system improvements for the coyote. I have a std car at moment, manual. It will be getting Roush 727 soon. I am about to fit shockworks gear as well. It will not really b a track car, “might” see 2 or 3 days a year if it’s lucky. Unlikely drag strip. It purpose Is spirited backroads driving.
It will be getting the street fighter oil cooler mod. My question is this. Do I fit the gt 350 pan and pump, while I have the struts out, making dropping the k frame easier, do I not bother with the pan and pump, or do I add the steel gears to 350 setup as well? Lotta work, and I only want to do it once. It is a peace of mind thing, but if the wisdom is to leave it alone, I’ll do that. What do you all collectively think?
Well how much money do u have ?

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
If you're not doing much track stuff, I wouldn't sweat it too much as far as the 350 sump is concerned. Be aware also that the sump requires mods to fit our RHD cars (due to oil cooler location).
You really only want to do billet OPG/CS if you plan on either:
A) making big power (the Roush 727 doesn't)
B) bashing the limiter regularly
C) revving the engine to higher rpm (not gonna happen on Roush tune)

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
Definitely Sump and pump for track.
No need for road use.

If you did decide oil pump gears, you may as well do GT350 sump set up. It is not much extra work do replace the sump while the oil pump is out.
The GT350 sump comes with its own specific oil pump.

Sponsored

OP
OP

dirtysanchez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Thanks for the replies guys. That was kind of what I was thinking, I will be adding the cooler kit to it either way. Money isn’t the issue, convenience is. I would rather do the whole lot together, including pan and pump if needed, as r&r the subframe to get access would be easier with the struts out anyway. Unless you can lift the engine high enough in situ to make it work. Thanks. Speaking of which David, can I order the kit from the website as a part or kit?

Last edited:

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
Thanks for the replies guys. That was kind of what I was thinking, I will be adding the cooler kit to it either way. Money isn’t the issue, convenience is. I would rather do the whole lot together, including pan and pump if needed, as r&r the subframe to get access would be easier with the struts out anyway. Unless you can lift the engine high enough in situ to make it work. Thanks. Speaking of which David, can I order the kit from the website as a part or kit?
You can choose to order the oil cooler on website as the kit
https://www.kpmmotorsport.com.au/product/streetfighter-engine-oil-cooler-package-gt-v8/
or ring me directly if you are also requiring the GT350 sump and oil pump.
In stock however I have not added to online store as yet.
08 82999 998
Sponsored