Sponsored

2018 301A package come with android auto?

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
trying to figure out how to use android auto and cant find the android auto enable button in sync display. i don't have an android auto icon.

this is my current version of Sync3
sync 3 version.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Connect your smartphone
To use Android Auto, your phone must be compatible with SYNC 3, and be running Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or higher. You must also have the latest version of the Android Auto app downloaded on your phone and update other Google apps, for example Google, Google Maps, and Google PlayTM Music. We recommend you are connected to Wi-Fi when you download and update these apps. You will also need to enable Android Auto in your vehicle. To enable Android Auto, press the Settings icon in the Feature Bar at the bottom of the touchscreen. Next, press the Android Auto Preferences icon (you may need to swipe the touchscreen to the left to see this icon), and choose Enable Android Auto. Finally, your phone must be connected to SYNC 3 via a USB cable.

Note: You must enable Android Auto in your vehicle before you connect your phone via a USB cable.

To connect, plug your smartphone into any USB port in your vehicle* using your device’s manufacturer-provided USB cable. The first time you connect, you’ll see a pop-up message on your vehicle’s SYNC 3 touchscreen asking if you want to connect. Press Continue, and when the next pop-up appears, press Agree to accept the terms and conditions. You will also be asked to accept terms and conditions on your smartphone. Other steps may also be presented on your smartphone, follow the on-screen prompts to complete setup. Finally, if 911 Assist® is turned off, you may see another pop-up asking you to Set 911 Assist to On.28

Once you’re connected, Android Auto will appear in the touchscreen, giving you access to your phone, text, Google Maps, and other apps. When connected to Android Auto, your smartphone screen may be locked out. Android Auto does not control any of the standard functions in your vehicle.

OP
OP
Bald Menace

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
Connect your smartphone
To use Android Auto, your phone must be compatible with SYNC 3, and be running Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or higher. You must also have the latest version of the Android Auto app downloaded on your phone and update other Google apps, for example Google, Google Maps, and Google PlayTM Music. We recommend you are connected to Wi-Fi when you download and update these apps. You will also need to enable Android Auto in your vehicle. To enable Android Auto, press the Settings icon in the Feature Bar at the bottom of the touchscreen. Next, press the Android Auto Preferences icon (you may need to swipe the touchscreen to the left to see this icon), and choose Enable Android Auto. Finally, your phone must be connected to SYNC 3 via a USB cable.

Note: You must enable Android Auto in your vehicle before you connect your phone via a USB cable.

To connect, plug your smartphone into any USB port in your vehicle* using your device’s manufacturer-provided USB cable. The first time you connect, you’ll see a pop-up message on your vehicle’s SYNC 3 touchscreen asking if you want to connect. Press Continue, and when the next pop-up appears, press Agree to accept the terms and conditions. You will also be asked to accept terms and conditions on your smartphone. Other steps may also be presented on your smartphone, follow the on-screen prompts to complete setup. Finally, if 911 Assist® is turned off, you may see another pop-up asking you to Set 911 Assist to On.28

Once you’re connected, Android Auto will appear in the touchscreen, giving you access to your phone, text, Google Maps, and other apps. When connected to Android Auto, your smartphone screen may be locked out. Android Auto does not control any of the standard functions in your vehicle.
Thanks, i guess it would be beneficial for me to read the owners manual cover to cover

PoppinJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
My phone had a bug with Android Oreo 8.0 where it would not load Android Auto. Was super frustrating. With the 8.1 patch it was fixed though.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I'm just going to add that I have a 2019 with the 301A & could not enable the android option in the settings BEFORE plugging in my phone. So I gave up loaded Android Auto on my phone and just plugged the damned phone in via USB and poof Android Auto works. I hope this helps some other Sum-bitch in the same situation........... I used the Ford Sync 3 video before & it was wrong. Do not use this video link because its f*&cking wrong! https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-technology/sync-3/android-auto/sync-3-plus-android-auto.html

My 2019 manual says ...

Android Auto
Android Auto is compatible with most
devices with Android 5.0 or newer.
1. Download the Android Auto app to
your device from Google Play to
prepare your device (this may require
mobile data usage).
Note: The Android Auto App may not be
available within your current market.
2. Plug your device into a USB port. See
USB Port (page 320).

3. Follow the prompt on the touchscreen.
4. Follow the prompts that appear on
your device
Sponsored