Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FJG M1

MixTape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green 2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost PP
Let’s hope that the guys in this forum who are giving us new Sync 3 firmware can get us the 2018 version.
After doing some more searching, this might be a CNET error, Waze has this on their website:
Waze Website said:
For lucky folks driving in a 2018-model Ford, the Waze integration for your in-car touch screen will be available from the first time you connect. If you're driving an older, SYNC 3-enabled model, you'll just need to connect over-the-air or with a USB to access Waze.
https://blog.waze.com/2018/01/more-waze-on-your-cars-big-screen-with.html

Sponsored

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Even more reason to do the Sync 3 swap.

xraystyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium, Magnetic
Damn, this is interesting.

I've been running Waze via Android Auto for quite a while now and it's been great. I do like android auto, but it definitely handicaps most of the apps you can run with it. Sync3 does this far less.

I may have to experiment with going back to Sync3 now that Waze is available, instead of Android Auto. Especially since it looks like this is just going to be a mirror of the phone app, instead of the trimmed down version that runs with android auto.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
So to me this sounds like a Waze update and not a Sync 3 update. What I mean by that is Waze needs to update their app in order to support sync 3 applink?

Sponsored

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
ford came to the realization that a map update wont be coming out so it partnered with a new source that does???

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
So to me this sounds like a Waze update and not a Sync 3 update. What I mean by that is Waze needs to update their app in order to support sync 3 applink?
its both, requires Sync 3 3.0 software and the latest Waze client

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
ford came to the realization that a map update wont be coming out so it partnered with a new source that does???
Part of the licensing that Ford does with map providers is that the initial map is included in the license, but future updates need to be paid for by the consumer. It's part Ford cheaping out, and part the map company protecting future profits.

In any case, Waze and Google Maps using Android Auto is far superior to anything else out there. I'm happy there will finally be native Waze support, but it won't be anywhere near enough to make me stop using Android Auto.

JR

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
sub'd
Sponsored