2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
Love my Lund tune!
Sponsored

Turbooo'dS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have no dog in the fight because I don't even have a tune for my car yet (Still waiting on my build to be done). But I find it funny that this Steve guy is talking all this trash when most tuning companies don't play tricks in the tune (Which is all you can do with the S550, because there is not a switch like the 11-14's that work because of the BCM control over a lot more) to turn off TC on the S550. If you want to disable traction control and advance track just unplug the connector under the airbox on the driver side. It's a dyno switch that's there from the factory that disables all of that. No tune changes needed.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
Been loving my Lund tune. and yes traction control functions like it originally did. Its awesome when you forget its off lol

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Oh no, TC is always active as it's a function of ABS modulator - PCM sends the current amount of calculated torque and ABS modulator decides to activate the ESP or not.

Those are TORQUE controlled PCM's - the most difficult PCM's to tune. I've seen some Lund nGauge logs and YOU CAN'T tune the torque model with the data provided in those logs. Ask any STAND ALONE tuner you want...

Lund FORCES you to install their OWN specific Operating System - that is why flashing with nGauge takes 10 minutes while flashing the calibration with HP Tuners takes seconds. Nobody really knows what exactly Lund did in their OS as HPT will not read Lund OS. They can but agreed not to.

If LUND screws something up in your tune(they blew few engines in the past anyways - yes we know..) you can't even tell that something was wrong as they disabled like 70% of OBD data. Whipple tunes are even worse - OBD data is COMPLETELY turned off.

I would never load a tune that blocks or manipulates the OBD data - this is my car, not Lund's. If I buy a Hellion turbo kit Hellion will not weld my hood shut only because they want to protect their work...LUND does it only to avoid any liability in a case of blown engine or accident.

It does not take 10min. It's faster than an X4. My X4 was the same flash time regardless of steeda or lund tuning. The Ngauge was faster period.

Sponsored

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
They do as they switch the torque model off as they install a special operating system in your PCM. Electronic stability will not work properly without torque model - it will prevent your wheels form spinning but it will not save your ass if you whole car starts to spin - ever wondered why so many crashed mustangs and most of them with a tune? Go figure...
My car traps 122mph (so it has a decent bit of power) and I can cut up on the street so long as I have TC on. I notice a huge difference if it's off.

My experience doesn't match up with what you're describing.

OP
OP
16s550

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have no dog in the fight because I don't even have a tune for my car yet (Still waiting on my build to be done). But I find it funny that this Steve guy is talking all this trash when most tuning companies don't play tricks in the tune (Which is all you can do with the S550, because there is not a switch like the 11-14's that work because of the BCM control over a lot more) to turn off TC on the S550. If you want to disable traction control and advance track just unplug the connector under the airbox on the driver side. It's a dyno switch that's there from the factory that disables all of that. No tune changes needed.
does this really work? I haven't had a chance to pull out the navi yet.

also one more question speaking of Lund tunes, what do you guys think would run better at the track... the normal Lund flex tune or the ghost cam flex tune?

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
if you want to disable traction control and advance track just unplug the connector under the airbox on the driver side. It's a dyno switch that's there from the factory that disables all of that. No tune changes needed.
Some cars don't have that connector. Well they do but it doesn't connect to anything it just has a dummy plug in it and goes no where.

bmatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, 2014 Honda Odyssey EX-L
does this really work? I haven't had a chance to pull out the navi yet.

also one more question speaking of Lund tunes, what do you guys think would run better at the track... the normal Lund flex tune or the ghost cam flex tune?
They should be identical aside from idle, in theory. However, they say not to run the ghost cam regularly as it is only a novelty tune. I'd run the normal myself.

Sponsored
OP
OP
16s550

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool thanks. the shop pulled the moddiction unit out and reinstalling as we speak so I hope that solves it. If not I’m thinking it’s the unit. Not sure how the buttons can be miss aligned they fit in a certain way it seems. Didn’t look like you can’t put them wrong.

Just Incase was there a fuse or way to deactivate the tc or no?

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Not sure how similar the systems are, but when Lund tuned my Mach1 TC still worked, but they made it so that it would allow more slip before it would kick in. That may be where the confusion is.

Racerbox77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Cobra
Oh no, TC is always active as it's a function of ABS modulator - PCM sends the current amount of calculated torque and ABS modulator decides to activate the ESP or not.

Those are TORQUE controlled PCM's - the most difficult PCM's to tune. I've seen some Lund nGauge logs and YOU CAN'T tune the torque model with the data provided in those logs. Ask any STAND ALONE tuner you want...

Lund FORCES you to install their OWN specific Operating System - that is why flashing with nGauge takes 10 minutes while flashing the calibration with HP Tuners takes seconds. Nobody really knows what exactly Lund did in their OS as HPT will not read Lund OS. They can but agreed not to.

If LUND screws something up in your tune(they blew few engines in the past anyways - yes we know..) you can't even tell that something was wrong as they disabled like 70% of OBD data. Whipple tunes are even worse - OBD data is COMPLETELY turned off.

I would never load a tune that blocks or manipulates the OBD data - this is my car, not Lund's. If I buy a Hellion turbo kit Hellion will not weld my hood shut only because they want to protect their work...LUND does it only to avoid any liability in a case of blown engine or accident.

I think the WHIPPLE rep needs to chime in here and set this straight. [MENTION=13288]Whipple SC[/MENTION]