Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
UPDATE

I just got a reply from Dasan, one of Lund's calibrators, he replied with a LOL, they are not even able to disable the 15+ traction control, the the 11-14 cars they can, but NOT the 15+
Yeah seriously lol
That made me laugh too
Sponsored

strongholdsteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd go further to venture that the people that automatically disable traction control or set driving mode to sport or track are more likely to have tunes as well.

Still a bit curious if there is any truth to this, sounds like other people are saying they still have traction control and advancetrac with the Lund tune. I think what is probably changed is the torque management that tends to kill power on manual transmissions to save the clutch? I'd imagine there are some torque management options that are adjusted on automatics as well?
Oh no, TC is always active as it's a function of ABS modulator - PCM sends the current amount of calculated torque and ABS modulator decides to activate the ESP or not.

Those are TORQUE controlled PCM's - the most difficult PCM's to tune. I've seen some Lund nGauge logs and YOU CAN'T tune the torque model with the data provided in those logs. Ask any STAND ALONE tuner you want...

Lund FORCES you to install their OWN specific Operating System - that is why flashing with nGauge takes 10 minutes while flashing the calibration with HP Tuners takes seconds. Nobody really knows what exactly Lund did in their OS as HPT will not read Lund OS. They can but agreed not to.

If LUND screws something up in your tune(they blew few engines in the past anyways - yes we know..) you can't even tell that something was wrong as they disabled like 70% of OBD data. Whipple tunes are even worse - OBD data is COMPLETELY turned off.

I would never load a tune that blocks or manipulates the OBD data - this is my car, not Lund's. If I buy a Hellion turbo kit Hellion will not weld my hood shut only because they want to protect their work...LUND does it only to avoid any liability in a case of blown engine or accident.

strongholdsteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UPDATE

I just got a reply from Dasan, one of Lund's calibrators, he replied with a LOL, they are not even able to disable the 15+ traction control, the the 11-14 cars they can, but NOT the 15+
You can disable the "torque interventions" in Tri-core - this will cause the PCM to send the incorrect data to ABS modulator which means ESP won't work correctly.
ABS reads "ETC Torque" over high speed CAN BUS which is sent by PCM - and it's turned OFF in Lund tunes.

What did you expect them to say? LOL You gotta be sucka haha

strongholdsteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So LUND claims that you can't turn the TC off in S550 PCM? It's super easy actually, you can send this pic to Dasan - just increase the AIRMASS for TC.

Advance Trac is a different story - it's not even a function of PCM anymore.

Over and out.

28vpqb5.jpg

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
you talk a good game, and clearly know enough to make it seem the bad info youre spreading is fact, but it remains that several of us have stated our traction and stability control are 100% intact.........with Lund tunes

Sponsored

OP
OP
16s550

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
Yup mine still works because I feel it slowing me down and it won’t do a brake stand. That aside, I’ve done some reading and it seems that possibly the installer of my moddiction gps unit probably didn’t align the rubbers behind the tc button. If he gonna charge to fix I’m gonna do it myself tomorrow.

Last edited:

Need4Speed15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Auto
I’ve been Lund tuned for over 35k miles...93 tune then a FF tune, TC always worked and functioned just like the stock tune.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Lund tuned, TC and ESC both work just fine. Gotta turn that shit off to make the times at the strip.

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
If they disabled TC in there tunes and didn't tell people about it and someone crashed the car i'd think lund would be in a world of shit?

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Considering getting a Lund tune. Currently using Bama canned tune. Worth it?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Considering getting a Lund tune. Currently using Bama canned tune. Worth it?
for sure worth it, best tune out there.

let me know if you have any questions or need any help

http://teambeefcakeracing.com/lundtune.html

and for the record, the traction control always worked fine our 2015, very evident by killing my burnout on several occassions when i forgot to disable.....

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
for sure worth it, best tune out there.

let me know if you have any questions or need any help

http://teambeefcakeracing.com/lundtune.html

and for the record, the traction control always worked fine our 2015, very evident by killing my burnout on several occassions when i forgot to disable.....
Give me a few days & will place an order. Thanks

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
They do as they switch the torque model off as they install a special operating system in your PCM. Electronic stability will not work properly without torque model - it will prevent your wheels form spinning but it will not save your ass if you whole car starts to spin - ever wondered why so many crashed mustangs and most of them with a tune? Go figure...
With all the nannies on w/ 100% stock tune won't save your ass either :crazy:
LEARN. TO. DRIVE. YOUR. CAR.