Sponsored

Lund tuning and traction control

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
Quick question. I have installed moddiction unit and now traction control
Button doesn’t work. In the mean time while I trouble shoot is there a way to tune the traction control always off? Or remove a fuse that controls that? I’m hoping it’s not the unit itself and I can fix before track day next week.
Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I have a lund tune, and TC works just as well as it did from the factory.

OP
OP
16s550

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
I have a Lund tune. So that means my traction control button has done nothing since I’ve been tuned? I feel like it still engages but now that you mention i have to pay closer attention.

Sponsored

strongholdsteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No they don't.
They do as they switch the torque model off as they install a special operating system in your PCM. Electronic stability will not work properly without torque model - it will prevent your wheels form spinning but it will not save your ass if you whole car starts to spin - ever wondered why so many crashed mustangs and most of them with a tune? Go figure...

Last edited:

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
This is a whole new level of "Damn tune!"

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Im Lund tuned and my traction control and stability control both work normally, not sure where you got that info, hell just the other day, car got pretty sideways going into second gear, the nannies shut it down fast!

bmatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, 2014 Honda Odyssey EX-L
They do as they switch the torque model off as they install a special operating system in your PCM. Electronic stability will not work properly without torque model - it will prevent your wheels form spinning but it will not save your ass if you whole car starts to spin - ever wondered why so many crashed mustangs and most of them with a tune? Go figure...
I'd go further to venture that the people that automatically disable traction control or set driving mode to sport or track are more likely to have tunes as well.

Still a bit curious if there is any truth to this, sounds like other people are saying they still have traction control and advancetrac with the Lund tune. I think what is probably changed is the torque management that tends to kill power on manual transmissions to save the clutch? I'd imagine there are some torque management options that are adjusted on automatics as well?

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I can attest that traction control and Advancetrac still work on my Lund tune.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Id imagine the guys over at Lund wouldnt be too happy some random dude is saying this about their tunes, I know Dasan from his days at Revolution, I'm gonna reach out to him and let him know.

**I sent Dasan a message on fb, waiting on a reply.......

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
UPDATE

I just got a reply from Dasan, one of Lund's calibrators, he replied with a LOL, they are not even able to disable the 15+ traction control, the the 11-14 cars they can, but NOT the 15+
Sponsored