Corsa S550 headers now ready to go!!

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
What is the chance for catted headers? My son has Corsa Extreme catbacks with SP LTH. It is obnoxiously loud. I have the Extremes with factory exhaust manifolds and love the sound. So I didn't do headers. Actually we own a strip mall with other businesses in it. I asked our son to back his Mustang in so his cold starts don't rattle our tenants.
Catted headers won't change the fact that the Extremes are insanely loud. Catted headers with a Corsa Sport though? Still loud, but better than the Extremes. My Lund tune takes out the cold start within seconds after starting it up so my neighbors don't suffer.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jayman33

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
[MENTION=9610]jayman33[/MENTION] any update on this?
Nothing yet, we don’t think this will be an option from Corsa.

What is the chance for catted headers? My son has Corsa Extreme catbacks with SP LTH. It is obnoxiously loud. I have the Extremes with factory exhaust manifolds and love the sound. So I didn't do headers. Actually we own a strip mall with other businesses in it. I asked our son to back his Mustang in so his cold starts don't rattle our tenants.
Corsa Extremes plus any header setup is loud, it’s too loud for me personally. I like the sport catback (touring mufflers) paired with headers. Much more tame, still loud but sounds just right.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Im sure their headers are of a good quality but together with extremes its just way to loud imho. To each his own, i just think your atrracting to much unwanted attention from the authorities with this level of sound!!

Sponsored

Sherrodmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Looks great..

On the fence about picking up a set of headers. Just not looking for extremely loud exhaust.

I have the Corse Sport cat back going on the car this week.

oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Looks great..

On the fence about picking up a set of headers. Just not looking for extremely loud exhaust.

I think with the sport exhaust it would be a lot less obnoxious. I had Kooks 1-7/8 on my G8 GT with Corsa Sport and it sounded great. I'm sure you can find some videos of other cat-less LTs with the Corsa Sport, the sound volume shouldn't be much different from one header to another if they're both the same size LTs and both catless. Corsa's video shows em with touring exhaust I believe, it's a lot more muffled.

Im sure their headers are of a good quality but together with extremes its just way to loud imho. To each his own, i just think your atrracting to much unwanted attention from the authorities with this level of sound!!
It's not my daily, it's just a toy so it doesn't really matter. Also I just don't see a lot of this kind of enforcement in Houston anyway. The sound is obnoxious, but amazing when ripping full throttle, especially if there is a wall next to you or a tunnel hahaha.

Sherrodmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
I think with the sport exhaust it would be a lot less obnoxious. I had Kooks 1-7/8 on my G8 GT with Corsa Sport and it sounded great. I'm sure you can find some videos of other cat-less LTs with the Corsa Sport, the sound volume shouldn't be much different from one header to another if they're both the same size LTs and both catless. Corsa's video shows em with touring exhaust I believe, it's a lot more muffled.
/QUOTE]

Yeah, was also looking at the kooks headers with cats, mainly to cut down the noise.

But, it would be nice to have a full Corse exhaust from headers back, plus they look to be good bit cheaper. Just worried it about it being to loud, going to check some videos out now.

oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
But, it would be nice to have a full Corse exhaust from headers back, plus they look to be good bit cheaper. Just worried it about it being to loud, going to check some videos out now.
You could always add cats if you wind up not liking it in person. The x-pipes could be cut up and cats could be welded in easily at an exhaust shop as long as they know how to work on stainless and not just mild steel. You might find some clamp-able slip on cats too that fit. You can use some 49-state legal race cats as long as they're slim enough. That's what you'd get on most aftermarket headers anyway AFAIK. I don't think factory catted LTs are CARB approved, but I could be wrong.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jayman33

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Looks great..

/QUOTE]

Yeah, was also looking at the kooks headers with cats, mainly to cut down the noise.

Cats really don’t lower the volume on these cars. We’ve tested that theory and realized volume is dang near identical.

So far we’ve done a handful of installs with these, they’re quality and extremely easy to install, zero hiccups on fitment as well.

We have a few sets in stock ready to go, time to take advantage of your tax return... I mean parts stimulus check.
E8A20535-E2BC-4D5E-9792-4BFACF99C82F.jpeg

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
I am strongly considering getting a set of these and swapping out my catted kooks. [MENTION=9610]jayman33[/MENTION] just how easy are they to install?

OP
OP
jayman33

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
I am strongly considering getting a set of these and swapping out my catted kooks. [MENTION=9610]jayman33[/MENTION] just how easy are they to install?

Pretty damn easy to install. Already have installed a handful.

15RRGT

I am teh liquor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT PP TVS
If you do PM me on selling your kooks catted setup.

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
Will do. They're only 6 months old and less than 1k miles. The car is always garage kept. I know this isn't the classifieds section lol. The first time I heard the corsa headers video posted here paired with the sport catback ( that's the one I've got) I was sold. Man it sounds so much different than my car does right now. To me it does anyway and I really like it.
Sponsored