Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
mustangrad.io
I hope the powers that be don't get pissed at me for uploading...these are two pics sent from China to us...the two prototypes are on their way back to the US after revisions...all I can say now and I hope this isn't too much.
141mkva.jpg

67nnlw.jpg

Sponsored

nancy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang Ecoboost
mustangrad.io
I hope the powers that be don't get pissed at me for uploading...these are two pics sent from China to us...the two prototypes are on their way back to the US after revisions...all I can say now and I hope this isn't too much.
141mkva.jpg

67nnlw.jpg
Nice, looks promising!

Cost a bit more then anticipated, will have to see finished product! Thanks

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Been checking daily for an update lol,

No news so far?
Two weeks from that post would have been the 30th though so you're checking too early!

Those shots look nice though, can't wait to see em in cars.

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Nice, looks promising!

Cost a bit more then anticipated, will have to see finished product! Thanks
Although it is a bit more than anticipated, think about the other options out there, and how many of them are under $500?

nancy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang Ecoboost
Two weeks from that post would have been the 30th though so you're checking too early!

Those shots look nice though, can't wait to see em in cars.
haha yah i was a bit early, but luckily i asked anyways got some good news!

Sponsored

nancy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang Ecoboost
Although it is a bit more than anticipated, think about the other options out there, and how many of them are under $500?
so the price tag is pretty set? i remember when the idea first was coming around, the quote was around 200-250, then 350, now 400 :'(

To be honest, im between getting this or a tesla at this price range.

but still excited to see what the end product of this looks like!

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
so the price tag is pretty set? i remember when the idea first was coming around, the quote was around 200-250, then 350, now 400 :'(

To be honest, im between getting this or a tesla at this price range.

but still excited to see what the end product of this looks like!

When I asked about pricing, I was told it's a placeholder to prevent a flood of emails asking how much it would be, and final pricing is TBD.

These days, $200-$250 won't get much more than a POS TomTop.
If you get a Tesla unit, just keep this in mind:

1. Zero technical support.
2. They're $500+ in most places.
3. You will spend the first minute being sweltering hot, or freezing cold when you get in your car, since it has to boot before you can adjust HVAC. (Might not sound like a big deal, but under 40 or over 80 degrees, it feels like forever.)

With that said, it's all about what you want to have in your car.

kh1818

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
ooo that looks promising. the install is the only thing which makes me nervous (i have no experience with such things). Would need to find someone to install this for me

nancy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang Ecoboost
When I asked about pricing, I was told it's a placeholder to prevent a flood of emails asking how much it would be, and final pricing is TBD.

These days, $200-$250 won't get much more than a POS TomTop.
If you get a Tesla unit, just keep this in mind:

1. Zero technical support.
2. They're $500+ in most places.
3. You will spend the first minute being sweltering hot, or freezing cold when you get in your car, since it has to boot before you can adjust HVAC. (Might not sound like a big deal, but under 40 or over 80 degrees, it feels like forever.)

With that said, it's all about what you want to have in your car.
Yah definately, thanks for the advice!

There are many flaws with the tesla, which is why im holding off on buying one and waiting to see what this one ends up looking like.

In the original thread, it was said that 200-250 was the price range, which was why i was initially interested in the product. I understand thats super cheap for a quality headunit, but thats why i was so interested.

300-350, is a much more understandable price which I am okay with, but like you said no numbers are final yet.

Tesla units can be had for around 400, if you do a bit of research

But hopefully this product gets finalized soon! Hopefully I will be able to install it before the weather gets nice and I take my car out of storage :D

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
ooo that looks promising. the install is the only thing which makes me nervous (i have no experience with such things). Would need to find someone to install this for me

I have installed TomTops and Tesla units so many times, I promise you it's not that difficult. I've done it so many times, I can have my factory radio out in 12 minutes.

I know there are threads here with installation instructions for other units, and they should be similar with only minor differences, and I think there will be an installation/FAQ page on www.mustangrad.io once they have them complete.
Sponsored