Most aggresive CAI for the GT350

AndreiD

converted Ford fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2009 BMW X6 50i, 2012 BMW K1300R
Hi guys,

Lots of people praised the stock CAI in quality and airflow and from what I've read I tend to agree.

Having said that I was wondering if there is a CAI intake that's most aggresive in gains but MOST important intake sound. Are there any carbon fiber ones?

I remember seeing a video of a JLT that managed to change the sound a bit, making more noticeable the intake sound.
Sponsored

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
PMAS has two intakes available; one that does not require a tune and one that does require a tune. I had a great conversation with someone at PMAS a few weeks ago. I have used JLT in the past and have their catch can on my car now so I am not adverse to any of their products. Great company and products. PMAS is just an option especially if you don't want to have to tune your car.

Last edited:

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
The PMAS intake tube is certainly interesting. Their heat shields are interesting as well, but for a different reason. Their first design was a direct knockoff of the JLT, as has been discussed previously elsewhere in mustang6g, down to the cutout for the cold air tube. Except they didn't include a tube so the shield just had a gaping hole open to the underhood air. JLT called them out on this in a Youtube video. Their latest heat shield design appears to be completely different in that the front is totally open without even a pretext of a hood seal. It's hard to imagine how it could offer any IAT reduction vs. no shield at all.

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Not exactly, so PMAS was called out by JLT because they appeared to completely duplicate their air box. Poorly, like without the drainage.

I fundamentally would not buy one then because to me that's bad enough. I don't know how or why it happened. But the intake itself is nowhere near a copy. To JLT's point, it is not cool to do that.

they could have easily just made a different airbox, FFS what were they thinking.

Im going twins anyway.

The PMAS intake tube is certainly interesting. Their heat shields are interesting as well, but for a different reason. Their first design was a direct knockoff of the JLT, as has been discussed previously elsewhere in mustang6g, down to the cutout for the cold air tube. Except they didn't include a tube so the shield just had a gaping hole open to the underhood air. JLT called them out on this in a Youtube video. Their latest heat shield design appears to be completely different in that the front is totally open without even a pretext of a hood seal. It's hard to imagine how it could offer any IAT reduction vs. no shield at all.

Sponsored

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS/2016 GT350/2002 Audi A4
I just put the JLT on today. I can hear the usual sucking sound, and overall I like the kit but the filter sits too high and actually impacts the hood. I have scratches now from it. I have done all I could to seat it down better, and I believe it's installed correctly.

try714

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby gt350
I just put the JLT on today. I can hear the usual sucking sound, and overall I like the kit but the filter sits too high and actually impacts the hood. I have scratches now from it. I have done all I could to seat it down better, and I believe it's installed correctly.
Same as mine, the hood had lightly scratched on it.:frusty: Im going to a different route, I have a jlt with low miles forsale in the sale section.

Last edited:

JCSIX13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I ended up having to cut a little out of the tub to move the tube lower to clear under my hood. My hood ended up with scratches too.

Hope this helps.

Jack

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's a real bummer...The kit, you'd think, would fit, I know this company builds a good product, and not one I should have to break out a Dremmel to keep my hood from being scratched.

Sending them an email all the same...

Sponsored

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
PMAS intake with no tune required installed yesterday after getting everything needed and sitting in my house for the last week. Pretty straight forward. Going to give feedback directly to them tomorrow on the hose length from the driver side crankcase to the tube. The other hose that did go to the top of the stock intake reroutes underneath the PMAS tube and no issues on the connection. Rubs VERY slightly on the underside of the hood but i put a 3"x 3" piece of black carbon fiber tape at the contact point which should mitigate any further issue but will revisit if indeed. More growl from the engine bay due to the overall size of the intake tube. Nice product and not requiring a tune is a bonus. Available through different vendors. Great company to work with and they were able to address the fitment issue with the hose length pretty quickly that delayed the initial install and ability to Dyno about three weeks ago. No intention to Dyno now after install. I would recommend giving them a look.

Last edited:

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
We ran the JLT intake on our car. Fitment was great and it definitely increased sound.

Let us know if you have any questions and we'll be glad to assist you.

Thanks, Jared

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We ran the JLT intake on our car. Fitment was great and it definitely increased sound.

Let us know if you have any questions and we'll be glad to assist you.

Thanks, Jared
How have you addressed the hood rubbing issues?

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
How have you addressed the hood rubbing issues?
I don't recall any hood rubbing issues when we ran the JLT. But I guess we'll never find out as there's a Whipple on there now. :headbang::headbang:
Sponsored