Sponsored

GT350 LE...you don't see this every day!

RalphHood3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
50th LE #1087 WW Auto
UNFORTUNATELY (FOR MY WALLET) ALL 100% FORD PARTS!
JWS, do you by chance have a parts list of what the 350 front end conversion required? I'm assuming it's probadly not as stright forward as Hood, fenders, front bumper/valance. What else, especially under the hood or behind the obvious sheet metal panels had to be purchased/swapped if you don't mind sharing?

Thanks,
Ralph

uglygun

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 289 2v, 95 Cobra, 05 GT, 15 GT Perf Pack
It's the lighting...if you look at the door it looks lighter than the front fender but then the rear fender also looks darker than the door. I looked at it in person and the paint match was good as far as my eyes could tell.
Digital cameras are super sensitive.

If you play with HDR settings at all it will make the differences even more dramatic.

Your eyes might not be able to tell but the digital camera sure can. Then you see it in the digital image. Very common with photos of painted cars unless they do a good job blending into the next panel.

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
I'll work-up a list of parts and what I did on the front end, this weekend.

Sponsored

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
MY 21ST CENTURY VERSION OF A LUXURY MUSTANG

attachment.jpg
I think it looks great! I love it, you've got the best of both worlds. :thumbsup:

But I'd take off the Cobra badge on the front grill if possible or did you cover it with something else? Also, what does it say on side front fenders, next to the air vent (can't quite make it out)?

I might also suggest adding a rear spoiler. The front is very aggressive but the back looks tame now in comparison.

Reactions: JWS

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
I think it looks great! I love it, you've got the best of both worlds. :thumbsup:

But I'd take off the Cobra badge on the front grill if possible or did you cover it with something else? Also, what does it say on side front fenders, next to the air vent (can't quite make it out)?

I might also suggest adding a rear spoiler. The front is very aggressive but the back looks tame now in comparison.

There is no Cobra Badge or anything identifying the car as a Shelby, other than the Front Splitter, which is Shelby and says Shelby. The Badge on the Grill is from a 1965 Mustang GT Fender. The Fender Badges are from 1969 Mustang Grandé C-Pillars.

There will never be a Spoiler or Wing on the Rear. It has the GT Production Stamping Lip.

This is a Grandé, a Luxury Mustang. The only reason the car has any Performance Mods, is because they are necessary to mount the rest of the 350 Front End Parts and look "Factory" because they are "Factory". Any other Mods are to further the Luxury appearance, or to include all the available S550 Options that were not included (or left off ) the LE.

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Rear Valence

Rear Valence with New Bumper Cover. Lower is Gloss Black. Upper is WW. Upper contains Reverse/Backup Sensors with Wiring Harness.

Ding in Valence is from Delivery in 2014. Warranty Item, but I will let it slide due to Future Mods. When I had the whole thing dissaembled, I was unable to Pop it back out. Obviously a very hard impact that compressed the Plastic. Probably happened during the Delivery process where they drove my Car over 20 Miles with the Cover on.
IMG_6689.jpg

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
REMOVED GT-PP-LE PARTS & INSTALLED GT350 PARTS FROM FORD PARTS
(EXCEPT WHERE NOTED)

GT350 Aluminum Bumper.
GT350 Bumper Cover.
GT350 Foam Bumper Cover Reinforcement.
GT350 Upper and Lower Grill Inserts.
GT350 Brake Ducts.
GT350 Splitter, Belly Pan and Upper and Lower Fangs.
GT350 Lower Radiator Shroud Mounting Cross Brace.
GT350 Lower Radiator Cooling Shroud and Cold Air Box Interface.
GT350 Upper Radiator Air Dam with Office Depot Clips.
GT350 Hood with Vent Grill and Tether.
GT350 Washer Fluid Bottle.
GT350 Carbon Composite Radiator Core Support.
GT350 Powertrain Control Module Mounting Bracket.
GT350 Lower Fuse Box & Mounting Ears Modified to reduce height of Fuse Box (Later Replaced with GT350 Lower Fuse Box obtained with GT350 Engine Wire Harness).
GT350 Hood Hinges Painted WW.
GT350 Bumper Cover, Fender & Hood Weatherstripping.
GT350 Wiper Fluid Hoses and Nozzles (same as GT, but didn't want to remove the old ones from the GT Hood).
GT350 Hood Labels (GT-PP-LE Manufacturer Labels Installed in GT350 Location).
GT350 Hood Insulation.
GT350 Cold Air Intake Box and Grill Interface.
GT350 Black Coil Covers from Blue Oval.
Stainless Coil Cover Inserts from Emblem Pros.
Brake System Cover from JLT.
RedLine Tuning Stainless Hood Struts and MMD Polished Rod Ends with GT350 Hood Strut Brackets.
Removed GT Sound Tube.
Plugged Sound Tube Firewall Hole with Roush CAI Kit Plug.
Roush Cold Air Intake Tube with GT Throttle Body/MAF Compatible No-Tune Insert, Modified to Fit GT350 CAI Airbox.
Fabricated GT350 CAI Box Foam Seal (GT350 Foam Seal became available from Ford Parts and was Installed).
Replaced Roush Inlet Tube with GT350 Tube while Installing GT350 Intake Manifold, Throttle Body & Tune.
Installed GT350 Fuel Rails & Fuel Pressure Sensor.
Upper Radiator Support Brackets Replaced with Polished Billet Brackets from UPR.
Chrome Hood Prop Rod from Scott Drake.
Chrome Hood Latch and Washers from Blue Oval.
Polished Billet Radiator Cap, Washer Fluid Cap, Oil Fill Cap, Dip Stick Handle and Brake Reservoir Cap from Scott Drake.
Satin Billet Shock Tower Caps from UPR. (Replaced with Polished Billet Shock Tower Caps from UPR)
UPR Polished Passenger side Catch Can.
GT Fog Lights Installed with Fabricated Brackets.
GT350 Fenders, Vents, Side Skirts and Fender Splash Shields.
25 mm Billet Front Wheel Spacers to Compensate for Wider GT350 Fenders from CJPonyParts
1969 Grandé C-Pillar Badges to Replace GT350 Fender Badges, from a Source in Australia.
1965 Mustang GT Fender Badge in place of GT350 Grill Badge, from Scott Drake.
LE Pony & Coral Installed on GT350 Grill.
Carbon Fiber Window/Mirror Corner Covers from Tru-Fiber.
Sequential Turn Signal BLIS compatible Convex Side Mirrors from CDC.
GT Premium Bumper Painted Wimbledon White With a Gloss Black Lower Diffuser and Reverse/Backup Sensors and Harness.
Brushed Stainless Rear Bumper/Trunk Threshhold Protector from China.
LED Backup Bulb.
White LED Side Marker Lights from Raxiom.
Sequential Hazard/Brake Light Mod from Raxiom.
Sealed License Plate Frame from WeatherTech.
Jacking Rails from Steeda.
Mustang Rubber/Plastic Trunk Liner from Ford.
Gloss Black Upper Instrument Panel & Instrument Panel Cluster from JLT with 1969 Grandé Dash Badge.
Gloss Black Center Console from JLT & Carbon Fiber Armrest/Storage Cover, End Cap and Knee Bolsters from Tru-Fiber.
Gloss Black Door Armrest/Window Switch Panels from JLT.
Gloss Black Door Lock/Memory Switch Panel from JLT.
Gloss Black Seat Side-Skirts from JLT with Brushed Stainless & Chrome Plastic Control Switch Trim from China.
Gloss Black Map Light Cover from JLT.
Gloss Black Seatbelt Bracket Cover from JLT.
Chrome Headlight Switch Bezel from China.
Brushed Stainless & Chrome Plastic A/C Vent Trim Bezels from China.
Illuminated Door Sills. (Plug and Harness under Closeout Panel - Software Mod to Activate)
Carbon Simulated Door Handle Bowl Insert from China.
Door Grab Pocket Inserts from China.
Carbon Fiber Rear Seat/Side Panel Covers from Tru-Fiber.
Black Billet Hood Release Handle from Scott Drake.
GT350 Oil Pressure/Oil Temperature Gauge Pack with GT Chrome Trim Rings from Ford (worked when connected!).
Gloss Black Anodized Radio/Ventilation Control Center Stack Trim & Chrome Plastic Display Bezel from China.
Chrome Center Console Mode Switch Trim Modified from Blue Oval S197 Trim.
Chrome Engine Start Stop Switch Modified from 2016 Lincoln Continental.
Sync 3 Navigation & Touch Screen Display from Hellhorse Performance.
GT350 Instrument Panel Cluster. Digital Speed works, but lost MyFord Color and Center Console Mode Switch Function.
GT350/Adaptive Cruise Control LED Heads-Up Display. Connector & Harness under Blankout Panel.
Digital Dash Instrument Cluster from Hellhorse Performance to Replace GT350 Cluster & Regained My Ford Color.
Gloss Black Painted Instrument Cluster Bezel with Chrome-Wrapped Trim Ring.
GT350 Steering Wheel with Silver Stitching.
Black Billet Paddle Shifter Extensions (Removed for Access to Airbag Release Clips).
Installed Aluminum 3D Printed Paddle Shifters, after Sanding and Polishing.
Black Carbon Fiber Look Steering Wheel Hub/Horn Appliqué from a fellow M6G member.
Replaced Stamped Steel Strut Tower Brace with GT350 Performance Pack Aluminum Brace.
Stripped & Polished Brace and Replaced Ford Performance Badge with Mustang GT Badge.

Finally Replaced Original P-Zero Tires with New Set at around 46,000 Miles!

(One Rear Tire had a Giant Screw which would no longer allow it to hold Air. One Front had a Nail that didn't affect Air Pressure. The other Front Tire also had a Nail that didn't affect Pressure. It also had a Vary Large Nail that I picked up at around 4,000 Miles and gradually wore down to where only a short piece is still visible. Never affected Air Pressure.!)

Phase 2 was Complete with the Installation & Tune of the Ford Performance PowerPack 3.

Many more Front, Rear, Interior, Exterior, Undercarriage, Suspension and Engine Mods to come. (Phases 3, 4, and 5)
IMG_7030.jpg

Lower Cross Brace is New. Apparently only the 350s and the EcoBoosts with the Cooling Shutters use this. The Four Outer Bolts Attach the Brace to the Frame. The Two Inner Bolts Secure the Cooling Shroud to the Cross Brace.

You can Also See the Center Channel on the Aluminum Bumper. The Cooling Shroud Needs this Bumper to Sit Flush, as the Steel Bumper is Flat in the Middle. The Aluminum Bumper does not have the Mounting Holes on the Bottom of the Driver's Side, Outboard of the Shroud (Where the 350 Brake Duct is Located) to Mount the Adaptive Cruise Control Bracket.

Temp Sensor has been Relocated from the GT Position to the 350 Position on the Shroud.

The Thin Plastic Braces on the Shroud, Above and Below the Bumper, are Very Fragile. The 1st One the Dealer Ordered was Broken.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
LE to 350

Cooling Shroud and Front End Parts

The Upper 8310B Parts are no longer available. They were Block-off Plates for the Base Model 350. I wanted to mount my Fog Lights there, but had to Fabricate my own Brackets to make it work. The LE has the Oil to Water Cooler the Base 350s had, so doesn't need the Lower Air to Oil Cooler. Ford has upgraded all the newer cars with the Oil Cooler on the Driver's Side and Manual Transmission Oil Cooler on the Passenger's Side.

(These Parts are Available - Thanks to Chris (BigNasty15) who obtained the Part Number and is doing his own GT to 350 Conversion - I like my Fog Lights behind the Mesh and will hold off on modifying the Block-Off Plates to mount them until I am certain I won't need an Oil Cooler in the Duct. Besides, they have a Stealth Appearance now.)

The LE with Automatic Transmission has a large Cooler already Installed with the Radiator and A/C Condensor, so there is no need for a Transmission Cooler in the Lower Passenger's Side.

The Brake Duct on the Passenger's Side requires a shorter Washer Fluid Bottle to provide clearance.

The Yellow Air Dam slips over the upper edge of the Radiator. It needs two Clips to hold it in position. There is no Part Number or mention of these Clips anywhere I can find. The early 350 Test Cars did not have them, or even the mounting slots for them.

The Production 350s have a Metal Flange that covers the Air Dam. There is no part number, or even Drawings in the Maintenance Manual for this part, which weren't on the early prototypes.

(This part is available - Thanks to Chris again - However, the UPR Billet Core Support Brackets need to be machined underneath to fit the Flange Nut Plate. This is more work for later, but I've grown accustomed to the pre-production look and may keep it that way.)

Same problem with the Battery Cover Weather Stripping. The Foam Seal for the Cold Air Box only recently appeared in the Parts List. The Lower Fuse Box has no separate part number. You have to buy the 350 Engine Harness to get that Box. A year from now, however, the part should be available for about $15 when the 2018 Mustang Parts start to show up.

The Lower Radiator/Shroud Support Brace is required, but requires some digging to find the part number. It should be the one used on the Ecoboost cars with the moveable cooling shutters.

The Aluminum Bumper is required to mount the 350 Cooling Shroud. The Cooling Shroud has the Intake Adapter for the 350 Cold Air Intake Box.

To use the 350 CAI Box with the 5.0, without going to a 350 Throttle Body or Intake Manifold or requiring a Tune, requires a smaller diameter tube between the CAI Box and the GT Throttle Body. Installing the 350 CAI Box required removal of the GT Sound Tube Resonator. To keep from having to cut and splice Vacuum and Breather Lines, I went with the Roush Cold Air Intake Kit.

The Roush kit has the MAF Insert that necks-down the Intake Tube so that a Tune is not required. Because the Outer Tube is wider than the 350 Tube, Roush uses a Larger Air Filter. The Roush Tube also has one fewer Connection to eliminate the Sound Tube. It has enough other connections to hook-up all the 5.0 Vacuum and Breather Lines without having to cut and splice, which leaves a very neat appearance.

Installing the Roush Tube in the 350 Air Box required some cutting and hacking to mount in the 350 Flange Screw Holes. It does, however, look very similar to the full 350 Intake Installation.

Only minor problem is that the MAF Harness is stretched a little tight.

(I'd be interested to hear from those who have done the Ford Performance Pack 3 Installation with the CAI, Throttle Body and Intake Manifold with Tune. Would like to know how this affected mileage.)
IMG_6982.jpg

After Installing PowerPack 3, I can report that I am getting 25 to 26 MPG on the Highway and 22 or so in combined City/Highway Driving.

A lot of this has to do with the 93 Octane Fuel.

Prior to installing the Upgrades, I had been using 93 Octane for a while and was getting 24 to 25 MPG.

87 Octane was generally 23 to 24 MPG.

Too bad the 93 Octane is not cost effective, due to it being 60 to 80 cents a gallon more than regular.

By the end of Labor Day 2018, the Car will have over 31,000 Miles. All but the first 4,000 Miles going to Mustang Shows and The Woodward Dream Cruise.

Only Mechanical Issue appears to be a loss of Coolant. The Reservoir has been low for several months. An owner at Woodward has a 2015 and reported the same problem. He found he had a slow drip from the Water Pump area that was spotted by the Service Department. Apparently the Bearings or a Loose Shaft is allowing Coolant to escape.

Because I have not had the Belly Pan off in almost a year, I have not been able to inspect the area. Will do this after I return from New Hampshire after Labor Day, when the next set of Mods will be installed.

Last edited:

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Mostly Finished

A few things Missing while I have the Strut Brackets and Hood Hinges Painted.
IMG_7011.jpg

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Hood

350 Hood, Insulation, Hinges, Vent Grill and Tether. Also Installed the 350 Weather Stripping on the Hood, Fenders and Bumper Cover. The Bumper Cover Seals are different Sizes with the Clips in Different areas. Battery Cover Weather Stripping still Unavailable, as is the Upper Radiator Core Support Flange.

Hood Hinges on the 350 are much thicker than the GT and require a different Strut Bracket if you are using Redline Tuning Struts.
IMG_7032.jpg

Last edited:

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Hood Parts

Quite a lot of Parts for such a simple Swap.

Of course, the CAD Technician decided to mix and match 350 and GT Parts. This happens quite often, which makes finding and verifying you have the Correct Part very Difficult.

(You'll need everything here except the Hood Prop Rod, Latch & Striker and Release Cable.)
IMG_7008.jpg

Last edited:

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Side Skirts and Fender Parts

Front Fenders and Vent Parts along with the Side Skirts.
Mix and Match again.
IMG_6984.jpg
Sponsored