Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanspeed.com.au
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Porsche 987 Spyder
Our Vogtland Spring kits are all designed to be used with the factory shocks. All shocks are designed to work throughout a range of heights, they actually do not know if they are sitting 35mm lower as they are designed to work throughout their full stroke whether that is std ht, 10mm lower or 50mm lower as long as that shock does not bottom out. You will not bottom them out using a 35mm drop. Before anyone asks Vogtland springs are designed to work perfectly in conjunction with the factory bump stops.
Shown below is Matts car riding on Vogtland Pt No 953129 35mm Drop Front and Rear on Factory wheels.
13940022_10209105063797625_103612770_o.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Zee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2003 WRX, 2013 Forester XT
Looking at getting a set of these 35mm/25mm have been emailing Fred, just wanted to say he has been helpful and very prompt with replies.

IngotGT2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2016 INGOT SILVER GT
Same here anyone have a ballpark figure and recommendations for installation in WA?
Or
Recommended company to do similar in WA that has already had lowering springs fitted?
Perth area anywhere

Zee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2003 WRX, 2013 Forester XT
I've rung a few places they all seem pretty steep might be a case of the ol mustang tax.

Wilkinson suspension in Bayswater want $550 that includes alignment
Malaga suspension want $600 incl alignment
APE Springs in Landsdale want $350 plus $110 for alignment
Pro Auto in Canningvale (authorised Street fighter agent) want $90 per hour (4 hour job) no in house alignment

That's as far as I've gone with it for now. TBH haven't really been impressed with any of em but that could just be me.

Keen to hear from someone in Perth who has had em done.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
For the guys who are wondering which way to go in terms of drop, these are the 35mm front and rear springs.
Yes, the car is dirty as :ninja:
Note that even with the "even drop" springs, the car still rakes.
Rim height to guard height is about 10mm different front to rear from memory.
So yes, you can use the 25mm Spring in the rear to even the guard height, but you'll have even more rake...
Each to his own.
image.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Vogtland Mustang

Vogtland Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanspeed.com.au
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Porsche 987 Spyder
For the guys who are wondering which way to go in terms of drop, these are the 35mm front and rear springs.
Yes, the car is dirty as :ninja:
Note that even with the "even drop" springs, the car still rakes.
Rim height to guard height is about 10mm different front to rear from memory.
So yes, you can use the 25mm Spring in the rear to even the guard height, but you'll have even more rake...
Each to his own.
Car looks nice and low. Cheers Fred

goldman_cpa

@the_mustang_accountant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
His wife craaaaaaaaaaazy
25m rear, 35mm front.
Lowered.jpg
14469506_987477854696726_4811637939231779564_n.jpg

IngotGT2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2016 INGOT SILVER GT
25m rear, 35mm front.
looking at mirroring your stance i like the rake.
could you please do me a favor and measure the distance to the ground from the lip?
i just want to see what the 35mm drops the front edge by.
i might have to change the number plate holder from the stonsho to the Larkin as well, i have already scraped it once and cracked the bottom edge .:cheers:

Sponsored

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
I've rung a few places they all seem pretty steep might be a case of the ol mustang tax.

Pro Auto in Canningvale (authorised Street fighter agent) want $90 per hour (4 hour job) no in house alignment

That's as far as I've gone with it for now. TBH haven't really been impressed with any of em but that could just be me.

Haven't done a Mustang (yet) but if you have a basic set of tools all you'll need to buy is a spring compressor for around $30 - $40 and DIY. I'm certain there'll be install vids online showing the procedure. Even if you've never done it before you'll get it done in a day then just take it somewhere for a wheel alignment.

EDIT: Video from CJ Pony Parts shoing how to install springs (finding their vids very clear and well done). I'd do a couple of things very slightly differently but it won't effect the end result.

I know there's some subframe mods (my research hasn't got into specifics for those yet) but looks like it could be a good time to do those as well if you're going to. I know not everyone is interested in DIY but if you are, you're far better off in the long run spending some of the money you'd pay someone to do the job to buy any additional tools you need and do it yourself.

Last edited:

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Rogue 351 powered, '17 Ruby GT, '99 XH V8-S ute, '69 Mercury Cougar XR7 S-code, '96 XH Ex-pork van
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Fred, Got any 65mm ones?

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Rogue 351 powered, '17 Ruby GT, '99 XH V8-S ute, '69 Mercury Cougar XR7 S-code, '96 XH Ex-pork van
Vehicle Showcase
I'm also waiting on Bilstein otherwise Steeda may be the next best option. Really keen on dropping the coin on springs but it seems a waste to pull it all apart and only do springs then later on do the exact same thing to change the shocks.
Bilstein already have coil overs for em.

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Nothing to do with being a mustang and more to do with labour being too expensive I'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.