CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Well Brandi my service technician called. It's official. My problem is the evaporator coil. It's coming tomorrow and they should be finished Friday afternoon. I wonder why all of these coils are failing? Metallurgy?
Sponsored

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 401A 6M Ruby Red
Would think any decent Attorney could make a case out of this obvious defect.
I'm screwed as my warranty will run out before the AC craps out. Mine's not a DD and only has 2700 miles after owning 18 months.

moarhorsepower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Car just went back to the dealership to take care of the compressor. I have a feeling it will be back if they don't diagnose the evap/blend door issue as well. These are the parts they ordered:

FR3Z-19C836*A - Accumulator Asy
DS7Z-19B59*A - Kit - Air condi
DR3Z*19B596*A - Kit
FR3Z*19703*J - Compressor Asy

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Car just went back to the dealership to take care of the compressor. I have a feeling it will be back if they don't diagnose the evap/blend door issue as well. These are the parts they ordered:

FR3Z-19C836*A - Accumulator Asy
DS7Z-19B59*A - Kit - Air condi
DR3Z*19B596*A - Kit
FR3Z*19703*J - Compressor Asy
I have a lot of faith in the dealership diagnosing/repairing my car. Supreme Ford of LaPlace. The service manager Danny is great to work with.

- Driver side blowing warm/hot air, passenger side blowing cooler air
- Whine/noise from engine bay when AC system is on (auto, max ac, front defroster)

^^^This was my exact symptoms^^^ Mine was the evaporator. I also saw other posts with the exact symptoms that were evaporator coil issues. Man I hope they get you whole.

moarhorsepower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have a lot of faith in the dealership diagnosing/repairing my car. Supreme Ford of LaPlace. The service manager Danny is great to work with. Hope all works out well on your pony.
Unfortunately not all dealerships are that great. The dealership I'm using and Ford Corporate couldnt give me a definite answer on my brake squeal other than what "may" fix the issue. I know if I change the pads to a different brand/compound/backing it will clear up. But they gave me the option to replace with the same pads at my own cost and no guarantee it would solve the problem. They did fix the leaking valve cover gaskets and it hasn't been an issue since so they are at 1 out of 2 for me.

Sponsored

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Would think any decent Attorney could make a case out of this obvious defect.
I'm screwed as my warranty will run out before the AC craps out. Mine's not a DD and only has 2700 miles after owning 18 months.
Is it too late to get an extended warranty?

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Well Brandi my service technician called. It's official. My problem is the evaporator coil. It's coming tomorrow and they should be finished Friday afternoon. I wonder why all of these coils are failing? Metallurgy?

Low bid made by a third party vendor.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up my car today. All is working well and no rattles. Spoke with the service manager. He told me the part has the new number and the problem with the evaporator coil should be solved. Glad to get my car back.

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
My a/c just failed dammit!!!! Bought the car december 2015! It only lasted 2 years 2 months. Its the first thing that fails in the car no other problems whats o ever. But yes disapointed cause i have other cars for example a mazda 323 year 2003 and the A/C on that car has never failed. Taking my car to the dealer on monday i hope they fix it fast!!

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
UPDATE:
Got the car back from the dealer they told me the blend door that goes on the evaporator core was stucked they fixed it and said that if it gets stucked again they will change it but that implies changing the the whole evaporator and it had no leaks.
The a/c is running fine. Will see how long it last.

Sponsored

mikeD4V

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Add mine to the fail list. A few months ago the AC started getting warmer until all refrigerant was gone. I have the whine coming from under hood when the AC or defog buttons are on. Stops immediately when the it's turned off. Dealer recharged the system but I had to pay out of pocket since the car was one week past 3 years. Air is cold-ish now but whine still present when system is on.

Car goes back on Monday for another poke around. They ignored the under hood whine symptom and decided just to recharge it so gonna try and push the prev cost into the new work.

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
Add mine to the fail list. A few months ago the AC started getting warmer until all refrigerant was gone. I have the whine coming from under hood when the AC or defog buttons are on. Stops immediately when the it's turned off. Dealer recharged the system but I had to pay out of pocket since the car was one week past 3 years. Air is cold-ish now but whine still present when system is on.

Car goes back on Monday for another poke around. They ignored the under hood whine symptom and decided just to recharge it so gonna try and push the prev cost into the new work.
The whine is the compressor. It likely failed due to low refrigerant. It's a big bill.

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
After almost 5 months with no issues today again the air conditioning system failed same problem as before maybe the blend door got stucked again cause the 2 side vents from the drivers blow warm air and the other 2 from the passanger blow cold air. Left the car at the dealership they told me to give them a call on monday afternoon.

Update: they told me is the evap will be replaced. They say its a 3 day job.

Last edited:

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
So the original post of this thread said that they are using this new sensor probe design in evaps across the line. Are there as many problems like this with other Ford models? Or Mustang only?

Deleted member 35786

My 2017 GT Premium is working at 21,600 miles, but there has been times it only cools on passenger side until I start driving then they both are cool. Have appointment with dealer later this week to have it checked out. Fingers crossed its not the evaporator core. If so, at least its under the bumper to bumper warranty and there is a TSB out on it.

NHTSA ID: 10137091
TSB ID: SSM 47149

Some 2015-2017 mustang vehicles built on or before 2-sep-2016 may exhibit poor a/c performance. if a low refrigerant charge is confirmed and there are no other obvious signs of a refrigerant leak, suspect the evaporator to be the source of the problem.
https://www.truedelta.com/Ford-Mustang-tsbs-92,2017
Sponsored