Sponsored

Parts Question

RoushStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I want the Roush desk lid panel between the tail lights. Its my sneaky way to have my name on the car.

I havent been able to find one for sale so maybe you can help me out???

Sponsored

EddieGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2012 Challenger SRT8, 67 Fastback
I have yet to see a Roush deck lid for sale.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Not gonna find one, unfortunately. After talking with one of the local mechanics and getting some information as to why, it all makes much more sense as opposed to just getting the "No we don't sell it". But honestly, after spending SO much money with Roush, I had hoped that I could at least get one considering the differences between mine and a "real" one are a few parts that I don't want any way and a serial number.

Sorry to say guys but you're SOL. Your best bet is to find a company that'll sell you individual letters and buy them to make your own. Just tell them that you want "HOURS" so they don't get all in their personal feelings about using "ROUSH".

I'm obviously a huge fan of Roush's aftermarket parts and hope they reconsider this somewhere down the line -- at least after buying xyz parts, etc.... something.

OP
OP
RoushStang

RoushStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I figured that was the deal,to me it means a little more beings its my last name. Thats why I want one.

Kyle@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
Sorry guys, the dudes who pay $70,000 for their Mustang become quite upset when other people are able to clone their vehicles so we are strict on keeping certain items unique to our production line. This decklid panel is one you're not going to find for sale anywhere.

Sponsored

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Sorry guys, the dudes who pay $70,000 for their Mustang become quite upset when other people are able to clone their vehicles so we are strict on keeping certain items unique to our production line. This decklid panel is one you're not going to find for sale anywhere.
Yep. Same thing I just heard recently too and honestly makes much more sense after hearing that.

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
<--- another person that has everything on their car for a RS2 conversion and has everything BUT the decklid.

Shoot, Roush themselves featured my car once on their social media, but i still don't get that panel, lol.

EddieGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2012 Challenger SRT8, 67 Fastback
<--- another person that has everything on their car for a RS2 conversion and has everything BUT the decklid.

Shoot, Roush themselves featured my car once on their social media, but i still don't get that panel, lol.
I think people that spend good money on a conversion, like yourself, deserve the right to purchase the decklid from Roush. It shows brand loyalty and should be rewarded by the manufacturer. Just my opinion.

Kyle@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
The only way to have an RS, RS1, RS2, RS3 if for it to be built pre-title on our assembly line. We specifically do not want people "converting" their vehicles into Roush car that way. If an owner calls for replacement parts we require photos of the damaged items being replaced and vin proof to insure its a true pre-title build. While they find it annoying at first they quickly thank us for this as most will tell you nothing is more irritating then going to a car show and parking next to a car with all their badges and decals when it isnt a true serialized car. Some might remember the "candy bar" fender badges from 2015 were a retail item on website for a moment, then taken down for this very reason.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Given that Roush offers many aftermarket parts, do you think they would ever at least have any interest in creating a "different" ROUSH decklid for s550 owners that have a serious interest in the ROUSH decklid?

I know personally I just wanted to set my car apart from the rest of the s550s out there, and I just happened to buy 10k+ of Roush stuff (phase 1, phase 2, all exterior stuff, etc). I always tell people (even at car shows) that "it's just a GT with a Roush blower and all of the exterior stuff" and everyone's really cool with it.

I always respect "the real deal", but it would be nice if there was at least an option. I bet Roush could sell these with the quickness. That's a quick $150+ that could come in for all the s550s that want one, and I bet serialized Roush owners wouldn't care lol.

It's kind of like the front fascia right? The "real" one has "R1/2/3" and the other one just has "R". Think they'd at least be interested in doing something for the decklids considering a ton of people want them?

Sponsored

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
Well to be fair, Roush has already changed the fender badges three different times already and has variants for like the warrior cars. Of those, the first two can easily be found on the internet. Also it's clear what is and isn't a factory Roush, as evidenced by the grille logo. If it's an "R" it's a owner conversion, or if 1,2,3 or Warrior, it's one of those anyway.

So one could get close. I mean we can buy:
- Front bumpers
- rear bumper valences
- side winglets
- side badges (smaller "R" badge which comes on the ecoboost and early 2015's)
- side badges (first variation of "candy bar badge on 2016's and probably late 2015's but around 85% the size of the "official" roush badge)
- hood scoops
- hood heat extractors
- shift knobs
- floor mats
- lighted door sills
- wheels
- tires
- stripes (from Roush for the older models and from other non-Roush vendors if wanting stripes on a new car, and your social media team literally said "we won't sell you them, but we'll provide the exact dimensions if you want someone to make them for you")
- pedals
- underhood bling
- trunk kits
- coil covers
- styling bar
- spoiler
- side scoops
- window scoops

and probably more i'm missing, then it's clear that Roush isn't really in any way discouraging any owners to go out of their way to do a conversion, they just won't (and SHOULDN'T) give us a serial number, gauges, rear decklid or current side badges

So really the only thing missing say from my car and a serialized Roush is:

- Wheels (I chose different, smaller 19" wheels because potholes so this cancels out, same as [MENTION=17459]altjx[/MENTION], he also chose different)
- Rear decklid "roush" panel (again, [MENTION=17459]altjx[/MENTION] and I are running FRPP blanks)
- Roush serial number in place of my "Since 1964" badge on my dash. (also absolutely certain [MENTION=17459]altjx[/MENTION] and I could care less about this, we know we have owner conversions)
- Roush gauge cluster faces

I mean if all I'm missing is a serial number, and some stuff I can 3D print myself if I really got desperate, I'm okay with that, since I'm at less than half the cost of an RS2, and rather than have an axleback exhaust and stock suspension, I'm lowered and had a catback, shifter, intake an E85 tuned for still less money than the cost of an RS2, all using Roush sold parts for most of it, and then my own choice on wheels/tires/exhaust.

In my case I would have been patient for a factory ordered RS2, but I was told take whatever time it took for Ford to build my car + 60-90 days for it to be converted by Roush, so I passed since I needed a car in January, not in April. I know everybody has their own reasons, but these are mine. I still love and respect Roush and the company itself, and if I were to plan better myself and not be in a crunch where it's two adults stuck in one car badly needing a 2nd car, I'll either get a RS2 or a StingRay with my next purchase. Again, I'd choose RS2, and save that 11k, and have a Roush blower and calibration put on it for 7k, and save the 4k for other stuff.

Last edited:

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
Riddle me this... I know Roush at least in the past made it so an existing owner could take their car to Roush and have it converted to whatever, could one still do this?

I mean in this case, I'd take my car to Roush, and they'd swap on the rear decklid, swap my older candy bar side badges for the current candy bar badge, swap gauge cluster faces, and give me a serial number in the dash, and swap out my grille "R" for a "2", how much would this cost?

I essentially eliminated 95% of the labor since I did 98% of the conversion myself in my driveway, using all Roush parts.

Kyle@ROUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
No, the builds were always pre-title, you can bring a car in for upgrades but if we didnt build the car before it went to the dealer it cannot be serialized. And if you had upgrades done here say you had a blower put on a stage 2, it would remain a stage 2.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Add about $100 to that
I'm down for that. Where do I send my money to? Lol :D

Think they'll consider making and selling a decklid though? Maybe one slightly different than the original one?
Sponsored