pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
Greetings,

I have a 2015 GT with the factory interior ultrasonic alarm. While this issue doesn't happen often, I'm (and so is my dealer) perplexed as to what the cause is.

Randomly, when I get in the car, as I step on the break to begin the start sequence, my horn will sound two quick "honks". Then I press the Start button and off I go.

The cars windows are up, the car is locked, it has not been "bumped" by another car (I know it doesn't have vibration sensors).

Has anyone experienced this and may know why it happens??

Thank you.
Sponsored

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
This has been covered on here before. I think it's because the doors are locked. I can't remember though. You might find it if you search. I've just gotten used to the double beep. I tend to leave it running and get out and stuff. It likes to beep at me for all sorts of things it seems.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
This has been covered on here before. I think it's because the doors are locked. I can't remember though. You might find it if you search. I've just gotten used to the double beep. I tend to leave it running and get out and stuff. It likes to beep at me for all sorts of things it seems.
its like a doggie who is pleased to see you
:lol:

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Mine does this occasionally too, not sure the reason. Sit down, push the clutch/brake and it honks twice. I have heard that there is a "babe mode" where if it detects a fine looking woman in viewing distance, it will do this to get their attention so they can see the awesome stud driving the amazing sports car. That is just a theory though...

Sponsored

Bubbachunks

Forever Ford!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Millenium Falcon
Mine has done this a few times too. I figure it's in cahoots with the shuffle on the SYNC that keeps turning itself off.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
It's a rare transbrand car. It was born a Ford, but really yearns to be a Road Runner, hence the beep, beep.
If it starts making the flippa, flippa tongue sounds, you will have no choice but to rebadge it as a Mopar.

SWETRID

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 California Special
Mine has done this twice since I bought my car with no rhyme or reason.

Badmojo109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium black with redline interior
Well I know the 2 quick beeps is suppose to mean you left the car running and took the fob out of range but for it to happen before you start the car is very strange

Buzzard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Manual, Ruby Red, 401A, PP, Nav
I bet it is telling you the battery is low in your FOB
The user manual doesn't say anything about double beep when remote battery is low, but it does say this:

A message will appear in the information display when the remote control battery is low. See Information Messages (page 88).

Sponsored

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
For manual GTs should only have to push clutch(and start button) to start engine.. I know mine starts without brake pushed but will have to push both next time just to see if this honking takes place.

racer24crm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT
I'm betting you guys are leaving your keys in your back pocket and either sitting down on it and it presses the lock button or when you move your leg to press the brake or clutch its hitting the button. If you try locking the doors with a key inside it beeps twice to let you know you left the key in there.

I'm sure the cars logic assumes that if a key fob button is pressed there must be a fob outside the car but it is also detecting one inside the car so its letting you know this. It makes sense because our cars do come with to key fobs.

The only time my car has done this I've either felt or heard the button click in my back pocket.

Grinder67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
My car did this weird thing twice in the last week.Heading to work in the morning, I go up to the car sitting in the garage and open the door, it beeps twice at me, key fob in pocket.I know a few of the reasons for the horn chirps but this has me puzzled. My neighbors probably don’t appreciate the horn chirps at 5:30AM.

M151A2

Skinny old dude
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emmett
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Mine too. I never put my fob in my back pocket. I have a skinny ass and don’t even keep my wallet there.
Seems to be random, maybe 3 time so far. Like it is confused.
Sponsored