jdoug

Regular Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
I did notice recently a few drips coming out of where the stock mufflers meets the H-Pipe. Have you had this?
I have not noticed but I will check now that you've mentioned it. I have a pretty decent amount of overlap between the H-pipe and the stock exhaust piping though.
Sponsored

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
Could you use red RTV where the clamps are ?

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.

cbeech70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic
I know this is a old thread but has anyone ever got a solid answer? I have had my 16 GT at the dealership and they can't find anything? Only thing I have done is a resonator delete with a xpipe and even the dealer said there was no exhaust leak. Cats do sound like a real possibility, mine is even worse if I have a 93 octane tune loaded but will smell even with the stock tune. I'm about ready to knock the guts out of the cats.....has anyone tried that?

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I notice the smell also when i put it in the garage if i am hard on it while driving home.

OP
OP
LICobra

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
I know this is a old thread but has anyone ever got a solid answer? I have had my 16 GT at the dealership and they can't find anything? Only thing I have done is a resonator delete with a xpipe and even the dealer said there was no exhaust leak. Cats do sound like a real possibility, mine is even worse if I have a 93 octane tune loaded but will smell even with the stock tune. I'm about ready to knock the guts out of the cats.....has anyone tried that?
Mine was new with the stock exhaust when I first noticed the smell, and nothing changed after going to the Ford Motorsport cat-back several weeks later. A year later I went with a Corsa Extreme cat-back system ...same smell right after hard acceleration, a friend at work has the same issue with his stock system.
We believe it's coming from the cats, as they heat up from full throttle blasts, whet we don't under stand is how the smell enters the interior with the windows closed....possibly a coating on the outside of the exhaust ??? make no sense that what come out of the tail pipes would enter the interior with the windows closed.

Gurjit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium performance pack
the smell under wot is completely normal
every single car with cats does it

the cars without cats smell all the time

the fumes will get into the cabin, unless you weld your exhaust 100% around at all the connections
even then you got to think of wind dynamics

SVT Wylde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randall
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I have noticed a strange oil smell after I shut my car down for the past month. I checked everything in the engine bay but I didn't find the problem until I noticed a few drops of oil on the garage floor. The oil filter was loose and drops of oil were blowing back under the car and landing on the exhaust.

I still notice a strange smell from time to time when I park in the garage so that must be the cats.

cbeech70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic
the smell under wot is completely normal
every single car with cats does it

the cars without cats smell all the time

the fumes will get into the cabin, unless you weld your exhaust 100% around at all the connections
even then you got to think of wind dynamics
I have owned four Mustangs, two Camaros and many other cars and I have never had a exhaust smell in the car from hard acceleration. Even the dealership agrees it's not normal but they can't figure out what the problem is.

Sponsored

AlexhadanM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Blue
I have owned four Mustangs, two Camaros and many other cars and I have never had a exhaust smell in the car from hard acceleration. Even the dealership agrees it's not normal but they can't figure out what the problem is.
What did they say they would do about it?

OP
OP
LICobra

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
Me too, I've owned many performance cars over the years, including several Mustangs, and the S550 is the first to smell that rotten cat smell in the interior....to me it's not normal, at least all the performance cars I've owned since 1974....and that's quite a few.
After a Google search I see it's an issue that includes other brand vehicles, but the manufactures are ignoring the problem....

cbeech70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic
The shop said they would keep the ticket open and watch for any TSB's or any questions that are similar that come across the system. He said they can see other inquiries about the same type of problems. I just hope they find something soon, I love my car but I didn't buy it to drive slow and if I have too I'll trade it in on something else.

whalesalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
If I am in sport mode and really beat on it I will get a burnt smell. It's not clutch, it's something else. I have had this since I got the car and have about 15k on it and it still happens.

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I never notice a smell on the inside.
Sponsored