Sponsored

Ford Racing short throw shifter

foam27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Has anyone tried it? I just got a $200 credit for parts at my ford dealership (long story).. I'm looking at the ford racing website and there's not a whole lot that I want...I'd like to spend a minimal amount of money out of my own pocket since I just bought a catback.

Thinking of either the shifter or lowering springs.

Here's a link to it: http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=25136

Thanks in advance for any input you may have!
Sponsored

MagneticGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I'm also thinking about these same two upgrades. I asked my Ford dealer about the installation cost of the lowering springs. I was told that the job would take 8 hours to complete and at a cost of $965 in labor!!! :eyebulge:

Does that seem excessive? A labor rate of $120.63/hr certainly seems excessive!!! What have people been paying to install a lowering spring set?

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
ordered my ford racing short throw shifter through AM... should ship within 1-2 weeks..ill post review and install pics..

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
ordered my ford racing short throw shifter through AM... should ship within 1-2 weeks..ill post review and install pics..
Please do I am also in the same boat want to get a short throw but would rather stay with ford for obvious warranty issues.

Sponsored

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
I'm also thinking about these same two upgrades. I asked my Ford dealer about the installation cost of the lowering springs. I was told that the job would take 8 hours to complete and at a cost of $965 in labor!!! :eyebulge:

Does that seem excessive? A labor rate of $120.63/hr certainly seems excessive!!! What have people been paying to install a lowering spring set?
Yes that's excessive. Should be about $80-90/hour and maybe half the hours. Shouldn't take that long for trained professionals to get a suspension out and apart with all the necessary tools at their disposal.

Mikeg4572

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GTPP
I paid $200 for spring install. I wouldn't pay anyone more than $300

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
Please do I am also in the same boat want to get a short throw but would rather stay with ford for obvious warranty issues.
I will and yes warranty. Waiting game is on lol

MagneticGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I'm interested to see:

1. If the installation requires getting under the car or if it can all be done inside?
  2. If the original knob can be retained or if the Ford Racing ball must be used?
  3. If the shift feel is improved?

Last edited:

Sponsored

yjack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Premium PP MT GT
That looks really interesting and also cheaper compare to other options out there.

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
I'm sure you still have to go under the car. And u can retain factory shift knob or use the ford racing ball. Throw is 15-20% reduced. I've had ford racing shifter w my other mustangs before and I was satisfied. I'd rather spend the other extra cash for suspension parts rather than all for a short throw shifter.

stang9779

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Performance Pack
Seen shifter on Sundays Detroit Muscle on Spike. It's basically taking the stock shifter apart. Changing the shaft that goes in the car, and the bushings on the end of the stock housings to aluminum. Just an over hall/upgrade to factory shifter.

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
Were at...

I paid $200 for spring install. I wouldn't pay anyone more than $300
Were at in Arizona, I will be there some time in September, I may have them do my car then.... Have buddy's that live there, in Buckeye, and Glendale right off bell road were the Pep boys auto parts store is at..... Seems like a great price, to me...... :cheers:
Sponsored