Sponsored

Illiminated Sill Plates

y2ksilverbullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GT 5M, 2001 DHG Bullitt, 2015 GT 50 YR LE A6
When I ordered mine (Phone) they looked up my Vin# then asked me to verify my address, place of purchase, etc....Not sure what they do online to verify-->:shrug:
Hmmm, wonder how that works for one that's been titled twice...?? Since I traded out #272 for #1064...?? Maybe they check National DMV database or something to verify ownership of specific car. :shrug::cheers:
Sponsored

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Hmmm, wonder how that works for one that's been titled twice...?? Since I traded out #272 for #1064...?? Maybe they check National DMV database or something to verify ownership of specific car. :shrug::cheers:
When new owner registers the car with ford or has warranty work it should show the correct person. Although, I had to tell ford late last year, I no longer owned a car I had sold two years before.

OP
OP

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
yeah, but if you have a VIN# and haven't purchased yours, shouldn't it remain available. Unless my theory of somebody with more money than sense bought up all the sill plates and then try to sell them for profit...?? Do they not verify if the VIN# you enter online is associated to you as the "owner" ...??
These are NOT all pre-built and just sitting waiting to be shipped out. They will be custom printed (build number etc) after ordering. Who knows how long Ford will keep the appropriate blanks with the additional wiring in stock- big unknown.

Side note: A year from now good luck on ordering such things as LE seat covers, LE floor mats ...these items do not stay in stock for long once production ends...I'm going to try and order a replacement seat cover (drivers side) tomorrow. I'll advise if they are available.

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
I was told 4–6 weeks before delivery which probably means 6 to 12 weeks!

So I'm guessing they are waiting to see how many orders they get before sending out the first batch to be engraved.

y2ksilverbullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GT 5M, 2001 DHG Bullitt, 2015 GT 50 YR LE A6
These are NOT all pre-built and just sitting waiting to be shipped out. They will be custom printed (build number etc) after ordering. Who knows how long Ford will keep the appropriate blanks with the additional wiring in stock- big unknown.

Side note: A year from now good luck on ordering such things as LE seat covers, LE floor mats ...these items do not stay in stock for long once production ends...I'm going to try and order a replacement seat cover (drivers side) tomorrow. I'll advise if they are available.
Good points. I wonder if the same "7 year" rule applies to the LE's as regular production for replacement parts being made by the manufacter, before outsourcing to third parties...??

Sponsored

BrettB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 50th Anniversary LE

There are LE seat covers? Or are you talking about replacement leather?

OP
OP

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
There are LE seat covers? Or are you talking about replacement leather?
Replace seat cover aka the leather/faux leather you sit on (black edges, white center)...when the factory cover wears getting one from Ford will be impossible... 01 and 03/04 Mach 1 were shocked to find out just how fast those covers disappear from Ford's inventory.

Motrv8

50th KB/auto signed by Ke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
50th anniv. #436 Kona blue/auto trans
Yes the LE sill plates are now available from Forf Show Parts and YES they tie into the customized multi color so they are supposed to change to whatever color you have chosen.

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Yes the LE sill plates are now available from Forf Show Parts and YES they tie into the customized multi color so they are supposed to change to whatever color you have chosen.
I already stated what Ford told me.

They explained the wiring to me, and whatever color you choose will be fixed until/unless you rewire it to select a different color but as far as my color, NO.

Sponsored

MandM9999

Mustang Lady 322
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50 Year Limited Edition 5.0L V-8
Here are installation instructions for the Rousch illuminated sill plates. I would guess that the installation would be roughly the same.

http://www.roushperformance.com/parts/manuals/421905-Mustang-Door-Sill-install.pdf
Patiently waiting to see how the install goes, and to get a resolution as to the color combinations, before ordering mine..

Please keep us posted, once they've arrived, and let us know how it goes!

Fingers crossed for an easy install, and color combinations that will make us all happy! [emoji2]

MandM9999

Mustang Lady 322
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50 Year Limited Edition 5.0L V-8

Mustang 1260,

Did you have a chance to check into replacement seat covers? What was the outcome - availability, price, etc. Please share if you received an answer. Thanks!
Sponsored