Exhaust Note Video List - Summarized in First Post

Nasty302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black Mustang GT, 1995 Red Turbo'd Mustang GT
Does anybody in here have the Roush Axel-Back Exhaust? Possibly combined with the Roush cut and clamp Resonator delete? I wouldnt lose any torque with such setup would I?
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Does anybody in here have the Roush Axel-Back Exhaust? Possibly combined with the Roush cut and clamp Resonator delete? I wouldnt lose any torque with such setup would I?
It's one of the most popular setups. Sounds great, very loud, but doesn't drone. You will not lose any performance of any kind. This is a modern engine.

Nasty302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black Mustang GT, 1995 Red Turbo'd Mustang GT
It's one of the most popular setups. Sounds great, very loud, but doesn't drone. You will not lose any performance of any kind. This is a modern engine.
Beautiful. Just what I was looking for. Forgive me as this is the first mustang I've owned newer then a '96 lol! So still plenty to learn after only 6 weeks of owning her.

Thanks for the help.

shownlow2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt
Does anybody know what longtube headers work with flowmaster outlaw catback? I ordered BBK got it all apart and found out they won't work with the outlaw catback.

Sponsored

ValidusTalon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP + FRPP2
I have been agonizing over the exhaust for my '17 GT PP, meeting with a few locals who had super cool setups from Corsa, Kooks, Roush, and even one completely custom fabbed (very nice). The issue I had was sound and cost, most were either too loud and super expensive, or too close to stock (to my ear) to justify the cost (all just personal opinion).

I decided I'd just try to do something less expensive as a potential stop gap - allowing me more time to consider where I wanted to spend the money while still enjoying a car I've been waiting for for so very long. So I ordered an SR performance X-Pipe and had a local shop install it for $50. They did a nice job, expanding the ends and welding them for good measure. After, while louder, I was bummed that it (again just to me) sounded worse. Next came Black Friday, and a nice price on the Pypes Street Pro Touring axle. I'd heard this on a few cars online, and decided worst case if I hated it I could just have the stock mufflers welded back on and sell the Pypes locally....

Anyway.. after a fun project in my own garage I think they sound pretty sweet as a combo. A good deal quieter than Roush axle backs + X-Pipe or Corsa extremes, but definitely meaner than stock. No drone in the cabin, and while cruising at around 2K RPM's volume inside the cabin is basically the same. Give her a little more 'go pedal' and it finally sounds like a GT (again just personal opinion).... If interested here is link to the very first start up and a couple low rev's... please excuse the mess and location, hadn't even taken the car off the ramps yet...

[ame]

And here is (a very cheesy, vertical) video of my backing the car out (warm start) and pulling away. The hill assist feature kinda fights me and the phone being used (iPhone) got weird on the sound for a minute... but otherwise you can see it's very deep, not super loud, pretty good for the price..

[ame]

Last edited:

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT

ValidusTalon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP + FRPP2
That sounds pretty good. If you don't mind my asking, what was you're all in price on that setup?

I paid just about $560 for the setup which broke down as follows. I purchased the x-pipe / axle back from American Muscle, free shipping (arrives in 2 days for me but I'm on the east coast)....I did have to buy a sawsall / blades but didn't include that cost as I have several other project to use it with..

$120 for the X-Pipe

$50 for the x-pipe install (remove resonator, expand ends of x-pipe, then weld at the rear section for a factory like fit)

$389 for the Pypes touring axle back (installed myself / black Friday sale price)

Both are 409 Stainless vs. 304 (except the tips which are 304) and 2.5" vs. 3" of most cat-backs. but I think this is all about sound, the difference in flow won't matter on my car (just stock, no power adders).

Last edited:

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Latest exhaust tweak, removed high flow cats and added magnaflow 12468 resonated x pipe.

Stainless power catless longtubes, magnaflow resonated x, magnaflow mufflers.
[ame]

SNOOPY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
Anyone have a problem loading the first page in this thread? Can’t get it to load at all. :(

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
[ame]
Steeda X changed the sound completely. Enjoy!

White_GT_CS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
After reviewing dozens of exhaust systems, watching countless YouTube videos, and based on my own personal preference, I've decided to go with Roush Axleback Exhaust. The Roush seems to be the best bang for the buck, again based on my own wants/desires.

Can't wait to get it hooked up!

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Lethal X Pipe and Roush Axle back cant go wrong for that kind of money!!

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
Would like to hear the Lethal X-pipe and Roush axle back when you get it hooked up!
Sponsored