Sponsored

Dyno results?

lockwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY2019 Bullitt, 2018 BMW M2, 2019 MX5 RFGT
Does anyone know the actual rear wheel kw produced by the Aust 5lt Mustang. On the American sites, they reckon they get around 280 kw, rather exaggerated in my opinion.
Sponsored

Vinno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Fastback Manual
Very hard to compare from Dyno to Dyno but I have dynoed mine at two places with other Stangs on social dyno days. I have a 5 litre manual with Hurst Catback and K&N drop in filter.

I’ve got 269 kW at one place and 264 kW at another. For comparison there was a guy with a box stock auto that got around the 254 kW mark on the place I got 264.

Other dyno’s might read lower as I hear of some showing in the 240’s as a pretty regular number. It’s all relative really and it might be better to compare Aussie and US spec quarter mile times than Dyno figures. I know of a standard manual that has done 12.8 at Eastern Creek not sure of US guys times but there is a section in this forum for that.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
My U.K. spec 5.0 Auto showed 244.4 KW as standard

This jumped to 259.4 KW after fitting headers, CAI and a tune.

Measured on the same dyno

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
It's really hard to give an EXACT figure.
The generally accepted wisdom for these cars is 17% loss to the wheels, which calcs at 253rwkw. That lines up pretty well with what we see in the real world.
Just keep in mind that the conditions of the test will have an impact on the outcome.
Inlet air temp and cylinder head temp are two very worthy contenders for producing skewed results.

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
My car with a catback and velossatech big mouth insert has run 262 and 259 respectively on two different dynos, very different conditions (one day in august, one on a 35 degree november day). There's so many variables going on, with weather impacting intake and cylinder head temps, as well as the dynos themselves and how they're run.

With that in mind, I will be running my car up on the second dyno again now that I'm tuned on E85 with a mishimoto intake tube and AEM drop in filter, and then again once I get headers (might get a CAI then too). Using the same dyno should reduce some margin of variation, but at the end of the day it's still just a number

w0rt3x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT Fastback Manual Ruby Red
267rwkw with just a Borla S Type Catback (2.5")
Sponsored