CJPP unbranded axle-back?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks [MENTION=30485]HeadShrinker[/MENTION] With the H-Pipe installed I'm at my limit on the sound in the cabin. If it gets any louder after some break in time I'll do the same with axle backs only. Glad I tried it with the H-Pipe first, and that I have another set of catbacks.
Could always add a pair of bullet resonators behind the crossover to tone it down, but not all the way back to stock resonator level.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
A look through the factory resonator.
Yep, it's straight through with a pseudo crossover. It doesn't mix or scavenge as well as an X-pipe, or even H pipe, though, and creates a more choked-off tone vs an X or H, even a resonated one.

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium

jefffrot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
[MENTION=22246]Fordever[/MENTION]I know how antsy you get when waiting on mod reviews. :) I had a little extra time today so I put my OEM catback set on the car paired with the CJPP axle backs. (1 hour and 35 minutes to cut and switch both systems, I set myself a new record).

Stock exhaust with resonator delete h-pipe: not the sound I was looking for.
H-Pipe with CJPP axlebacks: sounds great but a little loud in the cabin.
Stock resonator with CJPP axlebacks: PERFECT!

In addition, I was able to keep the sound tube so now I can hear the rush of air with the Ram Air Intakes, and the deep sound of the mufflers. It's the closest I've found to an old muscle car

+1 from me [MENTION=30485]HeadShrinker[/MENTION] :clap2:

Sounds great Bill! :headbang: Thinking of getting these myself when it warms up a little. I like the sound with the stock resonator so I will probably go that direction. The tips look great too.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
[MENTION=22246]Fordever[/MENTION]I know how antsy you get when waiting on mod reviews. :) I had a little extra time today so I put my OEM catback set on the car paired with the CJPP axle backs. (1 hour and 35 minutes to cut and switch both systems, I set myself a new record).

With the OEM set none of the hangers needed adjustment. I recommend leaving all of the bolts loose and start from the rear, align the tips, then work toward the front.

Stock exhaust with resonator delete h-pipe: not the sound I was looking for.
H-Pipe with CJPP axlebacks: sounds great but a little loud in the cabin.
Stock resonator with CJPP axlebacks: PERFECT!

In addition, I was able to keep the sound tube so now I can hear the rush of air with the Ram Air Intakes, and the deep sound of the mufflers. It's the closest I've found to an old muscle car sound.

+1 from me [MENTION=30485]HeadShrinker[/MENTION] :clap2:

Hey Bill, Thanx for the effort...AGAIN!!!:D I have been going back and forth on this, but after reading what you and [MENTION=30485]HeadShrinker[/MENTION]
have posted, everything is pointing to me ordering these axlebacks. I never had and plans to remove the resonator anyway, so these look the be the best option for me.

Thanx Again!!!!!:cheers:

Sponsored

Jetset335

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]FlgPg5VzeEA[/MEDIA]"]

I also agree with Bill. This is my set up.
"H-Pipe with CJPP axlebacks: sounds great but a little loud in the cabin."

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
@Fordever I think you'll be very happy with them! My wife and I went for a drive today and set the cruise at different speeds from 55 mph to 75 mph, no drone.
I am hoping....:D

How was the fitment? I have read some reviews about these not aligning properly. Was much adjustment needed for you?

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS