Sponsored

Custom Quad Tips

JLRMaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Easy setup for people looking for quad tips on their mustang without crazy price.
Solo performance exhaust (that's cat back or axle back)
Roush rear valence
Quad tips from stangmods.com
Performed this mod couple times and it fits perfectly. Any questions just shoot me a message.
IMG_5947.JPG
image1.JPG
FullSizeRender.jpg
image2.JPG
Sponsored

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
When I clicked on the thread, I didn't expect to see my car lol. Love the quads!

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
The quads are nice

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Had a couple of guys flipping out at my car at the Toyota dealership just the other day (picking up a part for the T4R), one guy couldn't believe how it sounded ("I've never heard a GT sound like that!?").

This Solo exhaust creates a really unique sound, it's got some muscle car growl mixed with a sort of exotic burble - of course, I gave it a little rev when parking :D

Looks great, might have to do this. Solo also makes a few dual tip options, have you looked into using one of theirs? It would also be bolt on (the mustang mods tips are weld on, right?)

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Wow the tips are so big. I am thinking if I wanna just trim the plastic.

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
What's that smaller pipe coming off the insides before the exit? Like a return line or something??? Is that where it gets the unique sound from?

MustangPapi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Easy setup for people looking for quad tips on their mustang without crazy price.
Solo performance exhaust (that's cat back or axle back)
Roush rear valence
Quad tips from stangmods.com
Performed this mod couple times and it fits perfectly. Any questions just shoot me a message.
Looks awesome, can you link all the parts. And a sound clip please! Thanks

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
What's that smaller pipe coming off the insides before the exit? Like a return line or something??? Is that where it gets the unique sound from?
Looks awesome, can you link all the parts. And a sound clip please! Thanks
The exhaust is from Solo:

https://solo-performance.com/performance-exhaust-system

There's 3 catback options, where the center section is the difference, an X (loudest) , the Thunder with 11" mid-muffler (medium), and the XV, 18" mid muffler (quietest).

That J-pipe / Helmholtz tube, is a noise cancelling mechanism, works great without the need for a full muffler.

So it's a Solo exhaust, the stangmods.com dual tips and a Roush rear valence. I'd imagine you could do this with any exhaust, but the way the Solo is designed it might be easier (since it's just a pipe directly out).

$875-950 for a Solo catback
$189 for the dual tips
$225 for the Roush from various vendors

Sponsored

stangrob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT PP
Hello gents,

I was asking about quad exhaust options for my ‘17 PP GT and was recommended to check out the Solo systems. I visited their website and listened to the sound clips for the XV and liked what I heard. Has anyone else tried their systems and have any thoughts or feedback? I’ve been looking at the Corsa Sport system but the Solo XV got my attention...

Thanks!

Rob

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Hello gents,

I was asking about quad exhaust options for my ‘17 PP GT and was recommended to check out the Solo systems. I visited their website and listened to the sound clips for the XV and liked what I heard. Has anyone else tried their systems and have any thoughts or feedback? I’ve been looking at the Corsa Sport system but the Solo XV got my attention...

Thanks!

Rob
I don't have it, but I've heard it in person, along with the Corsa Sport. The Corsa sounds good, don't get me wrong, but for me, it's too shouty. The Solo, especially the Mach XV, is the perfect blend of tone and volume for me. I intend to do a Mach XV with quad tips once I move out of this damn apartment complex.

JR

JKMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
When is someone opening a shop in Calgary that can install on mine (or even sell it to me locally)

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue