Sponsored

Oil leak at 16k miles. EB 2.3 pic

Aaron_ATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 M/T PP 2.3 EB
Popped the hood this evening to change my oil and noticed the front timing chain cover was wet with oil on the lower passenger side. Followed the stain as high as I could and noticed oil on the ear of what I assume is the head gasket. Got a pic from the front without a problem but the others are too blurry to use. Car is bone stock, 16k miles. Anyone else have this issue. Will be taking to ford this week.
20161220_182920.jpg
Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I think this is pretty common. People that have taken it to Ford said it was a simple and quick fix. I think it was putting sealant on the threads of a bolt up there. I had a spot there, took it in, they cleaned it off and put some dye in the oil so they could see where the leak was coming from and it never came back.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I am reviving this thread because I do not want to start a new one and I have the exact same issue. Not posting a photo because it looks exactly like the one posted above.

My car was serviced back in September 2017 and, although I didn’t check the oil level when I took it back, now it is right in the middle between the lower and higher level marks on the oil stick. I haven’t noticed any oil leak on my garage floor whatsoever.

My question is if it makes sense to assume that there is an association between the decreased oil level and the timing cover oil leak on my car. I haven’t called the dealer yet, although I know this is a common issue on the EcoBoost. What if I don’t get it fixed? Will it get worst?

Marvinmadman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EBM
It's really easy to do. Probably would take you less time to do it yourself than to drive to the dealership.
tempFileForShare_20180114-071115-768x1365.jpg

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Thanks man. Do you mind explaining what to do exactly?

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Looks simple. I guess I will do it myself. One question: when I pull the bolt out, is there going to be any oil leak? Do I need to have a pan underneath?

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Thanks man. I will do it next weekend.

EcoBoostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I thought mine was this solve and it ended up being a timing cover gasket... so I'd take it in, just to make sure.

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
It seems that there are several aspects of this issue.

I ended up calling the dealer and I took it in yesterday. It seems that the small leak was coming from the little turbo oil supply tube that was a bit loose. It took about 10 minutes to have the tube tightened and the timing cover cleaned.

I know I could have done it on my own, but I decided to let them fix it, as I am still under warranty and this will give them the opportunity to follow up on the issue in case it ever happens again. So I kept my hands clean, while having a nice conversation with them about modding and tuning ;)

janithwanni

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
janith
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Hello there,
I’m having the same issue. Is it covered by the drive train warranty? My 3/36 has already expired. 2015 EcoBoost with 19k miles.
Sponsored