Sponsored

PP3 availbale for 2018 GT's?

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
I saw that. I also don't trust doctored graphs that don't show the correction factor, torque, and especially the fact that they disabled IMRCs. Sounds like an asinine test. I'd trust the 3rd party raw dyno sheet over that nonsense.
You mean trust running 2 different intakes on same tune? Thats asinine as well.

Each IM is VERY tune dependent!

Or are you just picking which graph fits your arguement?
Sponsored

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
You mean trust running 2 different intakes on same tune? Thats asinine as well.

Or are you just picking which graph fits your arguement?
Really? Because that's also what Edelbrock did :headbonk:

You're a special guy aren't you?

As I said before, they make 'about the same' peak power. Until someone overlays a PP3 with a tuned 18IM on the same car on the same day, we won't know for sure which one makes more power. But there's a lot of confidence in the 18 making more power below 7K across the board, and the F150 making even more below 5K.

Going back to the original point, it's likely the 15hp gain for the bullet could likely from an unknown cold air intake. Maybe from the GT350 (which would make a lot of sense based off the PP2 numbers and the fact that they are using a GT350IM, why not use the CAI as well).

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Holy hell man im saying both tests are bias as hell and only tell half the story.

Dunno what to say if you cant figure that out.

I do know 1 thing for damn sure..........

Only reason to use a stock 2018 IM over a GT350 is cost. :lol:

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Holy hell man im saying both tests are bias as hell and only tell half the story.

Dunno what to say if you cant figure that out.
I wouldn't call them 'biased'. Biased would imply unfairly favoring one over the other. They just aren't great tests.

I do know 1 thing for damn sure..........

Only reason to use a stock 2018 IM over a GT350 is cost. :lol:
Unless you don't raise the stock GT's rev limiter :headbonk: And even then, depending on what your redline is, the 2018IM may still have more area under the curve and outperform the GT350.

Can't make umbrella statements like that :thumbsup:

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Who the hell would do a GT350 IM and not change the rev limit!?

Geez youre cherry picking here.

The GT350 IM with a higher rev limit and tune is going to murder a 2018 IM everything else being the same in a race because the car will be able to use more HP farther up in the rpm band where eventually the 2018 IM is going to fall on its face.

Now again daily driving each person can pick with suits them.

As fas as im concerned pecking order for performance is still

Cobra Jet
GT350
2018 IM

2018 being best all around and cheapest of the 3 yes.

Sponsored

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The GT350 IM with a higher rev limit and tune is going to murder a 2018 IM everything else being the same in a race because the car will be able to use more HP farther up in the rpm band where eventually the 2018 IM is going to fall on its face.
There has been only one true dyno comparison and one "marketing" dyno comparison between the 2018 gt im and gt350. You're only making predictions at this point.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Which is why we need to see a PP3 vs a tuned 2018. But going off that non-marketing dyno, the 2018 made more power and depending on how high you rev it, could have more area under the curve = better acceleration.

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
For full retard NA setups i want to see cams E85 long tubes and a CJ on a gen3 2018 backed by an A10 trans.
500whp has already been done on stock 2018 IM pretty easily.

I dont care about the hood fitment issues it blows my mind someone doesnt make cowl hoods for clearance solutions for 2015/2017 and 2018+

:headbang:
Sponsored