Sponsored

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ or Factory PZero summer tires in the summer?

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
How do the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ tires compare to the factory PZero summer tires in the warmer temps? Would I be better off keeping the Michelins on or going back to the PZero's in the spring?
Sponsored

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
imo the p zeros suck in most temps .. i have firestone indy,s and there great in warm temps .. so for a/s id stay with the mich

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Totally agree with swat 79. The Michelins stick better to the point that you can really feel the difference with the line lock. Much harder to get spinning. Quiet, too.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
The Pilot Sport A/S3+s are a good tire. I'm running them right now. Only have about 3k miles on 'em so far. Grip for days. Much harder to break loose over the P Zero Neros my car had before these. Don't have to worry about destroying your tires if it's too cold outside.

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Why have all season tires for summer? Get summer tires for summer.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Depends on what you're doing with the car. If you're tracking it, you'll want a competent summer tire at the least. Do you still have you stock 20" wheels? Put an A/S or performance winter tire on those and put a nice set of summers on the your SVE wheels.

AlbertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
If it doesn't see track use and is just a daily, then I agree the Michelins will outperform the PZeros in all aspects. I had a set of the AS/3s on my GT500 and they outperformed the stock Goodyears in every shape and form... even in the summer. Outstanding tires.

If you want something for summer that has more grip and is capable of some track time, then I would recommend picking up a set of the Pilot Sport 4 S. I am running those now on my car and it sees a lot of track. The tires hold up well beyond my expectations and easily keep up with other cars running 200TW extreme summer tires.

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank's for the replies. I don't track the car, the most it will see is some spirited driving on some twisty back-roads. If I had the money and tracked the car enough I would look into some dedicated summer and winter tires, but for right now, being on a budget, I was hoping the Michelins would be able to handle some spirited summer driving. I'm guessing by the responses that they shouldn't have a problem with that. I am surprised that the general consensus is that they handle better, even in warmer temps than the PZero Nero summer tires?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thank's for the replies. I don't track the car, the most it will see is some spirited driving on some twisty back-roads. If I had the money and tracked the car enough I would look into some dedicated summer and winter tires, but for right now, being on a budget, I was hoping the Michelins would be able to handle some spirited summer driving. I'm guessing by the responses that they shouldn't have a problem with that. I am surprised that the general consensus is that they handle better, even in warmer temps than the PZero Nero summer tires?
Well, your stock 20" had Pzeros (not Nero). Those are pretty grippy when they are HOT, like at the track. For street driving they will get beat by many, many summer and AS tires, even when on back roads. I agree that the A/S 3+ will outperform the Pzero in almost every condition, and would still give it a hard time or match it on the track. The Pirelli is an old tire.

Sponsored
OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, your stock 20" had Pzeros (not Nero). Those are pretty grippy when they are HOT, like at the track. For street driving they will get beat by many, many summer and AS tires, even when on back roads. I agree that the A/S 3+ will outperform the Pzero in almost every condition, and would still give it a hard time or match it on the track. The Pirelli is an old tire.
Good to hear. Thanks. That's what I was hoping for with the Michelins, something I can run all year since my car is a daily driver, that will still give me decent performance in the summer.

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
when i seen this post i just picked up michelin as 3s also . i got a good deal on 2 rear 285/40s from a friend so i just got 2 fronts stock size.. gunna get them on her hopefully next week

OP
OP
2015Etrac

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
when i seen this post i just picked up michelin as 3s also . i got a good deal on 2 rear 285/40s from a friend so i just got 2 fronts stock size.. gunna get them on her hopefully next week
I've been daily driving my car in the cold and they work great. Haven't had any issues with grip. I'm curious to see how they will handle the warmer temps, but from what I'm hearing they should do well. LFP cars are like 670-740hp? I'd be curious to hear how they do with the additional power. Eventually I'd like to throw a Roush s/c on my car.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Having had a Roush blower on my '11 Brembo with the 373 I can tell anyone that nothing except decent drag radials will hold it good enough. That said, in cooler weather I think these Michelins are just great. Those of us that live in the midwest and want to drive in April, May, Sept, Oct, Nov need something like the Michelins because of the cooler temps that hurt the Pirelli summer tires. I am very anxious to see what experience folks have with the Michelin summer tires put on the pp cars from the factory.

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
I've been daily driving my car in the cold and they work great. Haven't had any issues with grip. I'm curious to see how they will handle the warmer temps, but from what I'm hearing they should do well. LFP cars are like 670-740hp? I'd be curious to hear how they do with the additional power. Eventually I'd like to throw a Roush s/c on my car.
mines stage 1 so 670 atm .. im sure if i really get on it its going to break loose lol.but for the deal i got on the 285s i figure its worth a shot . i dont track it or anything .i just like having the power there in case i want to feel joyful :)
Sponsored