Sponsored

REAR PARKING CAMERA DEAD

Boggus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP
Body Control Module: B115E:8-0A

Inoperative Park Aid Camera, Luggage Compartment Lamp And/Or Poor Satellite Radio Reception – 2015-2016 Ford Mustang
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know there is a thread about this but I have checked my harness from the trunk lid to the rear deck and did not spot any wire damage. I replaced the camera and still I have no video.

Anyone have photos of the damage and exact location? Or access to the Ford Bulletin for the repair?

Check the 14A005 wire harness at the right deck lid hinge for damage between the package tray harness retaining clip and the deck lid harness retainer clip. Repair the harness following repair guidelines from section 5-1 of the wiring diagram.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since nobody has posted on this thread, the wires in question that break are right at the clip that snaps under the rear deck, passenger side, next to the speaker. Mine had 4 wires that were broken once I removed that plastic clip. After splicing them back together, I am back in business.

* So no need to remove the carpeted rear deck cover or the entire loom around that harness. Look under the rear deck, remove the snap holding the harness and remove that snap. Peel the tape back and look for the broken wires.
Sponsored

Last edited:

CGADAMS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 1992 SSP LX 5.0 W/ 331 stroker
any pics of the damaged area? mine is starting to turn off and on whenever it feels like

OP
OP
Boggus

Boggus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP
Did not take any pics, look under th rear deck where the plastic clip is (holds down the harness) and remove the clip, peel back the tape and you will see.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
You wont see any damage on the exterior sheathing of the harness, it's once you open it up that find the broken wires (plural), camera is usually just the first sign that it's fragged. You can also get intermittently the trunk won't release with the fob, interior button or exterior button. Trunk light can also be out. trunk open stays illuminated on the dash.

Having monkeyed with my harness I believe it's damaged in more than that one spot.
Sponsored