ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Thanks to everyone,

You guys were on the right track. Dealer called and said the mess was caused by a pinhole on the oil filter. Said I must have hit something but they would call it even on that one... ok? lol

Service manager is trying to make things right. Replaced the missing screws from battery compartment and is looking over at the scuffed bumper.
Yeah... There is an undercover that protects nearly the entire oil filter. I dont see how that's possible. Although I don't really have any plausible reason a pinhole would be in the oil filter either.

At least it sounds like it's going to all be resolved in the end. Still though, I would go to a different dealer in the future if you have to.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Thanks to everyone,
You guys were on the right track. Dealer called and said the mess was caused by a pinhole on the oil filter. Said I must have hit something but they would call it even on that one... ok? lol

Service manager is trying to make things right. Replaced the missing screws from battery compartment and is looking over at the scuffed bumper.
If it were me I wouldn’t take that as a satisfactory answer... I’d ask to see the oil filter.

I’d be willing to bet the Tech either did not tighten up the filter, or when he replaced it, he neglected to check that the rubber o-ring came off with the old filter (stuck to engine block) and most likely doubled up o-rings when the new was installed... that will also cause a leak.

There’s no way the oil filter could have been damaged while driving, not with the belly pan in place.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I see, under no circumstances, how you could hit your oil filter on anything without first ripping out the K-member.
Considering, knock on wood, I've been through 10+ track days of abuse even on sticky tires that pickup all kinds of nonsense and including a Gridlife at which Road Atlanta was covered in shit from stupid drift cars and my oil filters look like they did in the box, I find it really hard to believe that something hit the oil filter and caused a "pinhole". Defective oil filter, sure, but don't speculate bullshit and make a "call it even" comment, especially after the other BS the OP is dealing with. Can I get an AMEN?!

I could believe that the tech dropped a tool and it so happened to damage the oil filter. I've done that... not on the Mustang but... I've done that, haha.

OP
OP
Nietzski

Nietzski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
17 GT MT
I did ask to see the oil filter and he claimed it was already tossed. A dropped tool on the filter seems like the most probable cause since the car had not had it's first oil change.

Surprisingly, this last visit to the dealer was an acceptable one. They cleaned her underside nicely and also had their detail guy go over the scuffs to the bumper. When I got home I drove her up ramps and did a final cleaning of the bottom. Also, finally got around to clay bar and wax since she had microscopic residue on her from sitting on the lot.

She is now definitely in better shape than when purchased. Here's hoping to finally start enjoying the ride. Thanks again for everyones input.
IMG_3905.JPG

M151A2

Skinny old dude
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emmett
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Glad all is well now. I gotta tell ya, if I was told that BS, It would have taken a lot of effort not to climb over the desk and choke the living shit outta that SM. Then we can call it even.
Sponsored