Sponsored

My audio install thread. Shaker complete overhaul.

OP
OP
z06psi

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Fixed.

Basically the middle panel will have the power and ground distribution and the wiring will ride the bar closest to the top. Probably build a panel to hide it all. I can swing the amps down to also show them during a show as well.
Sponsored

PoppinJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
The rack looks amazing man. I cant wait to see the full build. I thought my stuff looked slick in the wheel well but that looks really nice. Great job so far man.

OP
OP
z06psi

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Took it all apart. Painted the amp rack and installed the ground and power distribution on the rack. I put sound deadener between the amps and the rack even though the fit really tight in there already. I want zero rattles from this.

All of the connection points between the rack and the car have plastic sleeves and rubber washers.

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
Awesome design and work! My son can weld... I can't. Unfortunately, I only trust myself to work on my car :(

OP
OP
z06psi

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Started in on the molds for the subs. Two Rockford Fosgate Punch shallow mount 10s. Should be plenty of base for my liking. They will have their limit of 500 watts per sub out of the 1000/1.

20180201_071938.jpg

Also order my SMD DD-1 to set amp gain.

Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Awesome. Years and years ago, I made custom fiberglass enclosures and it was fun.

Are you just going to do a flat front out of some MDF, or you going to trim up the back part and stretch fabric over that and an MDF ring to form the complete enclosure?

OP
OP
z06psi

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Awesome. Years and years ago, I made custom fiberglass enclosures and it was fun.

Are you just going to do a flat front out of some MDF, or you going to trim up the back part and stretch fabric over that and an MDF ring to form the complete enclosure?

Ring with fleece. It is all going to be carpeted so it blends in. I have the nice Rockford grills for the speakers to protect them as well.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Can't wait to see the final product. DD-1 is a solid tool too :thumbsup:

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Ring with fleece. It is all going to be carpeted so it blends in. I have the nice Rockford grills for the speakers to protect them as well.
Awesome. Pretty much the same kinda setup I was thinking of doing.

Fleece is okay and a lot of people use it, but I ended up switching to some thinner stretchy fabric. It takes a lot of resin to soak the fleece is all. Also easier to trim off excess material once the resin has set. Just gotta make sure whatever fabric you use stretches easily in multiple directions - most weaves only really stretch one way.

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
How do you get the exact airspace you need when you do a glass enclosure?

Sponsored
OP
OP
z06psi

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
A single shallow mount 10 only needs .5 cu ft.

The speaker displacement is only .074 cu ft.

We are not talking a lot of space needed. There are a couple of ways to check volume. You can fill the fiberglass enclosure with water to find volume and I have even seen people use the little air puffs you use for packing.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
A single shallow mount 10 only needs .5 cu ft.

The speaker displacement is only .074 cu ft.

We are not talking a lot of space needed. There are a couple of ways to check volume. You can fill the fiberglass enclosure with water to find volume and I have even seen people use the little air puffs you use for packing.
I think he was asking how to plan for it vs. how to measure after the fact.

OP
OP
z06psi

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
I think he was asking how to plan for it vs. how to measure after the fact.
This^

It seems like voodoo to me.
Well part of your planning is the space you want your system to take up not the other way around. Some people do not mind losing their trunk to 2 12s and 8000 watts. Lol

I went the other direction. Least amount of room possible taken up by the system and more sound quality. I bought and built from there. I looked up a lot of specs and performance and matched where I was going in the planning stages.
Sponsored