Sponsored

Windshield washers acting weird

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
16 GT. My driver side squirter is doing nothing (not even a drop) and the passenger side is squirting powerfully...right onto the underside of the hood. I don't know much about the squirters themselves but they appear to clip into place and look to be where they belong. I just put fluid in the tank a week ago and they worked fine that night.

Anyone experienced this?
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Either clogged up pr frozen.
Unplug the nozzle and flush out the dirt.

OP
OP

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
thanks for the reply.

they definitely aren't frozen, and i dont think they're clogged either. certainly not both of them, plus i dont park it under a tree and for the most part it's been under roof the past two months. i think the hose might be loose somewhere. it seems buttoned up pretty good too so this might be a PITA to troubleshoot. i really don't feel like taking it to the dealer, even under warranty.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Removing the hood insulation isn't too hard, just a bunch of clips.
This will expose your washer piping so you can troubleshoot the issue.

OP
OP

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Removing the hood insulation isn't too hard, just a bunch of clips.
This will expose your washer piping so you can troubleshoot the issue.
I must have missed this reply. On a whim I called and got a service appointment and got it taken care of. They said the hose had come loose. They also mentioned taking the insulation off. Thanks

Sponsored

panhandler62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I had this Exact problem. I went by the dealer. The service writer told me it would be fine when it warmed up. Well, it warmed up and it wasn't fine. lol

I took the insulation off, found the hose on the driver's side detached. Put it back on and we're good to go. :)

I think the sprayer that works a little bit, but not right, is due to the loss of pressure with the hose being off the other one (the one that only drools.)

gov cheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7 051A Guard
With the hood down the washer fluid runs into the drain at the back of the engine bay. Easy way to check wash fluid lines is to raise hood and turn on washer spray. If there is a broken or disconnected line you will see washer fluid running from under the hood heat shield.

dealership replaced my cars washer line due to broken "T" connector at passenger side nozzle.
Sponsored