Sponsored

Who has this buzz in their 15-17 GT?

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
I've owned 2 2015 GT's (one manual PP and now this convertible auto) and they both had this sound from the factory. I'm wondering if it's normal and if it can be eliminated. I made a quick clip next to a fence - but if you've ever heard a buzzing or metallic rattling sitting in a drive through like this post up for me and especially let me know if you know what it is or how to address it.

I think it's causing me some false knock but I have never been able to track it down.

Happens at idle and low rpm low load, or at least that's when I notice it. You first hear it about 4 seconds in. It was easier to hear on my phone than my pc speakers for some reason.

[ame]
Sponsored

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
If you still have the factory exhaust clamp underneath the driver's seat, make sure it's really tight.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Ya maybe an exhaust leak.

OP
OP
gqneon

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
If you still have the factory exhaust clamp underneath the driver's seat, make sure it's really tight.
I’ve been under the car and nothing is loose that I can tell. Are you referring to the clamp from the factory cat to midpipe, or the sleeve type clamp at the resonator ?

Sponsored

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I’ve been under the car and nothing is loose that I can tell. Are you referring to the clamp from the factory cat to midpipe, or the sleeve type clamp at the resonator ?
Yea that's what he's referring to. I don't think it's that though. I think it's a similar noise to what alot of us had. I don't think anyone ever got Ford to acknowledge the problem except for one guy who had his engine taken apart by the dealer who found engine damage from parts contacting each other.

OP
OP
gqneon

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
lol thanks guys, it’s still a mystery to me. Guess I better start saving for that forged longblock and 6R80 build with a converter, just in case...

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
After which the rattle will return :frusty:

I had something similar once, it was a small rock caught behind a heat shield and the harmonics at take off (mostly) and idle would make it vibrate.

You could try getting underneath and banging lightly in different places with a rubber mallet, sometimes the vibrations this sets up are enough to trigger it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
gqneon

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
I have had the stupid rattling buzz on two 2015 GT’s in a row. I’ve tried like hell to find it, and today I stumbled on it by accident when I had it on a drive on lift. For some reason when it’s on jackstands or frame lift it doesn’t duplicate this sound. But when the vehicle is loaded on the tires it rattled his ass off. It is the passenger side flex joint between the stock manifolds/cat to the resonator ... headers next week and problem solved. Holy shit. So happy to finally find it and have been able to duplicate it for once !

Last edited:

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
I have had the stupid rattling buzz on two 2015 GT’s in a row. I’ve tried like hell to find it, and today I stumbled on it by accident when I had it on a drive on lift. For some reason when it’s on jackstands or frameless it doesn’t duplicate this sound. But when the vehicle is loaded on the tires it rattled his ass off. It is the passenger side flex joint between the stock manifolds/cat to the resonator ... headers next week and problem solved. Holy shit. So happy to finally find it and have been able to duplicate it for once !
Congrats! Its so awesome to finally find the source of weird noises coming from your car! I wish i found the source of mine but so far no luck. :cheers:

OP
OP
gqneon

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
Now if the whole car wasn’t a rattletrap I’d be good... one thing at a time.

mustangenthusiast25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang Gt Premium
I've owned 2 2015 GT's (one manual PP and now this convertible auto) and they both had this sound from the factory. I'm wondering if it's normal and if it can be eliminated. I made a quick clip next to a fence - but if you've ever heard a buzzing or metallic rattling sitting in a drive through like this post up for me and especially let me know if you know what it is or how to address it.

I think it's causing me some false knock but I have never been able to track it down.

Happens at idle and low rpm low load, or at least that's when I notice it. You first hear it about 4 seconds in. It was easier to hear on my phone than my pc speakers for some reason.

[ame]
Hey man was it this sound?

I've had this sound from the right side behind the front tire for the longest time. You can hear it starting at 6 second mark. I took it to the dealer and they couldn't find anything.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Hey man was it this sound?

I've had this sound from the right side behind the front tire for the longest time. You can hear it starting at 6 second mark. I took it to the dealer and they couldn't find anything.
That sounds like the BBQ tick.
Sponsored